Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

5/3: Indians/Blue Jays ... 7:05 PM

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 03, 2007 10:50 pm

Swerb wrote:This is the Tribe's 25th game.

Fultz has pitched in 15 of them. Oldberto? 14.

What's that, roughly 60% of the games they have pitched in? So, both are on pace for 100 appearances. Great. Are they trying to bury them into the ground, cast them aside at the All-Star break, and call up the yutes then? I just don't get the fascination with Oldberto. I like him here and there, but now everyday. Maybe part of his problem is he is pitching like every day, huh, Wedge?

(or, maybe he is just *old* and is a turd)
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby consigliere » Thu May 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Nice win tonight. Tribe didn't play great ball again.....yet again found a way to win another one. This team is hot right now....but not really hot if you ask me. Does that make sense?

BTW, heard an interesting stat today. On my way home from Cleveland this evening, I heard mention by Hammy that only four pitchers have won 14 or more games in the AL in each of the last three years: Lee, Westbrook, Rogers and Santana. That was surprising to me.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby StewieG » Thu May 03, 2007 11:00 pm

Nice win tonight. Tribe didn't play great ball again.....yet again found a way to win another one. This team is hot right now....but not really hot if you ask me. Does that make sense?

I think so. This team could easily have been .500 on the home stand. But I think that's what makes it all the more impressive. We won 7 of 8 without playing our best ball. What's this team gonna be like when everything comes together?
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Thu May 03, 2007 11:04 pm

Consigliere wrote:BTW, heard an interesting stat today. On my way home from Cleveland this evening, I heard mention by Hammy that only four pitchers have won 14 or more games in the AL in each of the last three years: Lee, Westbrook, Rogers and Santana. That was surprising to me.

Well, there was that stretch where Charles Nagy was one of the few (3, with Maddux and ???, I forget?) pitchers to win at least 15 every year. I kept rationalizing that this made him an excellent pitcher, but of course, it did not.

There is something to be said for taking the ball to the hill every fifth day: knock on wood, this training staff has been damned good at seeing to that.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri May 04, 2007 1:43 pm

You know, if Barfield's going to plow the catcher, run his ass over. Phillips could have easily been on his ass and the ball rolling around by the dugout suites. Lower your shoulder and run through him. Either that or JB caught a spike trying to slide.

How about the moron who ran out onto the field? I wish he'd have done that with Hernandez trucking in from the bullpen. A full frontal collision with that man and I wouldn't even take the loser to jail. I'd play around him.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB