Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

5/31/11 Cleveland Indians @ Toronto Blue Jays. WIN!!

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: 5/31/11 Cleveland Indians @ Toronto Blue Jays. WIN!!

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:
Dellucci TailGator wrote:I'm really starting to tire of Orly Cabrera. Can't hit, can't field. Getting close to Trot Nixon Professional Pie-Thrower territory.

Pretty damn close. He needs to move to Everett's spot a week ago. If he cant play at least solid D hes pointless as a starter.

If he can't start, it would be pointless to keep him at all. The main job of a backup infielder is to play defense.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby The Brook » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:30 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:
Dellucci TailGator wrote:I'm really starting to tire of Orly Cabrera. Can't hit, can't field. Getting close to Trot Nixon Professional Pie-Thrower territory.

Pretty damn close. He needs to move to Everett's spot a week ago. If he cant play at least solid D hes pointless as a starter.

If he can't start, it would be pointless to keep him at all. The main job of a backup infielder is to play defense.

I want them to release Ocab, but a case can be made that they can keep him to play against lefties. He has hit lefties really well so far this year and hit .325 off them last year as well. He should never play against righties though, yet he plays everyday.
The Brook
carnitas, math & bucky

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: 97 Marlins roster

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:11 pm

I would just like to keep OCAB around for the veteran presence. Hes really the only guy we got with any at all. Droobs has been vocal about his support for OCAB saying he has helped him become a better hitter. Always a place on my team for a guy like that. Just not a starter.

And would anyone really mind if Everett was cut and OCAb took his spot? Its an upgrade, not a huge one, but does strengthen our team for the dog days.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:I would just like to keep OCAB around for the veteran presence. Hes really the only guy we got with any at all. Droobs has been vocal about his support for OCAB saying he has helped him become a better hitter. Always a place on my team for a guy like that. Just not a starter.

And would anyone really mind if Everett was cut and OCAb took his spot? Its an upgrade, not a huge one, but does strengthen our team for the dog days.

OCab isn't an upgrade defensively over Everett anywhere on the diamond. The old man has all the range of a planted shrub. Everett is the better player between the two of them regardless of where you play them but has more value as a UIF.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:41 am

peeker643 wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:I would just like to keep OCAB around for the veteran presence. Hes really the only guy we got with any at all. Droobs has been vocal about his support for OCAB saying he has helped him become a better hitter. Always a place on my team for a guy like that. Just not a starter.

OCab isn't an upgrade defensively over Everett anywhere on the diamond. The old man has all the range of a planted shrub. Everett is the better player between the two of them regardless of where you play them but has more value as a UIF.

Hindsight is 20/20 but Everett sure booted a few today haha. You jinxed him man! :nanner:
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB