Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Cabrera to STL?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Cabrera to STL?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm

You seem to want to have every take and every opinion all at the same time. Your opinion seems to be that the Indians won't trade Asdrubal because it will be a PR disaster and the fans won't come if they are winning until they establish that they have a track record for winning and they will lose their good will with the fans if they trade Asdrubal which they should do if they can get a really good deal, but StL wont give them a good deal because they aren't Seattle, even though they won't trade Asdrubal if they are in a pennant race because it would hurt their chances of winning which doesn't matter because the fans won't react to the team winning until they have a track record for winning which they can't get if they trade Asdubal unless they are in the pennant race except the fans wont go anyway because it might just be a fluky start so we shouldn't trade Asdrubal and ruin all of that good will unless the trade would be a good trade which it couldn't be because it is a trade with St Louis and St Louis isn't Seattle so we can't trade Asdrubal unless we are out of the pennant race which we will have no way of knowing.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby 1Perry » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:42 pm

If Asdrubal leaves and the team still wins the attendance won't change. I don't think Francona signed on to trade proven talent for future prospects though.

I can't see a Lee trade happening with Asdrubal at this point. If he is traded it won't be a questionable return which will mitigate any fan concerns.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby statmasta » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:59 pm

motherscratcher wrote:You seem to want to have every take and every opinion all at the same time. Your opinion seems to be that the Indians won't trade Asdrubal because it will be a PR disaster and the fans won't come if they are winning until they establish that they have a track record for winning and they will lose their good will with the fans if they trade Asdrubal which they should do if they can get a really good deal, but StL wont give them a good deal because they aren't Seattle, even though they won't trade Asdrubal if they are in a pennant race because it would hurt their chances of winning which doesn't matter because the fans won't react to the team winning until they have a track record for winning which they can't get if they trade Asdubal unless they are in the pennant race except the fans wont go anyway because it might just be a fluky start so we shouldn't trade Asdrubal and ruin all of that good will unless the trade would be a good trade which it couldn't be because it is a trade with St Louis and St Louis isn't Seattle so we can't trade Asdrubal unless we are out of the pennant race which we will have no way of knowing.

fine, trade Cabrera

whatever
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Man, I'm gettin' misty eyed thinkin' of all the poeple over the last couple years that came thru the gate to see Asdrubal Cabrera.

Still pissed they traded Wayne Kirby off off those mid 90's squads. Attendance has been in the shitter ever since.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby statmasta » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:07 pm

leadpipe wrote:Man, I'm gettin' misty eyed thinkin' of all the poeple over the last couple years that came thru the gate to see Asdrubal Cabrera.

Still pissed they traded Wayne Kirby off off those mid 90's squads. Attendance has been in the shitter ever since.

like I said, trade him

Who cares about winning now. Let's go get a pitching prospect who will arrive when Swisher and Bourn are gone.

If you can get a great young arm that can help you right now (like Trevor Bauer), you do it. But you're not going to get that for Asdrubal. And trading him for some young project will seriously hurt the Indians chances of being competitive now.
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Toxicadam » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 pm

I think we get the same trade package now that we will get in June when the Cardinals are still contending for a division title and we suck. Probably have more leverage then.
Toxicadam

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB