Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe vs Reds 6/18/12 GAME THREAD

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Tribe vs Reds 6/18/12 GAME THREAD

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Did Latos cry foul when he gave up ten hits and five HRs in a WIN against Colorado? Or only last night.

96 and straight as an arrow gets fucking hit.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Tribe vs Reds 6/18/12 GAME THREAD

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Prosecutor wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:Losing six straight to the Reds would have been very, very bad.

Tomlin's going to have his hands full against this lineup. Votto, Phillips, Bruce, Ludwick, Rolen...that's a tough guantlet to run through four times a game. Better get a lot of runs off Leake.

It's Hannahan's turn to play, but how do you bench Lonnie after last night?

I'd DH him and sit Lopez down.

Great to see some bats waking up. I don't know if Latos was that bad or if Kotch, Damon, and Chiz are finally finding their stokes. Guess we'll find out over the next couple of days.

Let's take one more from the Reds and then sweep the Astros.

No, you don't jerk around Lonnie Chisenhall by moving him to DH. If anything you jerk around the guy that's two weeks away from hitting his per usual .240, is injury prone and has little future.

If Jack Hanahan plays third base tonight, well, they are GD stupid.

For so many reasons, if I need to list them.....Christ.

Hannahan's better defensively. I'll bet Manny plays him at 3rd tonight. Lonnie has to play, though.

And if having Lonnie DH now and then is considered "jerking him around" to the point where it affects his game, then he's too high maintenance for the bigs.

However, it appears that Hannahan has a chronic back problem, so maybe limiting the number of times he has to bend over would be beneficial. It might be wiser to play Chiz at 3rd, have Hanny DH, and keep Lopez on the bench to pinch hit for Damon or Kotchman if they bring in a lefty reliever.

You are not so shockingly missing the point.

If Lonnie Chisenthall is here, he should be playing third every day, save for a day of here and there - and you would clearly give that to him when lefty is pitching.

And it ain't that he'd be too high maintenance to play DH - it's that the guy in front of him is Jack F'ing Hanahan. Who is not good, and has zero future AND can't stay healthy. Christ, that'd be like keeping a solid LF prospect out of the line-up for Damon.

Third Bae. Every Day. Until he proves he belongs, or doesn't. There is nothing on this roster, or the horizon that should prevent this from happening.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB