Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

What do they say about after so many games into a season?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

What do they say about after so many games into a season?

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:38 pm

That you can pretty much tell what a team is going to be or how a team is going to be?

I think we are passed that so many games point where we can say this 2007 version of the Tribe simply is not that good on offense. Way too inconsistent to be considered any better than average.

Since this offensive core has been together, with it's miscellaneous added bits n pieces, they have not had a complete season of consistent reliable offense. They have always had the potential and they have had their 2 month, 3 month and even 4 month stretches. Never complete though.

Looks like we better hope for some of the pitchers to turn things around quick and for the long haul.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:56 am

Well said. I think we are definitely fading, but we may just have a June slump and really turn it on ala '05. Only we'll have a good enough record if that was the case. I've seen this before. This is not a bad month to be slumping in. Let's just hope that's what it is and not a sign of things to come.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Babrook » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:10 am

I think we're going to be like this until the break, maybe fall 2-3 games behind the Tigers (not lose Wild Card status, though) and then come back roaring after the break to win the division.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:27 am

The Indians are definitely going through a tough stretch, and are on the downside of the roller coaster ride of the baseball season.

That said, I don't see how this offense is just average. Without looking, I believe they have to be in the Top 10 in baseball in average, OBP, runs, and home runs. Do they have some weak spots in the lineup? Yeah. Has the offense struggled lately? Yeah.

I still think after the AS break, Hafner will get on a roll. Once Hafner gets going, the offense will run much better. And, if the Indians can get any consistency out of the #3-#5 spots in the rotation, they'll be okay. They certainly have the arms to make that happen, it is just getting these guys to get their heads out of their ass that is the problem.

Whoever said it, I agree that the Indians will struggled up until the break. But, I see the starting pitching coming back in the second half, and we'll be in the thick of things until the end.
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB