Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Good Game, Fausto!

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Good Game, Fausto!

Unread postby Wahoot » Sat May 12, 2007 9:04 pm

Here's his linescore: 7.0IP 6H 3R 3ER 4BB 5K 1HR

Fausto is now 4-1 with a nifty 3.12 ERA on the year.
Wahoot

Unread postby consigliere » Sat May 12, 2007 10:48 pm

Missed the game today, but saw the boxscore and what a nice way to settle in after giving up 3 in the 1st. Man, I'm completely sold on him in the rotation. We absolutely needed him to stop the bleeding today and he did it....contrary to CC who imploded in the 7th inning last night. Let's go get one more tomorrow and end this road trip 5-5, which I won't complain about.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Dozen » Sat May 12, 2007 10:51 pm

Consigliere wrote:Missed the game today, but saw the boxscore and what a nice way to settle in after giving up 3 in the 1st. Man, I'm completely sold on him in the rotation. We absolutely needed him to stop the bleeding today and he did it....contrary to CC who imploded in the 7th inning last night. Let's go get one more tomorrow and end this road trip 5-5, which I won't complain about.

You could ague Wedge left him out there too long as well. CC pitched one hell of a game until then. And it shouldnt have gotten to that point IMO.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby tribetalk » Sat May 12, 2007 11:21 pm

Nice outing for Carmona after the rough first inning. From the 2nd inning on, he just dominated the A's... He can't be removed from this rotation now!
tribetalk

Favorite Player: Carlos Santana
Least Favorite Player: Lou Marson

Unread postby dmcdougal » Sun May 13, 2007 2:12 am

This place is dead without a game preview.. Hopefully things will calm down here and Tripods or myself can get back to providing one. Finals week is starting on Monday and I moved out today so it's the most hectic time of the year. Anyway, I saw the box score and I was happy about the final score but I saw some opportunities that we had a guy on third with less than 2 out and we didn't bring him home. Garko had a nice clutch hit in that situation to make it 6-3. Anyway, I'm glad to see Barfield get his average up over .210. He has made a lot of progress over the last few weeks (.130 when I went to a game vs. Baltimore)
Sizemore needs to start picking it up. He's too good of a hitter to be under .270
dmcdougal

Unread postby pup » Sun May 13, 2007 7:36 am

This place is dead without a game preview

This place is dead because it was a Saturday afternoon game that nobody locally could watch.

Anywhoo, Fausto with another very good performance.

If you told me we could win a game after giving up 3 in the first and Sizemore, Martinez and Nixon would go 0-14 and Pronk would get the day of, I would have invited you to my house so you could share...
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Charboneau » Sun May 13, 2007 8:30 am

Dozen wrote:
Consigliere wrote:Missed the game today, but saw the boxscore and what a nice way to settle in after giving up 3 in the 1st. Man, I'm completely sold on him in the rotation. We absolutely needed him to stop the bleeding today and he did it....contrary to CC who imploded in the 7th inning last night. Let's go get one more tomorrow and end this road trip 5-5, which I won't complain about.

You could ague Wedge left him out there too long as well. CC pitched one hell of a game until then. And it shouldnt have gotten to that point IMO.

I don't think you can pin CC's last start and the 7th inning meltdown on Wedge. CC usually gets off slow but then gains steam as the game unfolds. He took us late into games last year. Given the shakiness of our bullpen, I'd rather take my chances with CC in a 1-1 game than taking him out and turning it over to Olberto or Fultz or whoever.....

Now I don't know the pitch count going into the 7th for CC - but Wedge was right to stay with him.
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Dustin Pedroia

Unread postby Dozen » Sun May 13, 2007 9:07 am

Charboneau wrote:
Dozen wrote:

I don't think you can pin CC's last start and the 7th inning meltdown on Wedge. CC usually gets off slow but then gains steam as the game unfolds. He took us late into games last year. Given the shakiness of our bullpen, I'd rather take my chances with CC in a 1-1 game than taking him out and turning it over to Olberto or Fultz or whoever.....

Now I don't know the pitch count going into the 7th for CC - but Wedge was right to stay with him.

Actually IMO having him start the 7th was fine, but there were situations during that inning where I thought he should have been yanked.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby Charboneau » Sun May 13, 2007 9:21 am

Dozen wrote:
Charboneau wrote:
Dozen wrote:

Actually IMO having him start the 7th was fine, but there were situations during that inning where I thought he should have been yanked.

I agree with you - that there were times in the 7th he could have been relieved. But sometimes you have to go with your gut. I would still take my chances with CC working out of a jam vs. some of those other stiffs in the pen. It was a gamble and didn't work. Next time it might.
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Unread postby Hoover » Sun May 13, 2007 3:16 pm

What stiffs in the pen? There are 4 relievers with ERAs under 2.70 that Wedge could have called on.

There's no rational reason for not removing CC on Friday night. The slow hook has been Wedge's pattern for years.
Hoover

Unread postby Charboneau » Sun May 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Hoover wrote:What stiffs in the pen? There are 4 relievers with ERAs under 2.70 that Wedge could have called on.

There's no rational reason for not removing CC on Friday night. The slow hook has been Wedge's pattern for years.

Stiffs in the pen:

1. Oldberto
2. Fultz

Who would you rather have in a jam CC or:

1. Betancourt
2. Matsny

Some of you guys are so quick to blame Wedge for every loss. It's OK to gamble and go with your horse - CC. If he had relieved CC and the pen imploded - people would be saying "Wedge the idiot took out CC when he had only given up 1 run up until the 7th".

Now, anyone else but CC - maybe I agree you use the hook. But I'll take my chances with my ace working out of a jam vs. bringing in the guys I mentioned above. As for ERA you mention - figures lie and liars figure. I've seen both Fultz and matsny look like crap in a jam. We all know what Oldberto can do.
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Unread postby pup » Sun May 13, 2007 8:19 pm

Now, anyone else but CC - maybe I agree you use the hook. But I'll take my chances with my ace working out of a jam vs. bringing in the guys I mentioned above. As for ERA you mention - figures lie and liars figure. I've seen both Fultz and matsny look like crap in a jam. We all know what Oldberto can do.

Perfect response and 100% true.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun May 13, 2007 11:23 pm

If you aren't riding him in that situation, he ain't your horse.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby consigliere » Sun May 13, 2007 11:35 pm

Wedge made the right call sticking with CC in the 7th. Things just unraveled quickly and he couldn't get out of it. In the past, he has shown the ability to get out of jams. He is your ace, so you stick with him longer than you would others.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB