Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

We need Starting Pitching

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

We need Starting Pitching

Unread postby captain_wahoo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:58 am

Lee and Sowers are awful and at this point they are both automatic loses. Westbrook looked bad to begin the year and has been just as bad in rehab. We can't depend on CC, Byrd, and Carmona to win every game they start. Sowers needs to go to Buffalo as a a month ago, and bring up Stanford or Sloccum. they give us as good a chance as Sowers does. Lee needs traded for some bullpen help. Then make some kind of trade to replace Clifford in the rotation. If we aren't proactive, it's going to bite us in the ass. You can't afford to sit and wait in this division.
captain_wahoo

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:08 am

You know, if Miller would not have gotten injured, I am willing to bet that BOTH Lee and Sowers would be sent down and Miller and Jake be up.

Heck, if Lee and Sowers continue to struggle, maybe we in fact do send them down. I'd give someone like Raffy Perez or even Jason Stanford a shot. Can't be any worse than Sowers or Lee's 6.00 ERA, no?
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby captain_wahoo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:15 am

I really think we will trade Lee for bullpen help. Not sure where that will come from. Maybe Texas (Otsuka and SP prospect) Maybe Tampa Bay (Al Reyes and others) Sowers needs to go to Buffalo. They said Westy needs two more rehab starts, so either give Perez, Sloccum, or Stanford the next couple of starts. The question is if we trade Lee, who do we acquire to take his spot in the rotation. What starters are out there that could be had??
captain_wahoo

Unread postby pup » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:21 am

While you are at it, maybe you can get someone to take Larry Hughes.

SP with ERA's over 6 are not exactly hot commodities, I don't care what they have done in the past. The best way to make Lee available is to let him work through and settle down up here to create a market.

And I fully expect CC, Fausto and Byrd to go 64-10.

That means we only need 15 wins out of those 2 spots and a 10 bullpen wins...to finsh 2nd.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB