Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe has hit a wall

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Tribe has hit a wall

Unread postby Get_Wedge_Out_NOW! » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:25 pm

team has come to a complete stop, they were so hot

had to come eventually.

my view is that sowers needs to go and go ASAP
Fausto has all but guaranteed he is going no where.

Lets hope once we get back to the division play we can keep pouring it on. I hop we dont give up the Division and wildcard lead at the same time cuz we cant hit the dam ball now.

Sowers, pack your bags for buffalo.

BALKE has come out of nowhere, 18 games in a row with a hit WOW what a turnaround
Get_Wedge_Out_NOW!
Angry and Irrational

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Sowers just is so inconsistent; he gives up a 430' blast to dead center to Hamilton, then strikes out the next guy making him look bad. Watching closely on my 27" it appears his ball doesn't have much movement. He did get his first major league hit tonght so maybe the National League is a better fit. And it's always nice to watch Branden P. smack us around. We need to get back after the Tigers, Sox, & Twins.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby furls » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:46 pm

Sowers biggest problem is that he is a contact pitcher (which is fine) with no command (not fine).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby tribetalk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Can I ask how we have hit a complete stop? We are still 14 games over .500 and still have a chance of winning this series against the Reds with one of the best pitchers in baseball going for us.

I am not worried; I think we will see Adam Miller before we see Westbrook actually. WHY? JAKE has pitched like shit in Buffalo and Akron in his last 2 rehab starts.. It will still be at least a week or two before we see him at all.
tribetalk

Favorite Player: Carlos Santana
Least Favorite Player: Lou Marson

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Miller is still about 2-3 weeks from coming off the DL and making a start in BUFFALO.

You'll see Westbrook up here in about two weeks. I ain't worried about the numbers in Buffalo/Akron for him. He is getting his work in, that is all that matters. Quality doesn't mean much to me until he gets his pitch count up and shakes off some of the rust.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:33 pm

What is the consensus of Cliff? Is he going to pitch the way he did out in ANH a month and a half ago?
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB