Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Guillen Era over in Chicago

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Guillen Era over in Chicago

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:28 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... lendeparts

Likely off to manage the Marlins.

Gonna miss him in the division. I'd take him managing my team any day of the week.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Guillen Era over in Chicago

Unread postby Spin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:59 am

I hope he gets another gig, and makes the money he wants. He puts an edge on baseball that IMO it needs.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Gets another gig? Read the effing news Spin you moron, he's getting traded to the Marlins for viable minor leaguers.

Guy has been publicly trying to get to the Marlins for awhile now and pretty much quit on the Sox because he doesn't like Williams.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:18 pm

The White Sox fans think they are getting Logan Morrison. It's kind of cute actually. Almost like they are Tribe fans.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

I would love to see Guillen manage the Tribe and rip into those guys. He doesn't fuck around. Would defiantly watch the post game interview after every game.

I wonder what's so appealing to Ozzie to take his managing talents to South Beach
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby Spin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:26 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Gets another gig? Read the effing news Spin you moron, he's getting traded to the Marlins for viable minor leaguers.

Guy has been publicly trying to get to the Marlins for awhile now and pretty much quit on the Sox because he doesn't like Williams.

When I wrote that it was just a rumor. Then it was on his Twitter. Then it wasn't on Twitter. Then it was official two hours later.

Go fuck yourself.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 pm

swerb wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AqfPCFcx7J4Ti3gzcWfugNQ5nYcB?slug=ap-whitesox-guillendeparts

Likely off to manage the Marlins.

Gonna miss him in the division. I'd take him managing my team any day of the week.

The most honest thing any athlete or coach has ever said:

“With the rings, I can’t do [anything] with that,’’ he said. “But with money, I can go buy me a new boat, I can go buy me a new car, I can dress my wife the way I want to dress her, I can go to Spain. With the ring, I can go to United Airlines and say, ‘Hello, I won the 2005 championship. Can you fly me to Spain?’ Hell, no.

“Money is everything besides health. Money is next to that. A lot of people say, ‘Oh, love.’ They don’t know what love means. I guarantee you, if you raise a girl where I grew up and you’ve got no money and she loves you, but you put the same girl with a guy who’s got a lot of money, I’ll bet she’ll love the guy with money. That’s the way it is. I love you, but I’m hungry.

“I work in this job for money. I don’t work for nothing. Money. That’s it. The ring? [Bleep] the ring. I don’t even wear my [bleeping] rings. I don’t.’’
Dellucci TailGator

Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Oh, this is golden. What's the over/under on Ozzie getting shitcanned from Loria's thrift store? I give him at most a year before his mouth finds him the door.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB