Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Michael Young

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Michael Young

Unread postby smalls1129 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 am

Per Rizz the Indians have talked to the Rangers about acquiring Young but the Rangers want a haul of prospects that the indians weren't willing to think about. Any interest and what would you be willing to part with?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Squire James

Re: Michael Young

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 pm

I'm interested that they are interested. He can play at 1st, 2nd, SS, 3rd and DH. A right handed bat with some power, lots of doubles, and high average. Unhappy in Texas.

I assume he plays 3rd here mostly.

He's gonna cost a ton. Probably Chiz and Pomeranz.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:28 pm

I may be way off on this, and I am interseted in Yong, but I would shit myself if they gave up Chiz OR Pomeranz for a 34 year old future DH making 16mil per through 2013, much less both of them.

If that's what Texsa is asking, then they are asking way too much.

Pomeranz is about untouchable, and it's going to have to be someone closer to their prime to pry away Chiz, IMO.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby paulcousineau » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Per Rizz the Indians have talked to

As far as I'm going to need to read on this one...
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Unread postby smalls1129 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Just passing along what I heard, they're going to have to do something with the looks of it and that's the first name I've heard mentioned.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Unread postby paulcousineau » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:04 pm

smalls1129 wrote:Just passing along what I heard, they're going to have to do something with the looks of it and that's the first name I've heard mentioned.

Didn't mean to jump down your throat, but they've got a LOT of baseball to play before July 31st and happen to have 3 infielders in AAA who could probably help this team today.

That show relies to the "from what I hear" nonsense instead of actually being intelligent, informative, and/or informed, which isn't going to hold my attention.
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Unread postby smalls1129 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:52 pm

paulcousineau wrote:
smalls1129 wrote:Just passing along what I heard, they're going to have to do something with the looks of it and that's the first name I've heard mentioned.

Didn't mean to jump down your throat, but they've got a LOT of baseball to play before July 31st and happen to have 3 infielders in AAA who could probably help this team today.

That show relies to the "from what I hear" nonsense instead of actually being intelligent, informative, and/or informed, which isn't going to hold my attention.

And that's where I kinda wanted this conversation to go, is giving up Carrasco or White (about as far as I would go) worth the production difference between Young and say Phelps. We can argue experience/leadership all day long, but are you going to get enough production from Young to even warrant that type of move. That's not even considering the amount of money that seperates Young and someone just getting a call up. All things need to be accounted for, but in my opinion they have put themselves in a position where they can't just say we're two years ahead of schedule and stand pat for the sake of standing pat. If something is there you do it, and I said it before if Choo is in anyone's minds eye, you take advantage and improve the team now. Defense and everything else combined, Choo has not helped this team THIS year and despite the argument Rich laid out for locking him up now, Boras is not going to let him stay here (or more accurately someone will outbid the Indians and Boras won't let him take less money to stay here).
smalls1129

Unread postby TribeinLA » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:02 pm

I'd give up Carmona right NOW for Michael Young to play a week in Cleveland.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Michael Young is a guy you can't go wrong with if you try to acquire him. He's jsut a born hitter and great defender. But not interested if they want Chiz or Pomeranz
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:36 am

There are 5 guys in the system I would say are untouchable at this point-

-Pomeranz(our number 1 prospect)
-White(This is me personally, but there's no way in hell I trade this kid. ESPECIALLY not for Michael friggin Young. 4 years ago? Sure.
Chiz- Who else is gonna play 3rd base?
Knapp- Ace potential like Pom, but injuries are a concern
Kipnis- I think Chris loves this guy, and would much rather part with Phelps if need be

And our new guy Lindor(who hope to god we can sign)
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:11 am

Two folks have thrown his name out there, but it really needs to be said that Alex White is un-tradeable right now.

No team on earth is going to acquire a kid who just had a injury on his pitching hand, espeically after what happened to Adam Miller.

Book it, he's done pitching for this year. They'll get him into the AFL to start his climb back for next season.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB