Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Antonetti and Mirabelli extended

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Antonetti and Mirabelli extended

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 16, 2007 12:15 am

Most can care less about this news.....but I love it. Keeping the decision-makers intact....keeping Shapiro, Antonetti, and Mirabelli in tow for the next several years is huge if you ask me. The only guy they lost of importance was Farrell last year....but still good to keep 3 of the 4.

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/p ... p&c_id=cle

05/15/2007 3:23 PM ET
Indians extend the contracts of assistant GM's Chris Antonetti and John Mirabelli
Antonetti also promoted to vice president of baseball operations

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Indians and Executive Vice President and General Manager MARK SHAPIRO announced today contract extensions for Assistant General Manager CHRIS ANTONETTI & Assistant General Manager, Scouting Operations JOHN MIRABELLI.

Antonetti, who has been promoted to Vice President of Baseball Operations, is in his sixth season as Assistant General Manager and his ninth season overall with the organization after being promoted to his current post in 2002. Chris joined the Indians organization prior to the 1999 season as an assistant in the Baseball Operations department. His contract now runs thru 2011.

Mirabelli is in his sixth season as Assistant General Manager, Scouting Operations and eighth season overall at the helm of the club's scouting department. Mirabelli, whose contract runs thru 2010, was hired by Mark Shapiro in October of 1999 and was promoted to Assistant General Manager prior to the 2002 season.

"Consistency and stability are an important part of any successful organization," said Shapiro. "These extensions not only signify that stability, but it also maintains the invaluable, strong and passionate leadership Chris and John have provided the Indians organization."
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby dmcdougal » Wed May 16, 2007 12:25 am

Good story. That's the news that flies under the radar and doesn't get the attention that it deserves. Shap and the guys have completely rebuilt our system and I'm glad to see that there will continue to be emphasis placed on the farm system. Hopefully Shap can really do a good job and bring in a top player this offseason. I was disappointed when we failed to bring in Hoffman.
dmcdougal

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB