Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Observations from the Aeros game 6-5-07

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Observations from the Aeros game 6-5-07

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 pm

I went to the Aeros game tonight and was able to get seats in section 102 (just to the left of the plate as you stand behind the plate). Although it was a little chilly, overall it was an enjoyable time.

Reid Santos got the start and went 5 IP, allowing 1 ER (a titantic blast to LF) on 4 hits. That was the extent of the NH Fisher Cats (AA-Toronto) offense. Santos walked no one and recorded 2 strikeouts.

The Aeros (minus Crowe, DNP) posted 8 runs on 17 hits, including a bunt single ( :eek: :o :-o attempted sacrifice that was legged out by Reyes in the 4th). The kids really hustled as 2 taylor made DPs were outrun ( :-) :smile: :) by Barton in the 4th and Reyes in the 7th).

Offensively, Barton went yard in the first to give Santos a 2 run lead to work with and all batters reached base at some point via hit. Aeros posted 2 in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd and 2 more in the 4th.

Brian Barton (rf)2-5, 2 rbis, 1 run, 1 HR, 1k
Jordan Brown (1b) 4-5, 2 rbis,1 run
Asdrubal Cabrera (ss)2-4, 3 rbis, 1 run, 2 doubles
Pat Osborn (3b) 2-3, 1 rbi, 2 runs
Argenis Reyes (2b) 2-5, 1 run

Witnessed a great defensive play in the 2nd inning as Reyes ranged far to his right to grap the ball, flipped it to Asdrubal and he fired to 1st and get the batter. The crowd loved the flashing of leather and arm to record the out.

Hope everyone enjoyed the recall. I have some other thoughts rattling around in the skull but I want to think them over some more. I hope to post those ideas on this thread sometime Thursday.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:57 pm

Thanks for the update and thoughts on the game. Yeah, Crowe is a little banged up so out a few days....may do him some good.

Brian Barton is having a "quiet-good" season so far.....
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby ArtGold » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:18 am

Thanks for the in person update. Any personal observations concerning Jordan Brown?
ArtGold

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:34 am

Here are the other thoughts that were rattling around my skull on Thursday:

The presence of Jordan Brown will push a decision on Mike Aubrey this year. Either Mike stays helathy the rest of this season and produces or a spot on the 40 man will be opened for someone else.

Argenis Reyes makes a very good partner for Asdrubal Cabrera. If he is capable of playing more positions then 2b, I have a feeling that the days of Joe Inglett are numbered.

Brian Barton will make a number of people involved in the mlb draft for clubs other than Cleveland look foolish.

Asdrubal Cabrera has a gun for a right arm and the bat looks fine. Seattle was nuts to give up on this kid.

Wyatt Toregas should have a major league future.

Of the pitchers I saw (Santos, Stevens, Pesco and Gomez) for Akron, I was not impressed.

Remember: this is from my observations for 1 game and not anyone in the Indians hierarchy.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:00 pm

I think it is a foregone conclusion Aubrey will be removed from the 40-man roster this offseason. With so many high profile guys up for roster protection, I just can't see them keeping him on the roster. If they time it right, which may be in November when other teams are filling up their 40-man....they could get him off it, have him clear waivers, and assign him to the minors. I'm not sure of many teams who will want to waste a roster spot on an injury plagued prospect who has yet to play in Triple-A.

Now, a strong finish by Aubrey could change that outlook on him going to another team.....but I would not be surprised to see him cleared off the roster and still be an Indian next year.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB