Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Rouse vs. Inglett

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Rouse vs. Inglett

Unread postby Wahoot » Sat May 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Rouse is getting the start today, so here's hoping he makes the most of it. But his .100 BA (and 7 Ks in 20 ABs) is starting to disrupt my sleep.

What's up with Joe Inglett? Is he still hurt? In AAA?
Wahoot

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:56 pm

I happened to catch the Tribe show on WTAM this afternoon when they were chatting about Inglett. He is playing again at AAA but is mainly getting time at 2B (along with some time at 3rd and in the OF). Apparently the SS time is being split between Rivas and Luna (don't ask me why, that is what was said).

I doubt Inglett will get called up to replace Rouse for the following reasons: 1) Rouse is out of options, to be sent down means exposing him to waivers. 2) Inglett is not a good backup for SS and if there was 1 position I really want the utility guy to be strong at, its SS since we have Jhonny out there on a regular basis.

Now if the Tribe decided to leave Marte at AAA to break out of his funk, then I could see Inglett being called up to be another backup.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB