Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Adam Dunn

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Unread postby tribefan333 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:43 pm

Dunn wouldn't have been in the picture on that play. His defense is that of Hafner's at first, if not worse. The reason being LF is a much more athletic position than 1B, and Dunn is so clumsy it's just, well, funny.

Garko can hit, he know that. Imagine our offense with Vic at catcher, Hafner at DH, Dunn at 1b, and move Garko to 3b. (DUMB idea, I'm not suggesting that, but what an offense we'd have.)

I lust over Dunns easy 40 HR/year numbers, but with his fielding he better come cheap. Find the right deal and I'd be willing to do that now, since Pronk, Vic, Dunn is a true 345 powerhouse.

I'm going to be a thorn in everyones side and throw this in...Find ANY leadoff man, and move Grady to 2nd in the lineup.

Some guy
Sizemore
Pronk
Vic
Dunn

^^^Good Lord.
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Unread postby pup » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:37 pm

Hit #20 today.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:59 pm

Dude, but all he does is hit homers or strike out, and he can't D-up.....
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pup » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:33 pm

Dude, but all he does is hit homers or strike out, and he can't D-up.....

So he is what we have now, plus home runs?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby ArtGold » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:50 pm

I've watched a few St Louis Cards games this past week and would like to propose an alternative deal. Obviously, my first choice would be to acquire Isringhausen, but as a decent back up plan I would like to see if we could get Russ Springer and Chris Duncan.

Duncan is nominally an outfielder, but kind of a butcher in LF. But he is good enough to play next to Sizemore, and has power to hit 25-30 HRs over the course of a season, with a .270 + batting average. He also is pretty good at taking a walk. I'm thinking he is a LF this season and a Hafner replacement next season in trading Hafner this off season.

Springer is a very competent middle of the bullpen guy, and pretty old. But he has an ongoing good track record (including this season), unlike Hernandez.

Combined, they make a little over $2 million this season.

Might be able to get these folks without too much dealt in prospects, perhaps a combination of Choo/Francisco/Barton plus Stanford and Scott Lewis.
ArtGold

Unread postby psk678 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Pup wrote:
Adam Dunn is terrible in the field.

No worse than Nixon or Delucci.

Wow, you couldn't be any further from the truth.
Dunn is an absolute liability in the outfield and the baseball finds everyone, at some point. Dellucci has been a very solid defensive outfielder and Trot Nixon doesn't have the best arm, nor is he as quick as he used to be, but he knows where to position himself and various other situational moves.

But the bottom line is we need more production from our corner OF's.

Yes, Dunn is bad defensively, but his offensive production absolutley trumps Dellucci/Nixon/Michaels (his numbers are probably better than the 3 combined, which is embarrasing) and if it meant I'd have to deal with his defensive gaffs, then so be it.

With all this said, it would have to be the right price (no Carmona, Miller, etc.).....
psk678

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB