Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Mat Freaking Carson. I hope that man gets a check if we make the playoffs
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
User avatar
Dnthateonthepronk
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: Virginia Beach
Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby scrambler » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:54 pm

It's a W, that's all. Trevor Crowe 0 for 5 with 4 strikeouts. It would be depressing to lose to a team batting Trevor Crowe 3rd.
scrambler
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:58 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:22 pm

jlwpsu82 wrote:Oh yeah, it also shows your irrational disdain for a 24 old who's gone thru a horrendous August and yet his OPS is on a par with a number of the vets.

As the baseball guru on this site, you should be better than this.


My "irrational" disdain? For a guy who is a below average defender, doesn't walk, and can't hit lefties? What's there to like about Chisenhall? He's a platoon player at best. Pinch hitting for Aviles would be his platoon role, though, that leaves Francona without any infielders on the bench, unless you count Raburn, who seemed to be unavailable.

Very rational. Chisenhall shows ZERO signs of being an everyday 3B at the Major League level. Not one. When you find one, let me know.

Like I said, looking back, Francona had no other IF options if somebody were to get hurt, hence why Aviles hit. Of course he later used Chisenhall anyway, so that may not have been a concern.

Overriding point being, my dislike of Chisenhall is far, far, far from irrational.

Odd time for your first post since 2009, though.

For somebody whose posts are littered with shots at Casey Blake, defending Lonnie Chisenhall is a high level of irony.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:23 am

September 19th 2012 - 13,519 in attendance to see a shitty Indians team Vs a shitty Twins team.

September 19th 2013 - 12,607

Just sayin'!
User avatar
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Cardiff, UK
Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 am

dazindiansfanuk wrote:September 19th 2012 - 13,519 in attendance to see a shitty Indians team Vs a shitty Twins team.

September 19th 2013 - 12,607

Just sayin'!


Maybe I'm getting old but I wouldn't wanna battle the parking and construction and the drinking/driving laws when I can watch the game on my lovely 60' HD next to my pool table bar on my leather couch and get faded whist doing so. (smoke)

And I am a HUGE Tribe fan.

There is a new reality. And it is gonna radically change sport in the next decade.

/And yes that was a run-on sentence. Idiomatic bi-atches.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:29 am

Setting the over/under for tonight's attendance at 22,929.

Anybody want action?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:42 am

skatingtripods wrote:
jlwpsu82 wrote:Oh yeah, it also shows your irrational disdain for a 24 old who's gone thru a horrendous August and yet his OPS is on a par with a number of the vets.

As the baseball guru on this site, you should be better than this.


My "irrational" disdain? For a guy who is a below average defender, doesn't walk, and can't hit lefties? What's there to like about Chisenhall? He's a platoon player at best. Pinch hitting for Aviles would be his platoon role, though, that leaves Francona without any infielders on the bench, unless you count Raburn, who seemed to be unavailable.

Very rational. Chisenhall shows ZERO signs of being an everyday 3B at the Major League level. Not one. When you find one, let me know.

Like I said, looking back, Francona had no other IF options if somebody were to get hurt, hence why Aviles hit. Of course he later used Chisenhall anyway, so that may not have been a concern.

Overriding point being, my dislike of Chisenhall is far, far, far from irrational.

Odd time for your first post since 2009, though.

For somebody whose posts are littered with shots at Casey Blake, defending Lonnie Chisenhall is a high level of irony.


lol, WTF was that?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby scrambler » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:59 am

skatingtripods wrote:Setting the over/under for tonight's attendance at 22,929.

Anybody want action?


I'll go with way under. High school football I guess! If tickets are a dime apiece perhaps you'll go above 20k. Perhaps Saturday and Sunday you'll surpass the 20k mark.

What would be the over/under for a one game home wildcard game should it happen? I will say 26,500 for a potential play in playoff game at home.
scrambler
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:58 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:19 am

Over for sure
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:24 am

scrambler wrote: What would be the over/under for a one game home wildcard game should it happen? I will say 26,500 for a potential play in playoff game at home.


Just bought my tickets to the potential wild card game and both potential ALDS games. $51 to get in the gate. We'll see how fast they go.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby davemanddd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:09 am

dazindiansfanuk wrote:CB Buckner continues to be awful!


guys like c.b. buckner are all the more reason why baseball needs expanded use of instant replay to reverse horseshit calls like that. he took a certain double away from bourn who then struck out on the very next pitch. of course swisher stroked a single which would have scored bourn. smh. oh well, at least they still won.
dave . . .
davemanddd
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: mansfield, ohio
Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:12 am

motherscratcher wrote:Over for sure


Under for tonight. Bet you a beer?

But over for a WC play in game.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:20 am

gotribe31 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Over for sure


Under for tonight. Bet you a beer?

But over for a WC play in game.


You're on
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:41 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Over for sure


Under for tonight. Bet you a beer?

But over for a WC play in game.


You're on


Looks like I'm going to owe you a beer.

How's Genny Cream Ale sound?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:40 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Over for sure


Under for tonight. Bet you a beer?

But over for a WC play in game.


You're on


Looks like I'm going to owe you a beer.

How's Genny Cream Ale sound?


17,310 tonight.
User avatar
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Cardiff, UK
Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Damn, my line wasn't even close.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby scrambler » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:44 pm

scrambler wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:Setting the over/under for tonight's attendance at 22,929.

Anybody want action?


I'll go with way under. High school football I guess! If tickets are a dime apiece perhaps you'll go above 20k. Perhaps Saturday and Sunday you'll surpass the 20k mark.

What would be the over/under for a one game home wildcard game should it happen? I will say 26,500 for a potential play in playoff game at home.


I win....way under!! It's pretty sad in all honesty. I'll stick with they'll sneak over 20k saturday and sunday. Last weekend of the season....Brownies on the road this weekend....in the playoffs right now. If they can't, it's pathetic.
scrambler
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:58 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Re: 09/19/2013 - Indians Vs Astros - Now we "should" win

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:00 am

Rain in tomorrow's forecast. Low 60s probably by first pitch. I'm not expecting much in the form of a crowd. I will say that the "17k" in attendance were into the game tonight. Good quality, not much quantity.

I was next to a hilarious group of guys on the Porch who were friends of Astros LF Marc Krause. They went to Ohio U with him and some of them played baseball with him. They had his attention all night long. It was a good time. Very entertaining group, and they were all rooting for the Indians. They said that Krause himself, from western Ohio between Toledo and Findlay, has been keeping a close eye on the Tribe's playoff chase. Also has the Indians mobile app on his phone. They kept yelling at him about letting a ball through the wickets or purposely swinging late.

Said he was actually recruited to play football and then decided to play baseball instead. Said a trip to the show couldn't have happened to a better guy and that his parents are really awesome people.

In light of that, I'll keep tabs on him and hope he does well, just not when he's playing the Indians.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest