Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

John Rocker his usual offensive self

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

John Rocker his usual offensive self

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: John Rocker his usual offensive self

Unread postby 1Perry » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Just saying.......Historians have stated that the reason Germany did not invade Switzerland was because every household was armed.

http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the-sw ... hat-works/

Do I think Rocker is a viable historian? No, I doubt it. Since this isn't a proper forum that's all I will say about that.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 am

1Perry wrote:Just saying.......Historians have stated that the reason Germany did not invade Switzerland was because every household was armed.

http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the-sw ... hat-works/

Do I think Rocker is a viable historian? No, I doubt it. Since this isn't a proper forum that's all I will say about that.

It's not quite that simple. Germany had a variety of reasons to invade the countries they did in WWII, mostly as revenge for what happened after WWI. Switzerland remained neutral in that war as well. The Germans weren't subtle in their tactics, so I doubt they had concerns about armed Swiss milling about, not after they bombed and shelled the life out of the towns prior to the Panzers rolling in.

The Swiss could not have stopped the German war machine in WWII had they opted to invade (artillery, airpower and tanks beat rifles), and they actually had plans in place to cede a large portion of the country to the Germans and move into the mountains and fight a guerrilla style war. It would have been a very costly war for Germany to wage, no doubt, which is probably why they were never a priority. They had bigger fish to fry, namely Russia's resource rich territories.

Had the Axis beaten the Allies in WWII, Switzerland would have eventually fallen or 'joined' the Axis. It was surrounded.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Switzerland is an invader's nightmare with all those mountain passes.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB