Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Game Thread 6/12: Going Fishing

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Game Thread 6/12: Going Fishing

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:10 pm

Might as well get this this started
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:13 pm

Charlie Nagy...I mean Casey Blake just extended his hitting streak to 21. I think he coud get 57 and Indians fans would still want him benched.

Here's to a hopeful great game from fausto!
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Wahoot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:17 pm

Interesting lineup. Sizemore gets the day off in favor of Gutierrez (who's batting lead off too).

Nice to see Dellucci in there against the lefty (sweet Jesus) . . .
Wahoot

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:25 pm

You have to think that Grady will get in at some point (either for D, pinch running or pinch hitting).
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:29 pm

No clue why DD is in the lineup. That is not a good move. This is the weakest hitting lineup I have seen the Tribe throw on the field. Now watch them score 12 runs!

God, is Miami just the worst baseball city or what? That team they have is young and exciting and they have maybe 10 K in that football stadium. Gee, it reminds me of us 20 years ago!

Maybe Wedge will take out hafner and put Trot at first base so we can have all of the stooges in there together. :lol:
TribeinLA

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:32 pm

I think Carmona is gonna feast on these chumps. Why do all of these Marlin players look just alike?
TribeinLA

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:34 pm

Actually I was a little surprised that Hafner was playing 1st tonight. I kinda thought that with the lefty on the mound Garko would get the start at 1st.

It will be funny watching Carmona in his 1st ever AB.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:36 pm

:lol:

Maybe Fausto should teach some of the position players on how to lay down a bunt.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby Wahoot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:44 pm

TribeinLA wrote:No clue why DD is in the lineup. That is not a good move. This is the weakest hitting lineup I have seen the Tribe throw on the field. Now watch them score 12 runs!

This is why it'd be really nice to Marte going and back at third . . . because then Blake can move back into the OF, especially against LHP.
Wahoot

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:52 pm

Yeah I am excited that Marte is getting hot in Buffalo. That will probably sit Nixon down on a lot of nights. DD is bad, but he's been producing more than Trot as of late. Remember at the end of April when Trot was hitting .360 or so?

You guys watching STO? I wish I was. I get the boring marlin announcers and believe me, they are bad. They will not stop reading emails and continue to bring up the 1997 series as if that has anything to do with tonight's chance meeting. "gee, I bet Charles Johnson might have thrown him out, Tommy." "You bet. I also think Devon White could run well." (followed by long silence while action is going on).
TribeinLA

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:55 pm

Very clear that the Marlins will not come close to challenging for the NL east soon. They can't field and Aaron Boone is playing first. NO excuses for those two fieldng errors. That reminds me of the '91 Indians.
TribeinLA

Unread postby Hoover » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:16 pm

They're making Olsen look like Sandy Friggin Koufax so far. He's got a 4.93 ERA coming in, but the Tribe bats go to sleep. I don't get it. :? :-? :???:
Hoover

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:38 pm

Fausto is as sharp as he's been all year, minus the Minnesota gaame at home. He is clearly baffling the FLA hitters and how many pitches have I seen fouled off of players' feet? Aaron Boone stands no chance.
TribeinLA

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:50 pm

I HATE sending Peralta there. His career SB% is putrid. I understand wanting to manufacture a run, but that's the wrong guy.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby comish » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:51 pm

Where the heck did our offense go? We are getting beat by bad teams :-( :sad: :(
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby KFletch » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:00 pm

comish, we aren't losing...0-0 is better than 1-0 Marlins...

Although I do agree our offense is on serious life support...
KFletch

Unread postby comish » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:05 pm

You were saying :-( :sad: :( :-( :sad: :( :-( :sad: :( :-( :sad: :(
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:08 pm

Wow am I steaming.... :evil:

This is gonna likely be a loss for Fausto. This is a shame, too, because we have now wasted 2 of our best pitching performances. Fausto has been brilliant and the 3 run double was flukey, too.

This lineup put together for tonight...it looks like a split squad game. Why, why...WHY do you start Dellucci and Michaels????? Why? Really...why? Why do we sit Sizemore tonight? Why not last night due to it being a makeup game? The lefty excuse is obviously not gonna fly here due to DD being in the lineup. Franklin G leading off? is that what he's known as? Why send Peralta on a steal? Why send hafner? If a bad throw gets there, he's out. Fortunately it was an awful freking toss. Sizemore on the bench when we're strugglin to hold on to first is dumb. Sit him on another day. Playing 2/3 stooges was dumb. I am really frustrated. I can only blame Wedge so much and I am usually not the type to bash a coach or manager, but I still don't get his logic.

Aside from all of this, our guys have the responsibility. Blake's 21 game hit streak is nice, but it's not winning games. Hafner, Garko (who did need a night off), and the 3 Stooges are not producing at the present time.

As I type this, here comes President Nixon. Maybe Mike Rouse will bat cleanup tomorrow and we can give hafner and Martinez the day off.
TribeinLA

Unread postby cozmeesah » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Yeah, I understand that even Grady needs a day off from time to time, but why, when our offense is struggling greatly, do you sit one of the few guys who has actually BEEN hitting?

This story is on indians.com.... it was all Wedgie, Grady wanted to play:

MIAMI -- Grady Sizemore found himself in an unfamiliar place on the lineup sheet before Tuesday's game against Florida.

Off it altogether.

Sizemore, who had started all 62 games for Cleveland this season and 100 straight dating back to last season, was given the day off by manager Eric Wedge. Franklin Gutierrez took Sizemore's place in center field and batted leadoff.

Wedge cited the lost off-day Monday and the presence of Florida's left-handed starter Scott Olsen as two reasons why he gave Sizemore a breather.

"It's the best time to do it," Wedge said. "It's not for today; it's for the next 100 days."

Not that that made the workman-like Sizemore any more excited about sitting out.

"I prefaced it with, 'This is not up for discussion,'" Wedge said. A few minutes later, Sizemore came back in the office and said, "No discussion?"

"No discussion," Wedge said.

Besides, Wedge said Sizemore will see his name in his familiar place on the lineup card again on Wednesday.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:59 pm

Fausto pitched great tonight. He was victimized by an infield single and a fluke double.

But it wouldn't have mattered anyways, because the offense just can't seem to score right now. We've lost 2 games in the last 3 days that we had no business losing.

Gotta turn it around quick. It's not panic time, but it's got to be turned around now.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby cozmeesah » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Yeah, I'm not going to start to panic until we get through this Interleague Play. They've had their worst offensive outputs in NL parks. Granted, the last two Detroit games and the KC series weren't great offensively, but not that bad. I'd like to see what we do in the next homestand and beyond once AL play restarts.
cozmeesah

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 pm

I missed the game tonight. And, thank God I did apparently.

Someone put an APB on our offense, it has gone missing.

I still think a bigreason for that is obviously Hafner struggling, but also the two-headed monster in the outfield of Dellucci/Nixon is killing us.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:22 pm

It's bad when I'm praying for Malibu Michaels to be in the lineup.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby cozmeesah » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:48 pm

Here is something interesting. All interleague games tonight:

AL team wins:

Diamondbacks 1
Yankees 4

Rockies 1
Red Sox 2

Brewers 0
Tigers 4

Padres 4
Devil Rays 11

Atlanta 3
Minnesota 7

Cardinals 1
Royals 8

NL team wins:

White Sox 3
Phillies 7

Indians 0
Marlins 3

Rangers 5
Pirates 7

Nationals 7
Orioles 4

Angels 3
Reds 5

A's 4
Astros 5

Still in progress as of 11:45pm EST:

Mariners 3
Cubs 3 (13th inning)

Blue Jays 2
Giants 3 (5th inning)

If you'll notice, not one American League team that was victorious (so far) won on the road in the NL park. That says a lot to me.
cozmeesah

Unread postby Wahoot » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:52 am

I don't know what the stats are all-time, but it seems like today's AL teams are built around their DHs. It makes sense that they struggle when that player has to (a) play the field, and (b) exclude someone else in the lineup.
Wahoot

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:18 am

It's always seemed very unfair to me, interleague play. Unfair to the AL teams. Sure, they get to play their game when at home but then the NL teams get to gain a hitter so no disadvantage for them there.

Away the AL teams are screwed up because their pitcher has to hit when normally their teams are built around the DH. Away NL teams get to play their game because their teams are built around the pitcher batting.

I mean, the Reds beat both us and the Angels at home. When the Indians and Angels are considered some of the top teams in the AL and the Reds the bottom of the NL. That's not natural, lol.
cozmeesah

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB