Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

16 games of two Tribe season tickets

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

16 games of two Tribe season tickets

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:07 am

I've split two seats at the Jake/Prog since it opened, with four other guys, so we each have two seats for 16 games. One of the guys dropped out, and we have his share available this year. Thought I'd throw it out here (like I've done successfully with my Dawg Pound seats) and see if anyone wants them. Once in, you can have them as many years as you want.

We're in Sec 259, Row A, (seats 11 and 12) which is in the first row of those mini-boxes right behind the lower bowl walkway, tucked up under the overhang of the upper deck. They're straight back from the Indians dugout, exactly halfway between home and third. It's a fantastic view of the game.

Seats are $18 each...so 18 x 2 = 36...x16 = $576.00 That's payable in 3 installments of $192, approx 12/1 (now), then January and February. Tickets also have $2 concession stand credit each, so it's effectively a $16 seat. (Same seats were $16 last year, they went up for the first time in a few years. (They were $14 in 1994, and have gone as high as $32 each in the heyday...market forces at work)

Pro's:

- They're under cover, always out of the rain, but with an unobstructed view of scoreboard.
- More legroom than your average seat because they're on the railing (footrest)
- Consistently true angle for seeing the ball off the bat.
- They're way cheaper ($18) than the seats one row ahead of us (last row of lower bowl in front of the walkway...which are approx $40)
- Middle of the row, so nobody's making you stand up.
- Easy vendor access...on the rail.

Cons:

- If there is any negative at all, it's that it's slightly distracting at times with people walking by on the walkway there, though they don't allow people to loiter in front of you, and you're elevated a few feet so they're not blocking your view of the game. We've had many opportunities over the years to move down into the lower bowl, but we like being under cover. On a cool spring day, if you want to move down a few rows into the sun, there's no hassle with that these days...lots of empty seats down there.

Email me at dwismar at gmail dot com if interested, or PM is fine too
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: 16 games of two Tribe season tickets

Unread postby pup » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 am

How do you go about dividing up the games?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:09 am

Small world. For about 6 seasons my friend and I went in to get a group of 4 tickets for 10 games. They were in section 157, last row. Damn near right in front of you. We didn't get them this last season, mainly because of growing families. It's a lot harder to make it down there so often when it involves rescheduling work, babysitters, and planning, etc. I had no idea that the tickets were so much cheaper just 1 row (and 1 isle) back. I have to think that we would have considered that had we done a single ounce of research.

And to think, all that time I could have been throwing peanuts and dippin dots (RIP) at you.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby idoctribefan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 pm

pup wrote:How do you go about dividing up the games?

i second this question.

And also, do you guys get a complementary suite for one game each year or is that only for new season ticket holders?
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 pm

The account holder...a close personal friend who lives around the corner from me...spends a crazy amount of time and effort to get them divided fairly while also taking into account various people's schedules. He makes sure the inter-league games are divided fairly, and tries to make sure everybody sees each AL team at least once...also trying to get an even split of weekday/weekend games...taking into account people's personal preferences wherever possible.

Incidentally, when they went to the tiered pricing a couple years ago, and different games had different "values", we just continued to treat all games the same. We pay the same price for every game. I am beyond the point where the "premium games" are supposedly worth more, or are more sought after. Frankly for me, I don't prefer to see NYY or Boston any more than anyone else...those games just mean more Massholes around me rooting for the other guys.

Also...everybody has the phones and emails of the other four guys, so that once the season starts and conflicts inevitably arise, we do a fair amount of swapping of games. Some guys are able to make the 2 or 3 noon starts (usually on Weds or Thurs), some aren't due to work. So we work around those individual requests.

In addition, if something comes up at the last minute, any STH can just not show up, and then next time you're there, trade the unused tickets for a future game...(not the same seats, obviously, but a fairly comparable seat in the same general area)

Speaking of personal preferences...you guys should know that 3 of the other 4 guys play in the same golf league, which is on Wednesday...so this "share" is likely to have more than a random number of Wednesday games...possibly as many as 6 or 7 out of 16.

And yes, we do get a suite for one game a year...just the tickets, mind you...you have to pay extra (way extra) if you want to buy any food or drink items beyond popcorn and peanuts, which are free.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Success...one of our readers has taken the seats. Another reason I appreciate having a forum where insane Cleveland sports fans can be found assembled in one place. Thanks.

Feel free to delete the thread, mods.

danwismar

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB