Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Late start for Yanks-Bahstun on Thursday

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Late start for Yanks-Bahstun on Thursday

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Don't know if this will amount to a hill of sunflower shells but the skanks/sux game has been in delay all night long. They will be starting the game (yay! since CC is slated to pitch tonight and I so didn't want to face him) around 10:30 tonight. Hopefully this impacts their players when we start against them tomorrow. Right now we could use every little smile the Baseball Gods want to grace us with. ;-) ;) :wink:
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Re: Late start for Yanks-Bahstun on Thursday

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:48 am

And Joba on DL (out for a year with TJ), and Texiera banged up, and coming off of a Red Sux sweep. Two teams reeling, let's hope the nearly two days off helps the Tee Pee.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:25 am

Tribe might catch a break with the reeling Yanks for reasons mentioned above but the late start won't mean much IMO. Ballplayers are up and either boozing, whoring or chilling in front of the TV/X-Box til 4 or 5am every night. Different clocks.

All last night meant was less time for those recreational activities listed above.

The milk & cookies guys will be fine regardless and the playas will just make up for what they missed last night after tonight's game.

This trip is scary what with the rest of the division as hot as th Tribe is cold.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Jumbo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:32 am

This is a critical series for both teams. The Yankees just got swept at home and are starting to battle some injuries. The Indians have been...well, you know.

After facing Nova tonight, can they figure out the aged trio of Colon, Garcia, and Burnett? Burnett and Garcia both got shelled in their last outings, but they've both thrown some good games. Bartolo found the Stem Cells of Youth.

I'm not confident.

(cache)
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:38 am

Well we've been atop the Central since April 7. The only way to go is down. It's definitely time to nut up or shut up.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:08 pm

The skanks have "TBA" starting games three and four. Since CC pitched last night you have to think that Burnett and Garcia would pitch those two games. I'm wondering if they just haven't decided which order they'll pitch in (seems they're doing a little rotation juggling right now) or if the skanks are bringing up a Trip A guy or two. Either way this road trip is gonna be tough. And THEN we come home to six interleague games (Pirates Arrr! and Rockies - each middle-of-the-road ranked) and then go to see the Giants and the D-Backs! At least we finish up at home against the Reds to end interleague play. If we can hang in until the all-star break (finish the first half with the Skankees and Blue Jays at home) we might be OK. Maybe. I hope. Fingers crossed.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB