Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

THIS TEAM NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO HIT !

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

THIS TEAM NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO HIT !

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:02 pm

this is pathetic !

i am so frustrated by this teams lack of hitting !
Tribefan24

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:16 pm

this team has no heart, and they dont care that they are playing like s*** against a horrible team

this is down right pitiful !
Tribefan24

Unread postby captain_wahoo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:20 pm

THey need to trade for a freakin bat already come on, Jesus maybe an outsider can jump start this offense.
captain_wahoo

Unread postby Get_Wedge_Out_NOW! » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:59 pm

The tribe cant play againt shitty teams. Its been that way for a long time why are you now just realizing this?

We get owned by the royals all the time and now the wost team in the MLB in basically every category is kicking our ass.

We are basically losing to the Expos with no Vlad.

Now THATS pathetic
Get_Wedge_Out_NOW!
Angry and Irrational

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:05 pm

well thats bad managing and lack of managing

aka eric piece of s*** wedge

this team is so poorly managed, its not even funny
Tribefan24

Unread postby Get_Wedge_Out_NOW! » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:07 pm

i diasgree with the "they have no heart" part

just becasue they lose dosnt mean they have no heart.

They woudlnt be excited and throwing pies in each others faces if they didnt like winning or care about winning.

They would take it as no big deal.

Try cheering the tribe on for one game, a win will make ya feel alot better trust me.
Get_Wedge_Out_NOW!
Angry and Irrational

Unread postby Get_Wedge_Out_NOW! » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:38 pm

so can Vic still hit?

3 run bomb = lead

nice going victor
Get_Wedge_Out_NOW!
Angry and Irrational

Unread postby Hoover » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:57 pm

Great win, but Borowski is gonna send a lot of fans to the Cleveland Clinic this year. He gets lonely without men on base behind him.

Tribe was very lucky that Logan is a dumbass. Why was he rounding 3rd base? What an idiot. Glad he plays for them, not us.
:lol:
Hoover

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:29 pm

and we are back to not hitting... 4 runs last night was a fluke

how is this team not scoring runs ?!?!

we need to get rid of nixon, get a corner outfield and someone has to get travis hafner going

LETS GO TRIBE !
Tribefan24

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:36 pm

This is embarrassing. Remind me of that series at last place Pittsburgh back in '01 when we were in first. This is a last place team for a reason. The Nats stink. Dmitri Young might be their best hitter.

This is just poor, poor hitting with too many strikeouts and too many mental mistakes at the plate. Nixon, Hafner, and Grady are slumping. I am just sick of watching this crap. We look just like we did last year. Homers with no one on and how many time is Casey Blake going to be ahead 3-1 and then ground out?
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby cozmeesah » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:41 pm

They only seem to be THIS horrible in NL parks against pitchers they never saw before. It baffles me, but I hope it is just the interleague shit.

Grady isn't doing well this series at ALL, but I wouldn't say he was in a slump like Trot and Travis. We'll see what happens tomorrow when we come back home and start back up in AL play.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby Babrook » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:10 pm

Damnit Hafner.

Top of the Ninth, we're down by two, runner on first, Pronk at the plate. Perfect time to come through in the Clutch. He grounded into the would be double play if Belliard didn't fuck over the throw.

And then, even after Belliard tossed the ball INTO THE DUGOUT, Hafner is like 'Oh hai ill just stay at 1st LULZ'.

/facepalm

How the fuck do we drop 2 of 3 to the NATIONALS? We are slowly digging ourselves out of Contention, game by game.
Last edited by Babrook on Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby jb » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Another day, another lame loss.

It is officially no longer funny.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby DarNoor » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:15 pm

Thank goodness for V-Mat or else we would have been swept. I'm curious to hear what Wedge has to say after this.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:17 pm

this is fucking embarrasing !

Grady needs to start stepping up and hitting instead of striking out all the time

Hafner wake the fuck up ! you are a worthless piece of shit !

nixon is and will always be garbage

this team flat out sucks ! and its annoying as piss to watch them play right now

i hope someone murders eric wedge... i will laugh
Tribefan24

Unread postby pup » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:18 pm

I'm curious to hear what Wedge has to say after this.

Gotta stay the course.

Hell of an effort by Jake Westbrook.

Couple of tough days lately, we just have to right this ship and get ready for Oakland.

It will all be fine.

Thank you for not firing me yet, Uncle Mark.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Babrook » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:18 pm

We should play around with the block and see if we can get any decent offers for Pronk.

Just to see what we can get.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:47 pm

Babrook wrote:We should play around with the block and see if we can get any decent offers for Pronk.

WORD !
Tribefan24

Unread postby Babrook » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Tribefan24 wrote:
Babrook wrote:We should play around with the block and see if we can get any decent offers for Pronk.

WORD !

Pronk and some bait for Crawford, Gomes/Baldelli, Reyes.

God, I wish.
Last edited by Babrook on Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:53 pm

I am glad Interleague is over. 9-9 ain't a terrible record, but against the Reds, Marlins, Braves, Phillies, and Nats it sure as hell is. Our only good series was at home vs. Philley, as that was the only time our bats were mostly awake. We are 9-10 since DD's GW single vs. Detroit on June 1st. Against sub .500 teams, we've been 4-5. Every team we've played is behind us in the wins column.

1) Sizemore - Very quiet, meaning the K's and the like aren't all he's doing (although it sure seems like it). Last year, Grady would regularly lead off games with triples and doubles. Now, he leads off 1/2 games with astikeout. We ned him in the 3 hole badly. He will see better pitches and bat with runners on. How do we do that with Crowe not being ready and Carl Crawford not acquirable?

2) Michaels - Should see more action anyway, with or without DD on the DL. Michaels obvioulsy wants to play and while he's no Ted Williams, he's a much better option than you know who. He'll crush a lefty...if he could only hit .250-.270 vs. righties on a regular basis.

3) Blake - Has been one of the best player on the team on offense and defense. He is having his best year and we need him as much as anyone right now. His 1 for 4 games are becoming quite customary and with RISP, he's still below average. He's not one of the superstars, so I will just be happy with what he's done - solid #'s.

4) Victor - Build the team around him is right. 62 rbi's and a .400 avg with RISP = 3rd best hitter in the league, in my opinion (behind Ordonez and Vlad). I think I speak for other tribe fans when I request to see more of him at 1B. Victor is the real deal and the best hitting catcher I have ever seen.

5) Hafner - I can't explain it. This is why we're not in first place, right here. When was the last time he hit a HR? Detroit series? He's hitting 25 points below what he was hitting coming into June and those #'s were still bad for him. He's quickly falling from the ranks of the untouchables to our best bait to get a great trade. I'm tired of seeing the ground outs. He's not launching the ball. It doesn't take him this long to warm up. Hell, Jim Thome would always start off slow, but he'd heat up quickly. Right now, I'd rather have Thome.

6) Peralta - Great start, but is it just me or is he cooling off a bit? Still, I am seeing too many strikeouts on breaking pitches that are balls. Peralta has also been costly with the glove, but valuable with the throwing arm. Overall, another guy we cannot complain about because, like Blake, his numbers have soared past last year's.

7) Nixon - Should be getting his walking papers any day now. Seriously, take the loss on the money and boot him. Make him a coach. Whatever. I was pissed at Shapiro for signing him. Since the beginning of June, he might have 6 hits. What a great April, though. I was coming around on him until this never ending slump. Gutierrez, while not a long term sure solution, is going to see alot more PT.

8. Garko - Good numbers, but clutch situations have seen him at his worst (Cincy). I'm wondering if he'll provide any trade bait? Think about it. If we keep Hafner and Victor plays 1/4 games at first, what is the real value, other than he's a RH hitter? Besides, Vic can switch hit and Shoppach is, in my opinion, good enough to play every day at C. We'll see, but Ryan is clearly a guy we could get along with out. I do like him, overall. I just want more.

9) Barfield - The best hitter, next to Victor, since June. He's been outstanding in the clutch and he's been really getting used to the league. His glove has been invaluable. We need to make this kid the next Baerga/Alomar and sign him to a good deal. Inglett may be more potent with the bat, but defensively it's no contest.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Wahoot » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:22 pm

Tribefan24 wrote:this is fucking embarrasing !

Grady needs to start stepping up and hitting instead of striking out all the time

this team flat out sucks ! and its annoying as piss to watch them play right now

Hafner is "worthless piece of shit"? You hope someone "murders" Eric Wedge. Um . . . far be it from me, with all of 100 posts, to tell you how to conduct yourself on this board. But if you wouldn't mind including MORE analysis and LESS knee-jerk emotion in your posts, I'd appreciate it.
Wahoot

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Wahoot wrote:
Tribefan24 wrote:this is fucking embarrasing !

Hafner is "worthless piece of shit"? You hope someone "murders" Eric Wedge. Um . . . far be it from me, with all of 100 posts, to tell you how to conduct yourself on this board. But if you wouldn't mind including MORE analysis and LESS knee-jerk emotion in your posts, I'd appreciate it.

my bad

heat of the moment... im still pissed at both hafner and wedge

i honestly think we need to move hafner..... he is garbage right now and has been all yr... cant get a clutch hit if his life depended on it

and wedge cant manage
Tribefan24

Unread postby Dozen » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Pup wrote:
I'm curious to hear what Wedge has to say after this.

Gotta stay the course.

Hell of an effort by Jake Westbrook.

Couple of tough days lately, we just have to right this ship and get ready for Oakland.

It will all be fine.

Thank you for not firing me yet, Uncle Mark.

LOL PUP! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB