Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Adam Miller update

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Adam Miller update

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:19 pm

For those wondering how Adam Miller's rehab is progressing, I put a piece up today: http://bit.ly/lba2s9

And yes, when I talked to him, I told him that someone on the boards honestly suggested amputating his finger and seeing if he could learn to pitch without it. Dave, you'll be getting some papers in the mail from Milller's attorney requesting that you stay 100 yards away from his right hand at all times :lmfao:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Adam Miller update

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Great to see him throwing again. Hopefully he can reach some of his potential and we can see him someday. Just curious, what was his other pitch that he can no longer throw? I wouldn't think a changeup would be that affected by his finger.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:33 pm

andrew6586 wrote:Great to see him throwing again. Hopefully he can reach some of his potential and we can see him someday. Just curious, what was his other pitch that he can no longer throw? I wouldn't think a changeup would be that affected by his finger.

He had a changeup that he no longer throws.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Yea actually a change is harder on your fingers than a fast ball. most pitcher's stuff the ball deep into their palms while throwing the change. Thus having more surface contact with the finger when leaving the hand. Makes sense to me. Regardless its great to see him throwing again. God knows this organization needs a break.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:43 pm

gotribe31 wrote:For those wondering how Adam Miller's rehab is progressing, I put a piece up today: http://bit.ly/lba2s9

And yes, when I talked to him, I told him that someone on the boards honestly suggested amputating his finger and seeing if he could learn to pitch without it. Dave, you'll be getting some papers in the mail from Milller's attorney requesting that you stay 100 yards away from his right hand at all times :lmfao:

guess i'm never gonna live that one down, huh??? if i recall my original post way back when i first discussed this, i did preface it with "please excuse my ignorance". hee-hee!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby TonyIPI » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks for the update Al.

Miller is a great story this year. May not make it to the big leagues, but if he stays healthy he is definitely on the radar at the start of next spring.
Follow me on Twitter: @TonyIPI
STOHD.com blog: http://www.stohd.com/Blogs/MinorHappenings.aspx
2011 Indians Top 100 Prospects and More book now available: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2 ... -book.html
TonyIPI

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Trevor Crowe

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm

TonyIPI wrote:Thanks for the update Al.

Miller is a great story this year. May not make it to the big leagues, but if he stays healthy he is definitely on the radar at the start of next spring.

No problem. It was great to get to talk to him again. Such a good guy; you really, really want to see a kid like him do well.

Would be awesome if he could stay healthy and be a part of this team going forward.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB