Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

STO To Televise Captains Games

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

STO To Televise Captains Games

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:19 am

SPORTSTIME OHIO TO TELEVISE LAKE COUNTY CAPTAINS GAMES

Live coverage of Minor League Baseball games starting this Thursday

CLEVELAND, OH – SportsTime Ohio today announced that the network will televise five (5) Lake County Captains Baseball games starting June 21 at 7:00pm.

The Lake County Captains are a Class A Affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. Alumni include current Cleveland Indians Fausto Carmona and Rafael Perez. STO will air the first game between the Lake County Captains and Delmarva Shorebirds live at 7:00pm on Thursday June 21. The other four games will be tape delayed and are scheduled as follows:

06/21/2007

7:00 PM

Game #1 vs. Delmarva Shorebirds

06/23/2007

12:00 AM

Game #2 vs. Delmarva Shorebirds

06/25/2007

12:00 PM

Game #1 vs. Delmarva Shorebirds (replay)

06/24/2007

3:00 PM

Game #2 vs. Delmarva Shorebirds (replay)

07/08/2007

9:00 PM

Game #3 vs. Hagerstown Suns

07/12/2007

Game #4 vs. Lakewood BlueClaws

07/13/2007

Game #5 vs. Lakewood BlueClaws

07/15/2007

Game #4 vs. Lakewood BlueClaws (replay)

07/15/2007

3:00 PM

Game #5 vs. Lakewood BlueClaws (replay)

“This is a great opportunity for STO to provide Minor League baseball to our fans and showcase the Indians of the future,” said Pat Kilkenney, SportsTime Ohio Vice President of Program Acquisition/ Executive Producer.

The first Captains baseball game can be seen live Thursday June 21 at 7:00pm. For more programming information visit www.sportstimeohio.com
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:35 am

I like it, and it looks like they took both suggestions or airing Captains games during the Indians regular time slot on off days, and also doing taped delayed airings in the early afternoon or later at night.

I hope this works out well. Would love if this were to expand to Akron games, and possibly others.
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:53 am

Great move. STO is opening the door to Tribe fans, giving them a chance to see the talent in the system.

I think airing the Lake County games and, if all goes well, possibly airing Akron and Buffalo games can keep Indians fans informed on the players that we may see in Cleveland in the future. It can drive excitement for the future while putting more baseball on the air.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Hoover » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:08 am

I'm more interested in seeing Buffalo or Akron, hopefully that's in the offing.
Hoover

Unread postby paulcousineau » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:08 am

Hallelujah!

What this does is give fans the familiarity with MLB prospects that doesn't exist because they don't have the ready-made feeder system of NCAA sports.

I'll be setting the DVR to see the Consigliere's favorite 19-year old SS, Carlos Rivero.

Wouldn't it be great if they showed:
9AM - last night's Captains game
12PM - last night's Aeros game
3PM - last night's Bisons game

Someday, someday...
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:54 am

I have to believe that down the road, you may see Akron on there. Kinston and Buffalo present a logistics issue though, so longshots. You'll probably only see Buffalo on the tube if MiLb broadcasts the game and STO buys the tape to re-run, sort of like what they did with that Adam Miller start against Toledo back in I believe late April.

And yes, Carlos Rivero is someone to watch. Really reminds me of a young Peralta with the stick.
consigliere

Don't Forget Us Remote Guys!!!!!!!!

Unread postby ArtGold » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Any chance of internet broadcast of those games? Us folks far away would like to see this stuff too!
ArtGold

Re: Don't Forget Us Remote Guys!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:24 pm

ArtGold wrote:Any chance of internet broadcast of those games? Us folks far away would like to see this stuff too!

Some MiLB games are already on the internet. Most all of the games are available via free internet radio via streaming here:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... /audio.jsp

For $30 a year you can watch MiLB.tv.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... /video.jsp

That's more selective, but there are Indians' farm team games available there - just not all of them.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:25 pm

STO can't broadcast anything on-line that airs on he network. It's why you'll never see On Demand or podcasts of any of the shows like "All Bets Are Off", "The Tribe Report" ,etc. I can't remember the exact terminology they told me, but it has to do with it being competition to the affiliate agreements they have with local cable companies to air the network. It is prohibited except for like 2 minute long spots that can be aired online.
consigliere

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:46 pm

Consigliere wrote:STO can't broadcast anything on-line that airs on he network. It's why you'll never see On Demand or podcasts of any of the shows like "All Bets Are Off", "The Tribe Report" ,etc. I can't remember the exact terminology they told me, but it has to do with it being competition to the affiliate agreements they have with local cable companies to air the network. It is prohibited except for like 2 minute long spots that can be aired online.

How many Buffalo games are aired on the network?

Couldn't they have their own crew do games that are not available on the network?
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:50 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Consigliere wrote:STO can't broadcast anything on-line that airs on he network. It's why you'll never see On Demand or podcasts of any of the shows like "All Bets Are Off", "The Tribe Report" ,etc. I can't remember the exact terminology they told me, but it has to do with it being competition to the affiliate agreements they have with local cable companies to air the network. It is prohibited except for like 2 minute long spots that can be aired online.

How many Buffalo games are aired on the network?

Couldn't they have their own crew do games that are not available on the network?

For clarification, when I said "network" I was refering to STO. STO cannot broadcast any of their programming on-line for reasons stated above.
consigliere

Unread postby tribefan333 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:51 pm

I want more Akron and Buffalo...
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB