Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

The halfway point

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

The halfway point

Unread postby dpdad » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:29 am

49-32 after Sunday's win. Even playing at a shade over .500 (41-40) the rest of the way still gets the Tribe to 90 wins. And with CC pitching the way he is, a healthy Jake back, Pronk breaking out of his slump, and Cliff Lee throwing his best game of the year yesterday, this team will do much better than that.

My pre-season prediction for the Indians was 88 wins. Still a long ways to go, but I'm happy to see the Tribe on pace to blow that prediction out of the water. What will Shapiro do prior to the trading deadline? More bullpen help is needed, along with a RH power bat. Gonna be a fun ride the next several months with this team.
dpdad

Re: The halfway point

Unread postby Babrook » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 am

dpdad wrote:What will Shapiro do prior to the trading deadline?

Close your eyes.

What do you see?
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby lovsgrady » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:34 am

thinking :idea: you see nothing. lol.
right now i think our bull pen is good. the two Rafies are doing good, Borowski...well, I've still got my wicki heart beat every 9th not knowing what will happen, but Borowski still has the most saves right now, or is at least tied. Pronk just hit a no doubter this week, and I have missed those. Grady is starting to get his doubles, which had worried me, because it seemed he walked more than he hit, but at least made it on base. Grady just needs to work on his strike outs, he can't swing at those high pitches they throw him, that is how they know they can get him.
Nixon, well, right now the only thing he should do is keep the pies flying.
The team, keep having fun, and the wins coming.

Now to all you fans out there, turn your tvs off and root for our team in person. Get yourselfs some tickets and go see them play, but don't expect any good seats for the Yankee series, one games sold out, the rest of upper outer seats, and maybe a few better ones are all that is availiable, but you probably won't be on the lower deck.

But hey, with their record, walk off fun, pie fun, and play at the Jake, who can complain...I mean come on, we have three all stars, and many that could have been...Go Tribe :-D :grin: :D
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby Hoover » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:27 am

I predicted they'd win 86 games, so I'm surprised at how well they're doing so far. Runs have come just as easily as last year, but the pen has been a pillar of strength. But it could be even stronger if Shapiro can swing a trade.

I wish they could pry Otsuka away from the Strangers. Borowski is an accident waiting to happen. Every time out he either gives up a run, or has runners in scoring position. We need closer insurance. Boston or the Angels will slap him down and call him Susie in the playoffs. We need backup for JoBo.

This team plays its heart out and they really mesh well together. I'll be shocked if we don't at least get into the playoffs. Once we get there, it's kind of a crapshoot, but having a strong closer could get us into the Series. Get it done, Mark.
Hoover

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:05 pm

Hoover wrote: We need backup for JoBo.

This team plays its heart out and they really mesh well together. I'll be shocked if we don't at least get into the playoffs. Once we get there, it's kind of a crapshoot, but having a strong closer could get us into the Series. Get it done, Mark.

Hoover, I agree with your desire but I have to ask ----What are you willing to pay to get Otsuka?? Are you willing to deal away Adam Miller? How about Asdurbal Cabrera, or Chuck Lofgren or Trevor Crowe or Brian Barton? Do you have an untouchables in your evaluation of the minors??

I am willing to deal items out of the minors but I hope that Shapiro is careful. I for one do not want the Tribe to deal away a player or players that 2 seasons from now looks like the newest trade deadline fleecing.

Prior fleecing award winners are: Detroit (receives Doyle Alexander) and Atlanta (receives John Smoltz), Boston (receives Larry Anderson) and Houston (receives Jeff Bagwell), Seattle (receives Heathcliff Slocumb) and Boston (receives Derek Lowe & Jason Varitek), Houston (receives Randy Johnson) and Seattle (receives, John Halama, Freddy Garcia and Carlos Guillen) and lastly Montreal (receives Bartolo Colon) and Cleveland (receives Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore and Brandon Phillips).
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB