Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

This is classic

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

This is classic

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:11 pm

Milton Bradley got dealt for Andrew Brown ...... AGAIN. :lol: :lol: :lol:

For those that remember, Milton was dealt by Cleveland to LA in exchange for Frankie G and Andrew Brown.

When I saw it was Brown that was sent to Oakland for Bradley, one of my co-workers asked if I was ok because I was laughing and banging the desk so hard.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:19 pm

:lol:

Oh, that's good stuff.

Boy was he a headcase. I think that Bradley had so much potential. I remember driving over to Arlington for a series with the Rangers back in 2003 and saw him, Brandon Phillips, Hafner, Blake, Matt Lawton, Victor, and Ludwick and thinking the future looks bright. Phillips is a guy I still wish we had, but Bradley - good riddance and the A's found that out the hard way.

The only situation that Bradley could thrive in is if the NY Yankees picked him up and intimidated his stupid butt every day and had Jeter and co. never leaving his sight. It would be similar to Randy Moss going to the NE Patriots. There are some franchises that you just do not have a choice but to join and be a sheep. Cleveland was too young. Oakland is too laid back and the players are soft-spoken. NY would make Bradley wide-eyed and gain a conscious. Only teams that have a solid nucleus and leadership can make Bradley into the player he is. A guy like Joe T has way more influence over guys like Wedge and Oak's do do of a manager.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Bradley would still have on e problem in The NYC that he's has everywhere else - the inability to play close to a full season.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:42 am

Lead Pipe wrote:Bradley would still have on e problem in The NYC that he's has everywhere else - the inability to play close to a full season.

Actually, I think his biggest problem that he'd take to NY is that he's an a-hole, he's always been an a-hole, and he'll likely always be an a-hole.

I just look forward to the day he's a bitter, out-of-baseball a-hole who is convinced he was black-balled from the game and then blames every caucasian GM and manager for his troubles. Because you know that's coming down the road.

Torre is not going to be around long enough to make any difference in the career of Milton Bradley. Nor do 30 yr old malcontents often transform after 8 years in the league.
Milton Bradley is not anywhere near the player that Abreu, Damon or Matsui are and he's about 8 years too young to be on a team that apparently wants only 35-45 year old fading stars on its roster.

I also have to say that though I like Phillips, Martinez and Hafner, and I agree that Bradley had a lot of potential, I never (not once) looked at Ryan Ludwick and thought the future was brighter because he was in it.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby tribefan333 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:05 pm

This thread just made my week.

I remember when he returned to the Jake, and after a caught 3rd out he ran the entire right field line pretending and faking to throw it to kids with Indians hats on, faking them out. Real class act and a very mature gentleman.

I hate that prick.
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB