Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

ESPN

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

ESPN

Unread postby lovsgrady » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:40 pm

Does anyone notice the lack of respect or even really notice, that ESPN pays Cleveland, especially the Indians? Last night I watched to see what they showed from the June 13 game against the Marlins. They seem to only talk about our Tribe if they have to, and they say the least amount as possible. During their "wrap up" of our game they showed the batters hit, the benches clear, and the warnings, and then the ejections, oh and Dellucci's homerun. They didn't show any other hits we had, tieing the game, their errors, the great play from Dellucci, Rouse, and then Martinez, no. It was about 30 seconds Indians. Oh, and then they went on to say how we are now in first place a head of the tigers, and their tone made it sound as though it was our first time in first place. ESPN has no respect for Cleveland. Also they never include any of our amazing plays in their strip of plays, collage videos. No good plays are really seen, unless their a web gem. I might be rambling, but this just bugs me. Has anyone else noticed, or is it just me?
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby Eckersley » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:46 pm

I don't know as I gave up on ESPN & their Bankees/Bosox/Mets lovefest months ago.

No other teams exist in their little Bristol, Conn. world.

ESPN sucks.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:10 pm

It has nothing to do with respect. ESPN is trying to make their product as attractive as possible to the highest number of viewers. Nobody outside of northern Ohio has any interest in the Cleveland Indians. If the Royals had the best record in baseball, they would get similar treatment.

The TV ratings are very low for the NBA Finals for the same reason. The average sports fan isn't that interested in those two teams. Of course the fact that they play suffocating defense that results in scores like 75-72 doesn't help either.

ESPN is always going to concentrate their coverage on the major market teams. It's just economics. They're not dissing the Indians.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby lovsgrady » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Even when the Yankees sucked as bad as they did, they got more coverage. I understand what you are saying, and I am not really asking for that much coverage, but just more recognition would be nice, just equal it out more. I hate the fact that ESPN gives into the market like that, it's not fair, but that is how life is. It is just pathetic. Even though the NBA finals have been not so good, it is still getting more coverage. If the rest of the Cavs would just step up their game and not wait for LeBron to figure out the Spurs defense we would be doing a lot better. The Spurs just have more people who are able to step up than we have. They have three stars, while we have one. LeBron can't do it all, but I comend him for trying.
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby pup » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:27 pm

They need to get Gammons more air time, he loves the Indians!
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB