Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Playoff Lock?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Playoff Lock?

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu May 31, 2007 2:06 pm

According to Jayson Stark:

Meanwhile, the Tigers, Indians and Angels rank second, third and fourth in the AL in run differential. They've all played at least .560 baseball two straight months. And coolstandings.com projects that Cleveland has an 81.1 percent chance to make the playoffs, with the Angels at 74.2 and the Tigers at 51.6.

But our exit polls tell us that the A's (31.4 percent chance) and Twins (23.0) have too much upside and too much history of furious second-half runs to declare those other races over -- yet. And the White Sox (1.9) have to start hitting sometime. Don't they?

Something ( (u) ) tells me I shouldn't budget for playoff tix just yet.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Jobu just stopping by to say hello

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Thu May 31, 2007 3:24 pm

I recall a similar thread topic (with similar percentages in favor of Cleveland) in late Aug/Early Sept 2005 over in C-town sports.

Wait, I forget, just how did the Tribe end up doing in the playoffs that year?
People call it 'vision.' I call it running away.
-Josh Cribbs
rawdawgexpress

Unread postby Crash Davis » Thu May 31, 2007 3:36 pm

I remember far too well the Indians teams of the 80's that would do well til mid or late June and then fizzle out in August and September and end up battling Toronto for last in the AL east instead of getting their postseason roster ironed out. It's May and I still have high hopes for this season but I also remember learning from the past not to budget for playoff tickets until at least August 1st. Even though he has done a fantastic job with the minor league system we haven't seen the playoffs yet under Shapiro so I am gonna hold off for now.

GO TRIBE!!!
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby He Gone » Thu May 31, 2007 6:41 pm

please, why do people do this to us?

tis a curse, wrapped in a red bow.
He Gone
O-H-I-O

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB