Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Amateur Scrapper observations:

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Amateur Scrapper observations:

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:27 pm

I watched the Scrappers give one away last night, but wanted to check out the kids. The Buzz around the park was it was Beau's last night as a Scrapper so I was anxious to get a look. He certainly passes the look test with the strong athletic build. He played third last night and did a vey good job making at least three plays. He has a below average arm and will definitely project to first or DH. He has an obviously high baseball IQ. He hustles and runs everyhting out. He scored from first on a double after being hit by a pitch which could have easily distracted him. Beau has started out slow and is batting < .150, in fairness to him he was facing a lefty last night, and he didn't see a fastball until his third time up and it bounced off his right thigh. He did turn on one his 4th time up and hit a three story foul over the 1st base side stands. He then hit a bullet to the short stop which looked like a major leaguer hit it, but was thrown out on a better defensive play.

Our second baseman Jansy Infante looked real good in the field and is batting around .400. Other than that, well let's just say I'm glad I don't have to make a living as a scout, it would be real difficult to project where these guys eventually end up.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB