Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

And the master plays on...

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

And the master plays on...

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:29 am

Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: And the master plays on...

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:01 am

Someone ask Vin, "In your 98 years of broadcasting, just how many GD times did you see a teams LEFT HANDED number three hitter bunt with a couple guys on."

Bourns play wasn't the stupidest of that inning.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:12 am

leadpipe wrote:Someone ask Vin, "In your 98 years of broadcasting, just how many GD times did you see a teams LEFT HANDED number three hitter bunt with a couple guys on."

Nearly had an aneurysm on the Porch during that inning. That inning was everything I hate and then some.

Francona called for it, too. Kip wasn't doing that on his own:

Deduno walked Bourn and Nick Swisher to open the inning, and manager Terry Francona had All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis try to bunt.
But after failing twice to get the ball down and advance the runners, Kipnis struck out looking, dropping him into an 0-for-18 hole.
''I had him bunt because he's had a tough time with Deduno,'' said Francona, noting Kipnis was 1 of 11 with six strikeouts against the right-hander before the at-bat. ''That one would be on me.''

Good thing Francona's still +11 wins for the season, though. Or something like that.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby 1Perry » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:25 pm

My question is why is it that Kipnis can't play an entire season? Heck of a first half guy. I don't suppose Vin has that answer though.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:26 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Someone ask Vin, "In your 98 years of broadcasting, just how many GD times did you see a teams LEFT HANDED number three hitter bunt with a couple guys on."

Nearly had an aneurysm on the Porch during that inning. That inning was everything I hate and then some.

Francona called for it, too. Kip wasn't doing that on his own:

Deduno walked Bourn and Nick Swisher to open the inning, and manager Terry Francona had All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis try to bunt.
But after failing twice to get the ball down and advance the runners, Kipnis struck out looking, dropping him into an 0-for-18 hole.
''I had him bunt because he's had a tough time with Deduno,'' said Francona, noting Kipnis was 1 of 11 with six strikeouts against the right-hander before the at-bat. ''That one would be on me.''

Good thing Francona's still +11 wins for the season, though. Or something like that.

You're welcome.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB