Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

RISP

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

RISP

Unread postby DarNoor » Mon May 14, 2007 12:44 am

This gane was lost in the early innings. Again, they had the bases loaded with no outs and they only manage to get one run. And they were lucky to get that. This team is terrible with RISP. And i have no idea why. How many times does this team have runners in scoring position with no or one out and they fail to score? It seems to happen all the time. Does it come down to talent? Do we think they are better than they actually are? Maybe they are just an average team. I don't know. I wish someone had the answers.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby consigliere » Mon May 14, 2007 9:48 am

Yes, Indians have struggled with RISP.

They are ranked 18th in baseball as a team hitting with RISP and hitting .254 as a team. The major league average is .258.....and for reference sake, Detroit leads all of baseball hitting .301 with RISP.

The Indians are 27th in baseball hitting with RISP and two out (.204), the league average is .244, and Atlanta leads at .306.

The Indians are 24th in baseball hitting with the bases loaded (.205), the league average is .264, and Toronto leads the way at .414.

The Indians are 16th in baseball hitting close and late (.247), the league average is .253), and St Louis leads at .321.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB