Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Indians at White Sox 8/17/11

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Indians at White Sox 8/17/11

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:05 am

scrambler wrote:
Am I Here Again? wrote:Who IS this Fausto? And where has he been this year? This is far and away his best start of the season. I hope he gained enough confidence to carry this kind of performance through the rest of the season. Maybe he could give Ubaldo some hints on how to pitch. ;-) ;) :wink:

I explained all this in the last game thread, I know you saw it. His last game was clear proof he was completely back against Detroit. He went toe to toe with the best pitcher in baseball and put 5 straight zeroes on the board after some pretty weak runs against him and bad defense. He's gone 8 straight games giving up 4 runs or less. The team is 5-2 in his last 7 starts. I said at the time of the Ubaldo trade that you could look at some peripheral stats and state he wasn't as good as even Carmona this year. Ubaldo was a shiny toy though and still is. Carmona's the better pitcher this year though (it's only my opinion, just my opinion me stating that, just an opinion, just an opinion, I have some evidence to back it up, but just an opinion, you can feel Jimenez is better this year too). Since June 20th, he's been a really good pitcher. His ERA has dropped EVERY SINGLE GAME since the Colorado misadventure on June 20th.

Yup, I know that I saw it too. And I said ...Sometimes the onus is on Fausto for crappy pitching. Sometimes the problem is a total lack of defense backing him or Tribe offense not showing. But he hasn't been winning. On the other hand Fausto IS averaging one win a month. Tonight just MIGHT be his night!

So far I'm not liking what I'm hearing when Ubaldo pitches...
* Since June 20th six of Carmona's last eight games (75%) have been quality starts.

I refuse to get into circle arguments. Besides, I kinda predicted a win tonight. ;-) ;) :wink: I complained that his losses were as much the problem of poor defense behind him or sucky offense by his teammates. You're right, hasn't given up five or more runs since June 20th. And I'm right for saying that for whatever reason poor Fausto hasn't won more than one game a month.

*"8/16 Tribe @ Palehose"
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:49 am

I'd like to take personal credit for Fausto's Renaissance. The moment I start posting about how this mope has no trade value whatsoever, he reels off 7 nice starts in a row.

You're welcome, Cleveland.

;-) ;) :wink:
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:06 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:I'd like to take personal credit for Fausto's Renaissance. The moment I start posting about how this mope has no trade value whatsoever, he reels off 7 nice starts in a row.

Ill celebrate him and believe in him when he pitches in Boston and gets us to the series.

Till then I'm just gonna expect him to fall apart and with every good performance I will be pleasantly surprised. Because as soon as I start expecting good things from Fausto he will fall apart.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
WiscTribeFan wrote:I'd like to take personal credit for Fausto's Renaissance. The moment I start posting about how this mope has no trade value whatsoever, he reels off 7 nice starts in a row.

Ill celebrate him and believe in him when he pitches in Boston and gets us to the series.

Till then I'm just gonna expect him to fall apart and with every good performance I will be pleasantly surprised. Because as soon as I start expecting good things from Fausto he will fall apart.

Amen to that.

Fool me once, shame on you....
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB