Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Indians @ Rangers 8/5: Can You(baldo) feel the heat?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Indians @ Rangers 8/5: Can You(baldo) feel the heat?

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 am

scrambler wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:This loss in on Acta as much as Chris Perez. Hes only blown 3 games all year, it happens. Acta once again fucks shit up in the late innings.

He's blown more than that, way more, His top of the 9th tie game appearances he has blown more of than saves, those count for me too.

Yeah, Acta made some bad decisions perhaps, but you really don't blame Perez with a two run lead wtih 2 outs and no one on in the 9th??

Hes 22 for 25 in save appearances......
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby scrambler » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:29 am

Symbolic47 wrote:
scrambler wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:
scrambler wrote:We're gonna get one of the next two. Tomlin's arsenal is taylor made to pitch in Arlington, and Fausto is self explanatory.

A fly ball home run pitcher is taylor made for Arlington?.....What?

This is another example of that facetiousness I talk about. As in tomlin's only weakness is he gives up lots and lots of home runs, and he goes sunday....etc, etc, etc.

What? Please explain how fly ball pitcher who pretty much leads the world in homers given up is a good fit to pitch in a small, fly ball haven like Arlington? Not to mention against a team who hits homers in bunches.

I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I was attempting humor is all. I find baseball funny and the current play of the team funny.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:29 am

Symbolic47 wrote:
scrambler wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:
scrambler wrote:We're gonna get one of the next two. Tomlin's arsenal is taylor made to pitch in Arlington, and Fausto is self explanatory.

This is another example of that facetiousness I talk about. As in tomlin's only weakness is he gives up lots and lots of home runs, and he goes sunday....etc, etc, etc.

What? Please explain how fly ball pitcher who pretty much leads the world in homers given up is a good fit to pitch in a small, fly ball haven like Arlington? Not to mention against a team who hits homers in bunches.

Go look up the definition of "facetious".
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:30 am

scrambler wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:
scrambler wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:

I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I was attempting humor is all. I find baseball funny and the current play of the team funny.

"Attempting" being the key word.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby scrambler » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:30 am

Symbolic47 wrote:
scrambler wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:This loss in on Acta as much as Chris Perez. Hes only blown 3 games all year, it happens. Acta once again fucks shit up in the late innings.

He's blown more than that, way more, His top of the 9th tie game appearances he has blown more of than saves, those count for me too.

Yeah, Acta made some bad decisions perhaps, but you really don't blame Perez with a two run lead wtih 2 outs and no one on in the 9th??

He's not pitched very well this year. I remember Seth SMith and Jose Bautista just off the top of my head as tie games he lost, and there have been more, not technically blow saves, but losses nonetheless.
scrambler

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:31 am

My bad, I actually didnt catch that part. Totally my fault. Im just really pissed, and honestly didnt see that. I apologize Srambler.
Symbolic47

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:31 am

Symbolic47 wrote:
scrambler wrote:

Most over rated and useless stat in sports.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:33 am

I agree the loss in on Rage, but I still maintain Acta did nothing to help this team tonight. He made about 3 or 4 blunders in the last 4 innings that really tightened the game up. That and Santana is a bum behind the dish. Sorry for ranting, this one really got to me.
Symbolic47

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:33 am

Kingpin74 wrote:No way. Up 2 in a very important game after being up 5 earlier, your All Star closer is supposed to get the job done. Plus it's not like he got beat by some BS broken bat singles or something. He got taken to dead center on a meatball. Just can't happen if you have real playoff aspirations.

You're also not supposed to get 0 runs and 5 hits from the 3rd inning through the 11th inning.

Perez not getting steady work is part of this problem too. That was his first save opp in 2.5 weeks. Not making an excuse, but that's a fact.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby scrambler » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:35 am

leadpipe wrote:
scrambler wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:
scrambler wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:

It's funny, sad, but funny.
scrambler

Unread postby scrambler » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:38 am

good night everybody, it will get better, maybe not til 2012, but it will get better. We're not as bad as we are right now just as we weren't as good when we were 31-15.
scrambler

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:35 am

leadpipe wrote:
scrambler wrote:I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I WAS BEING FACETIOUS. I was attempting humor is all. I find baseball funny and the current play of the team funny.

You know Image some people Image find smilies to be a useful item to convey feelings. Just sayin' Image

:group:
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Acta on Laporta last night-

Hamilton was ruled safe, but Andrus never broke stride on the play, catching LaPorta off guard at first. LaPorta hesitated before finally relaying the ball to the plate, but the damage had been done. Andrus slid in for the game-winning run, setting off an on-field celebration for Texas.

"You catch the ball and throw home," Acta said. "At first base, you don't even worry whether the guy is going to be safe or out. You just come off the bag and you throw home. That's the winning run. That's what you do."

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/mlb/ga ... p&c_id=cle

Guy is such a bum. He sucks.
Symbolic47

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:33 pm

:gah:
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:13 am

Not surprising to see Matty benched today after that display last night. Obviously Acta was not happy.
Symbolic47

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB