Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Something Buff points out

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Something Buff points out

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:08 pm

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_detail.php?id=1927

In Sabathia's last 11 starts, he has walked 9 batters: on the season, he has 108 strikeouts and 17 walks.

Fran Tarkintan and John Davidson would say, "that's incredible!"

Seriously, what an absurd K : BB ratio...

BTW - u can't touch this:

In one of the more amusing box score lines you'll see this week, Luis Gonzalez of the .179/.277/.244 batting line pinch-hit for the .304-hitting Luis Castillo, because someone has been feeding Ron Gardenhire mercury. Okay, I made that up, but short of heavy metal induced insanity, is there a good reason to do this?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:35 pm

CC is that ace we've all wanted. I amagine if you put him on those 90s teams?

Enjoy him while he is here.....
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:09 am

I don't expect it nor do I hold the Indians' management to it, but I'd love to see us land a four year extension with him. I wish that there was a way he could stay here his whole career, but that'd only happen if Dolan won a couple of Powerballs.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Babrook » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:12 am

Consigliere wrote:Enjoy him while he is here.....

I think Shapiro will sell his left testicle to keep CC in town. He is the most important player on the team. He is arguably the most popular. He seems to like it here. Would he love to go play a bit closer to his house with the barber shop/bar in the backyard? Sure. But he seems to like it here, too. Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Lol@Twins.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:29 am

His left testicle isn't worth the richest pitching contract in history is it? Because, if it was, they'd have a chance.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby livinthesportslife » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 am

I think two testicles would be worth the richest pitching contract in history. However, I think the Los Angeles Angels of, god I hate saying this, Anaheim have bigger testicles. I think it's a very real possibility to see him in an Angels uniform in 2009.
livinthesportslife

Unread postby Eckersley » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:00 pm

I'd say our chances of keeping CC past the 2008 season are somewhere between 0-1%. Never say never.

I just hope beyond hope that the stinkin Bankees' don't get him. With a new ball park on the horizon & MLB not wanting to increase revenue sharing, it's possible that both CC & Santana will be wearing pinstripes by 2009.

That will be enough to make me turn my back on MLB completely. I'll simply watch more minor league games.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Unread postby livinthesportslife » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:01 pm

The idea of both Santana and Sabathia wearing pinstripes at the same time instantly sent a shudder down my spine. I know there's a chance we could still keep him, but it would most definitely be the biggest hometown discount this world has ever seen. If Barry Zito can command well over $100 million, I don't even know what C.C. could get, especially if he wins a Cy Young in the next two years.
livinthesportslife

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:40 pm

I really think CC ends up in California. Anaheim seems likely, but I also think CC would prefer to go to the NL. He could bat, and away from the DH ... could put up even sicker #'s for the contract after this one.

Gimme the Dodgers in the CC office pool. They'll spend the insurance money they get from the Jason Schmidt contract on him.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby livinthesportslife » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:22 pm

The NL definitely is a possibility. I would rather see him go there so my heart won't break each year when he comes to town. I'll really miss him if he leaves. That is, unless he helps bring us a WS championship. Then we could sign guys from adult softball leagues and I wouldn't care.
livinthesportslife

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Swerb wrote:I really think CC ends up in California. Anaheim seems likely, but I also think CC would prefer to go to the NL. He could bat, and away from the DH ... could put up even sicker #'s for the contract after this one.

Gimme the Dodgers in the CC office pool. They'll spend the insurance money they get from the Jason Schmidt contract on him.

Since it is a given we won't re-sign CC, I think it would be cool as hell to see CC play NL ball and get over a 100 AB's a season. Think he could .700 + OPS ?

Dodger blue?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB