Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians - Get Closer 8-9-11

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians - Get Closer

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:18 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote: But something more than just type-written equivalent of the first freaking thing that crosses one's mind wouldn't suck. ;-) ;) :wink:

You just defined Twitter my man.

Been to confession lately?, b/c it looks like the end of the world over here.

If you're not looking at Twitter a few times a day then you'd have that impression. But 140 characters means you actually have to think before you post or you don't say anything and no one ever sees it.

And just as you posted that it started raining again at a steady clip.

And Symbolic, step away from the keyboard for 60 seconds before you post. That post by DHotP is an accurate reflection of your night's work.

2 innings in.

Don't blame people for calling it what it is.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Symbolic47 wrote: Maybe some people need some thicker skin.

A post tinged with just a little irony?

:nanner:
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians - Get ClAoser

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Alright then. This place is full of knee jerk reaction posts. Im rarely one of those. I back up my posts with facts and legitimate arguments. But go ahead and pick out 2 innings worth of posts from a whole season if you must. Again look at the season posts and get back to me.

Are you guys insinuating Im a knee jerk poster on here? :lmfao:
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Re: Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians - Get ClAoser

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:Alright then. This place is full of knee jerk reaction posts. Im rarely one of those. I back up my posts with facts and legitimate arguments. But go ahead and pick out 2 innings worth of posts from a whole season if you must. Again look at the season posts and get back to me.

Yes. It is full of knee jerk reaction posts. That's the point and the problem IMO. Specifically the game threads.

And no. I'm not going through a year's worth of posts. People who survive plane crashes don't go up to crash again. I'd rather walk through Kabul wearing an American Flag t-shirt and a burning Koran.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:38 pm

I just find it funny I get singled out by 3 people for 2 innings of posts, when Im always one of the more positive people on here about our team. I could care less what people on the internet think of me, but this is a Tribe fan forum. Ripping each other is pretty counter productive IMO. Tons of people make REALLY STUPID posts on here, but I dont go out of my way to point it out. The only person Ive openly disagreed with on more than one occasion is Scrambler. But we seem to be pretty similar in our approach so it doesnt bother me.

Personally I wont lie, ive been here for 2 years, and this is the first time anybody has ever called me out for that specific reason. My point remains, maybe I did jump the gun today, but there are many many more posters far more guilty of this than me. Just seems odd IMO. Whatever, I enjoy reading Peekers and UK's posts, and we have had some good convos in the past. Just seemed bizarre to point that out. I also did make some positive posts to.

Also I dont see whats wrong about hating Peralta. They guy was lazy, and a pouting baby when he played for us. But as soon as he goes to Detroit, he decides to actually hit the ball the other way, while subjecting us to years of incompetent play. I dont like him, and it sucks seeing him fulfilling his promise with another team after we practically gave him the job for 5 seasons. Just my two cents, take it for whats it worth.
Symbolic47

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 pm

What used to be the warning track is now more of a warning moat. Hope Carrera can swim.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:I just find it funny I get singled out by 3 people for 2 innings of posts, when Im always one of the more positive people on here about our team. I could care less what people on the internet think of me, but this is a Tribe fan forum. Ripping each other is pretty counter productive IMO. Tons of people make REALLY STUPID posts on here, but I dont go out of my way to point it out. The only person Ive openly disagreed with on more than one occasion is Scrambler. But we seem to be pretty similar in our approach so it doesnt bother me.

Personally I wont lie, ive been here for 2 years, and this is the first time anybody has ever called me out for that specific reason. My point remains, maybe I did jump the gun today, but there are many many more posters far more guilty of this than me. Just seems odd IMO. Whatever, I enjoy reading Peekers and UK's posts, and we have had some good convos in the past. Just seemed bizarre to point that out. I also did make some positive posts to.

Also I dont see whats wrong about hating Peralta. They guy was lazy, and a pouting baby when he played for us. But as soon as he goes to Detroit, he decides to actually hit the ball the other way, while subjecting us to years of incompetent play. I dont like him, and it sucks seeing him fulfilling his promise with another team after we practically gave him the job for 5 seasons. Just my two cents, take it for whats it worth.

Dude- it ain't fatal. Just something to keep in mind. That was a barrage of negativity and pessimism.

It just was. No big deal. But it's part of what makes the gamethreads tough to enjoy and it gets worse each year.

I have no idea why game threads bring it out more than other threads. But it happens and it's difficult to watch.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Is there any serious chance this game will get postponed/called? I'm figuring if we're tied right now and Masty is nice instead of nasty we might get the advantage by calling this one. Not that there is a free day to make this one up for the rest of the season - barely any time to breath, it seems. So maybe we should just hope the rain stops and play on...
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Eh no biggie. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way at first. I did however admit in the beginning of the thread I probably jumped the gun. But whatever, Im good. No hard feeling. Ill keep it in check. But its getting harder as the season goes on. Last week tested my nerves Ill tell you what. We could have easily gone 7-0 on that trip. So maybe that frustration is still lingering.
Symbolic47

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Am I Here Again? wrote:Is there any serious chance this game will get postponed/called? I'm figuring if we're tied right now and Masty is nice instead of nasty we might get the advantage by calling this one. Not that there is a free day to make this one up for the rest of the season - barely any time to breath, it seems. So maybe we should just hope the rain stops and play on...

Rain has slowed down here but there's more right behind it. Like we're stuck in a loop of dark green radar readings that aren't going away. And this field is soaked though the crew is heading for the tarp right now.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:I just find it funny I get singled out by 3 people for 2 innings of posts, when Im always one of the more positive people on here about our team. I could care less what people on the internet think of me, but this is a Tribe fan forum. Ripping each other is pretty counter productive IMO. Tons of people make REALLY STUPID posts on here, but I dont go out of my way to point it out. The only person Ive openly disagreed with on more than one occasion is Scrambler. But we seem to be pretty similar in our approach so it doesnt bother me.

As a Tribe Board Reader and not poster (this place is terrrrrrrrrible outside of a few people who still carry) I can explain what just happened pretty easily.

Peeks burned out awhile ago and mentioned it in the locked disaster thread earlier today. The quality of these threads is somewhere between goat jizz and elephant dung. You used to at least have scattered game discussion w/ THREE WORD POST/RACIAL ARGUMENT.

Since this fall to suck (it isn't really a fall, more so a Peeker burnout) happened today and I<3PRONK posted a quick break down of your mini-melt tonight it was easy pickings that got jumped.

You're one of the better posters here (shudder) so don't jump off a ledge about that stupid shit.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

As a Tribe Board Reader and not poster (this place is terrrrrrrrrible outside of a few people who still carry) I can explain what just happened pretty easily.

Peeks burned out awhile ago and mentioned it in the locked disaster thread earlier today. The quality of these threads is somewhere between goat jizz and elephant dung. You used to at least have scattered game discussion w/ THREE WORD POST/RACIAL ARGUMENT.

Since this fall to suck (it isn't really a fall, more so a Peeker burnout) happened today and I<3PRONK posted a quick break down of your mini-melt tonight it was easy pickings that got jumped.

You're one of the better posters here (shudder) so don't jump off a ledge about that stupid shit.

Is this a compliment? lol. I cant tell. I said my piece and Im cool now. TBH this is my favorite sports forum Ive ever posted on, and I like the majority of you guys. So I guess I took that harder than I should have and I can admit that. No sleep for 35 hours may have played a part. ;-) ;) :wink:
Symbolic47

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:Pretty funny considering half you guys say " Fuck seasons over" after every loss since the break. I dislike the Tigers a great deal, and I hate losing to those douche bags. Sorry if I offended. Maybe some people need some thicker skin.

I wasnt offended, i was just fucking with you. You went from super amped to super pissed off pretty quick, it was funny, it was like you were Bi-Polar thats all. :dingle:
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

Yeah. That pretty much covers it.

SO I pretty much have to beg for some stimulating in-game discussion or kill myself. Because I have an obligation to look at this shit.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Lets just play some ball and kick the kitties ass.
Symbolic47

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Tarp is off.

Field reminds me of a Nature's Spray cranberry bog. And more storms keep forming over the lake.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 pm

So were over an hour here.....what are the chances Masterson is pulled? Tough break for us, as we don't wanna burn through the pen already. Granted it leaves Detroit in the same position and they have a pretty erratic pen.
Symbolic47

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:59 pm

And tarp was removed to dump the ocean's worth of water off it.

Back on now and more rain headed this way.

Kill me.

Next dry period I'm making a break for the vehicle.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FortheWin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Fans might be in for a disappoint, though. TBA is tarp is going back on. There was a LOT of water on it... and there's another storm coming.
DON'T QUIT
FortheWin

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Relax, Symbolic. I've "known" D-Pronk for a couple of years and I really think he wasn't calling you out. More like a "hey buddy, rough day?" inquiry. Besides, rain delays suck. Here :cheers: , relax.

Symbolic47 wrote:...No sleep for 35 hours may have played a part. ;-) ;) :wink:

Got ya beat. Did 44 straight (twice!) both times we moved house-to-house. Eventually your butt will catch up with the rest of your body once it stops draggin'.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Well that blows. I put off doing errands to watch this game. The woman unit isnt going to be pleased when she gets home haha. Ah well, shit happens.
Symbolic47

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:Tarp is off.

Field reminds me of a Nature's Spray cranberry bog. And more storms keep forming over the lake.

LOL, you remind me of one of those 80yo guys who refer to Burger King as the Burger Whopper.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Am I Here Again? wrote:Relax, Symbolic. I've "known" D-Pronk for a couple of years and I really think he wasn't calling you out. More like a "hey buddy, rough day?" inquiry. Besides, rain delays suck. Here :cheers: , relax.

Symbolic47 wrote:...No sleep for 35 hours may have played a part. ;-) ;) :wink:

Got ya beat. Did 44 straight (twice!) both times we moved house-to-house. Eventually your butt will catch up with the rest of your body once it stops draggin'.

Yea we are in mandatory OT at work right now, due to the rush to clear out summer merch. Im a grunt for Lowes at the distribution center. So sleep is fleeting these days.
Symbolic47

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:06 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Tarp is off.

LOL, you remind me of one of those 80yo guys who refer to Burger King as the Burger Whopper.

You remind me of Paul Newman in the Color of Money.

Hated that movie.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:Well that blows. I put off doing errands to watch this game. The woman unit isnt going to be pleased when she gets home haha. Ah well, shit happens.

If you have a chance to run out for wine, flowers and/or CHOCOLATE I say go for it. If she's like me she'll completely forgive. ;-) ;) :wink:
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:07 pm

If they call this, they better put the DH on national TV.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:So were over an hour here.....what are the chances Masterson is pulled? Tough break for us, as we don't wanna burn through the pen already. Granted it leaves Detroit in the same position and they have a pretty erratic pen.

I highly doubt they're playing this one soon. Pouring again.

And there's no way Masterson or Fister are back if they do start again. It'll be 2+ hour delay at the least.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Holy christ, I just saw Pierzynski pimping an absolute ChiMo moustache. I didn't think he could get more awful.
Last edited by Erie Warrior on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 pm

My view of the RCF stands is obscured by a deluge of rain.

And lightning.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Crap, not sounding good. Bummer as I was really pumped for this game.
Symbolic47

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Just standing next to Katie Witham in the cafeteria. I take back every derogatory comment I made about her earlier in the year.

All of it.

Every word.

The two-faced 'Seinfeld' episode comes to mind. I'm extremely confused.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Officially saying 945pm re-start time. Tarp coming off (again)

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:Just standing next to Katie Witham in the cafeteria. I take back every derogatory comment I made about her earlier in the year.

All of it.

Every word.

The two-faced 'Seinfeld' episode comes to mind. I'm extremely confused.

lucky bastard
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Durbin will come in to pitch.

Try and contain your excitement.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:Durbin will come in to pitch.

Against the middle of the Tigers order as well.

Durbin Vs Cabrera/Martinez is, to say the least, an unfavourable matchup.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 pm

They might have to ferry Durbin from the bullpen to the mound. Feudal lords would be envious of the moat in front of the Indians bullpen and in LCF.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:39 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Durbin will come in to pitch.

Against the middle of the Tigers order as well.

Durbin Vs Cabrera/Martinez is, to say the least, an unfavourable matchup.

Durbin against you, me and Am I Here Again? might be an unfavorable matchup for Durbin.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:49 pm

How many cigs do you imagine Leyland went through during the break?

Acta has to be hoping to get three innings from Durbin. Just 10 days ago Durbin worked 2.2 IP. looking for that again.
Last edited by Dellucci TailGator on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dellucci TailGator

Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Well, if the heavy rains weren't a sign of the apocalypse, then I guess Chad Durbin throwing quality strikes might just be!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Uh oh. Leyland realized the Indians are powerless against junkballer lefties. And Masterson is out of the game. Tigers might be happy about that rain delay.
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby fairvis » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Below's got a really odd delivery. Thought Kip had that one, too.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 pm

fairvis wrote:Below's got a really odd delivery.

There's an Abbott & Costello-like routine in this thing somewhere. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Below has only pitched 13 innings since coming up from AAA but he's doing well. Opposing batters are hitting .220 against him. Meanwhile, we've got Durbin.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby tastybrownies » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Seeing Peralta with a .315 average just angers me.
Matt Underwood - "And the Indians have left a small village on base."
tastybrownies

Favorite Player: Johnny Manziel
Least Favorite Player: Miguel Cabrera

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Beer sales during delay clearly good. Can hear one guy from down the 3rd base line screaming, "You're a bitch Peralta!"

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Chad Durbin: crafty, veteran, rain delay innings eater. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:05 pm

peeker643 wrote:Beer sales during delay clearly good. Can hear one guy from down the 3rd base line screaming, "You're a bitch Peralta!"

The alcohol has not impaired his truth-telling ability.

Dare I say Durbin looks good? Throwwing tripe, but he's spotting it well.

Just don't let Miggy get a second look at him. He'll poke one of those crapballs on the outer portion oppo for a homer.
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:06 pm

tastybrownies wrote:Seeing Peralta with a .315 average just angers me.

Then this won't help:

castrovince Anthony Castrovince
Jhonny Peralta since trade to the Tigers: 160 games, .291/.341/.472, 24 HRs, 28 2Bs, 100 RBIs.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Dellucci TailGator wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Beer sales during delay clearly good. Can hear one guy from down the 3rd base line screaming, "You're a bitch Peralta!"

The alcohol has not impaired his truth-telling ability.

Nicely done.

:thumb up: :cheers:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Most impressive thing about Boesch's catch? He literally sang "Singing In The Rain" as he jumped through the puddle. Huge Gene Kelly fan.
Dellucci TailGator

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB