Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

These guys need to step up

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

These guys need to step up

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Bourn, hitting .192 in August.
Swisher, hitting .167 in August.
Cabrera, hitting .140 in August.
Chisenhall, hitting .107 in August.

I know we've faced some tough pitchers, but this is ridiculous. These guys are melting right before our eyes.

Great comeback win against the Twins today. Basically it was business as usual. Carrasco sucked. Bourn, Swisher, Cabrera, and Chiz sucked. Kipnis and Brantley carried the offense, along with huge HR's by Giambi and Santana. The same guys keep sucking and the same guys keep producing.

Stubbs has zero chance against right-handed pitching. He might as well just stand there and hope for a walk. Or bunt.

Joe Mauer had a monster game with five hits, including a HR in the 10th to give Perez a blown save. He's probably the best two-strike hitter I've ever seen except for possibly Miguel Cabrera. Everybody knows Mauer won't swing at the first pitch and usually not the second either. He's like Hafner in that way - he wants to look at how the pitches are breaking before taking a hack. So he's routinely behind in the count, but he doesn't care. He's totally comfortable hitting with two strikes.

For the season he's hitting .228 with RISP and .352 with the bases empty. He's the opposite of Michael Brantley.

I think if the Tribe lost this game their season would have been essentially over. But they hung on and won, so on we go to Oakland. They need to play .500 ball on the road and way over .500 at home from here on out.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB