Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Indians vs Tigers 7-6-13

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Indians vs Tigers 7-6-13

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Indians are behind 7-1 and just saw another strange double play. NO INFIELD FLY RULE!!??
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: Indians vs Tigers 7-6-13

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Wasn't a fly ball, it was a line drive. IMO it was a schmuck move by Princess at first. Bet he did it just to get the DP. You just KNOW has Swish made the same play they would have charged DET with only one out.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Tribe has been outscored 16-4 in the first two games. They're getting the crap beat out of them and the outcomes have been decided early. Just like in most of the earlier games against the Tigers.

They really need a starting pitcher to step up and stop the bleeding. Kluber has done a good job of that this year if I'm not mistaken. A win tomorrow would be big, but I don't know if they have it in them. Watching them play the Tigers is like watching a major league team against a AA team.

Reynolds is 0 for his last 20. With Reynolds providing nothing but automatic outs, it's tough for the Indians to score runs.

On the other hand, Chisenhall got two hits and a walk today, including a double over the left fielder's head and a line drive to the second basemen - both off left-handed pitching. He worked deep into the count in both at-bats and worked a walk in another at-bat. That's a good sign that he may finally be getting it.

Carrasco is just bad, bad, bad. He got lit up again. At least he didn't bean anybody after Miggy and Prince hit back-to-back jacks off him. That's a good thing, I guess.

Underwood said that after this series is over the Indians only have 19 games the entire rest of the season against teams with winning records as of now. One thing the Tribe has done well his year is beating losers, so if they can keep that up they still have a shot at a wild card spot. But unless Reynolds gets going it ain't going to happen. It wouldn't hurt for Santana and Asdrubal to pick it up a bit, either. Santana had a great second half last season and we need another just like it.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:35 am

They picked a great time to shit the bed. Still not there yet, but there's a lot of grinders on this team.

Any chance the team meeting after yesterday's game does any good?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 am

Next 2 games could be the difference between being 1.5 games out of first or 5.5 games out first.

Could be a turning point in the season.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby scrambler » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:26 pm

tigers simply a vastly superior baseball team is pretty much it. Masterson is the 4th or 5th starter in their rotation and no one else in Cleveland's rotation is good enough to pitch in theirs....end of story. Cabrera and Fielder, end of story. And they have enough solid professionals (Peralta, martinez, Hunter, jackson) to supplement those two. They are far from perfect with bullpen issues galore but with those two guys in the middle of their order and their incredibly good starting rotation, I don't think we'll be within 10 games of them end of season. Indians about a .500 team most likely when all is said and done and Detroit around a 90 win team. It'll be about 10 games by early October.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:08 pm

The Indians are 10-26 against Tigers and the AL East.

Suffice it to say that's not an accident or an anomaly.

And you probably do have to play some decent and/or winning teams in the playoffs if ya get there.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB