Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

4-6 on the roadie. Not at all what I expected....

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

4-6 on the roadie. Not at all what I expected....

Unread postby Charboneau » Sun May 13, 2007 7:36 pm

5-5 would have been acceptable. This loss today just sucked. I stand by what I said earlier today - stiffs in the bullpen. We are going to need to rider these starters as far as we can to be a factor in the division.
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Dustin Pedroia

Re: 4-6 on the roadie. Not at all what I expected....

Unread postby drum » Sun May 13, 2007 11:04 pm

Charboneau wrote:5-5 would have been acceptable. This loss today just sucked. I stand by what I said earlier today - stiffs in the bullpen. We are going to need to rider these starters as far as we can to be a factor in the division.

false.
We are not a 500 team. even on a west coast road trip. i'm still unsure whether i'd rather have Joe blow a 1 run save or a 10 run lead with 2 out and an 0-2 count on the number 9 hitter.
drum

Favorite Player: Joe Posnanski
Least Favorite Player: Miami fans

Unread postby consigliere » Sun May 13, 2007 11:29 pm

I turned on the game on the radio today in the 9th, and found ut we were up 7-5 and was all giddy we'd salvage a 5-5 road trip.....was home 15 minutes later just in time to see Borowski pitch to Chavez.....then watched the rest of that debacle. Unreal. Two times this year Borowski has implode with 2-out and none on.

4-6 is not acceptable. I wanted 6-4, but would have been fine with 5-5. Today's implosion by Borowski probably leaves me even more pissed off than I was after the Yankees game. Gotta have that one.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Re: 4-6 on the roadie. Not at all what I expected....

Unread postby Charboneau » Mon May 14, 2007 7:35 am

drum wrote:
Charboneau wrote:5-5 would have been acceptable. This loss today just sucked. I stand by what I said earlier today - stiffs in the bullpen. We are going to need to rider these starters as far as we can to be a factor in the division.

false.
We are not a 500 team. even on a west coast road trip. i'm still unsure whether i'd rather have Joe blow a 1 run save or a 10 run lead with 2 out and an 0-2 count on the number 9 hitter.

No it's true.
Even though we're not a .500 team overall the goal is to play .500 ball or slightly better on the road - or at least that's the way most MLB teams have approached it for the last 100 years or so. The goal is to split on the road and win at home. Given the wrap around series in Baltimore, west coast travel, no days off, playing good teams - 5-5 would have been very good for this roadie in my opinion. Of the 6 losses I feel we blew 2 of them. Good news is we're still 7 games over .500 and back home.
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Dustin Pedroia

Unread postby unvme2 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:23 pm

Nice work Borowski
unvme2

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB