Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Run Differential

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Run Differential

Unread postby BigMoney » Sun May 27, 2012 12:54 am

How long can the Indians stay in first place with their abysmal run differential? They are currently the only first place team with more runs allowed than runs scored.
Last edited by BigMoney on Sun May 27, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigMoney

Favorite Player: Choo
Least Favorite Player: Hamels

Re: Run Differential

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun May 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Not long. This series has been incredibly disappointing so far. Only a game and a half in front of the White Sox and four in front of Detroit.

Some underperformers: At .245, I think Santana should be hitting the ball more.
I like Brantley's 17 RBI and decent BA, but zero HR's? Come on.
I didn't expect Damon to come out and be a stud, but damn is he just God-awful or what?
For more underperformers, see Indians, pitching.
Raffy Perez and Sizemore coming back will hopefully provide a spark.
I wish I had faith in this team right now, but I just don't; not after last year.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sun May 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Is Santana an underperformer? His career average is .245. Brantley has 10 career HRs in 1,100+ plate appearances. You should be shocked when he does hit one.

I think the optimists had the Tribe projected around .500, maybe into the high 80s for wins with some breaks. They'll be on pace for 90 wins after today's loss. Even the optimists should be pleasantly surprised.

The White Sox run differential is now second in the AL, though. The Indians' will probably be third from the bottom. That's what should concern people.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Mon May 28, 2012 11:26 am

I've always seen Santana as a hitter that can also play the position of catcher (a position he's definitely improved at). He's shown signs that he could be an above average guy, like a .285+ BA. He can come through in the clutch and when there are guys on base. Unfortunately he's on pace for 100+ strikeouts this year. I don't see a .245 average as living up to his/the fans' expectations.

I get that with Brantley. He's starting to come around, I just wish he could hit some more out.

I am definitely guilty of being a huge optimist. Detroit is loaded; they should win the division. But I think if you stack the Tribe up against the White Sox, Cleveland is the better team, all things considered. If the Tribe doesn't mail it in the second half like they did last year and Tomlin and Sizemore make an impact, I expect this team to either make the playoffs, or take it to the wire.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB