Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Does Fausto have any trade value ...

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Does Fausto have any trade value ...

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:04 pm

pup wrote:
Toxicadam wrote:and should we trade him at the deadline?

I know this seems like a reactionary post based on yesterday's performance, but I have been thinking about it for a few weeks as the likelihood of the Tribe still contending during the trade deadline has increased.

Fausto is still owed just under 7 million for next year, with club options for 2012-2014 thereafter. Keep in mind that 7 million is still a decent bargain for an MLB starter. For example, Jake Westbrook will be making 8+ million a year for the next few years as a Cardinal.

It seems to me, with our (relative) wealth of guys ready to make the step up to the big leagues from AAA (Jeanmar, McAllister, White) that Fausto is extremely expendable. If we do make the playoffs this year, would Fausto even be one of our top three pitchers going into that first round?

Yes he does.
No we shouldn't.
Yes he would.

What I meant to say was:
No he doesn't.
Yes we should.
[Jim Mora]Playoffs?[/Jim Mora]
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Toxicadam » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Dude is hot garbage.

Can't even locate his off-speed pitch. Swerb should put him on the banner, because he can't get worse.
Toxicadam

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Hes our worst SP on the team. But a pretty large margin. We cant afford to keep throwing him out there to get bombed every 5 days right now. He is putting us out of the game by the 3rd inning. This cannot happen from your "Acelol" in a contending season.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:10 pm

IMO he needs to sit down. Maybe Acta can talk him into going to the bullpen till he gets his head screwed on straight. Over his last 27 innings he's given up 29 runs! Garbage.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:50 pm

pup wrote:
pup wrote:
Toxicadam wrote:and should we trade him at the deadline?

I know this seems like a reactionary post based on yesterday's performance, but I have been thinking about it for a few weeks as the likelihood of the Tribe still contending during the trade deadline has increased.

Fausto is still owed just under 7 million for next year, with club options for 2012-2014 thereafter. Keep in mind that 7 million is still a decent bargain for an MLB starter. For example, Jake Westbrook will be making 8+ million a year for the next few years as a Cardinal.

It seems to me, with our (relative) wealth of guys ready to make the step up to the big leagues from AAA (Jeanmar, McAllister, White) that Fausto is extremely expendable. If we do make the playoffs this year, would Fausto even be one of our top three pitchers going into that first round?

Yes he does.
No we shouldn't.
Yes he would.

What I meant to say was:
No he doesn't.
Yes we should.
[Jim Mora]Playoffs?[/Jim Mora]

^This. Thread over
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby GtX11 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:10 am

No he does not but he has to go.
Wait Until Next Year, but I have been saying this since 1948
GtX11

Favorite Player: Rocky Colavito
Least Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona

Unread postby Spanky » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:15 pm

He makes too much to sit. I'm convinced he doesn't actually know how to pitch, he just throws the ball and hopes for the best. In his interviews you can tell he has no idea what he's talking about and that's not because his english is poor, he's just clueless. As for the Santana debate, yes, he's a cocky piece of shit who has no idea how to catch. Lou beats him behind the plate in every way.
Spanky

Favorite Player: Omar
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Spanky wrote:He makes too much to sit. I'm convinced he doesn't actually know how to pitch, he just throws the ball and hopes for the best. In his interviews you can tell he has no idea what he's talking about and that's not because his english is poor, he's just clueless. As for the Santana debate, yes, he's a cocky piece of shit who has no idea how to catch. Lou beats him behind the plate in every way.

- Agree with you on Carmona. I just dont think the guy is to bright. Million dollar arm, two cent brain. His defining moment as an Indian to me will always be beating the shit out of Gary Sheffeild.

- In all fairness Marson has always been the better defensive catcher. Santana has never been a great back stop. I agree its time to consider moving him to 1st base. He just doenst seem to have the moxie required to catch. I dont think he works the staff very well either. But thats hard to prove. Hopefully Chen is legit.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:31 pm

He is just so inconsistent. Last year he was pretty good, kind got it back. Looked solid. He even looked pretty good this year until about 2o or so innings ago. Then the wheels fell off again.

I dont think we should get rid of him because the talent is there, his contract is cheap, and pitching is too important to just give up on. If the front office feels he is still salvageable then he shouldnt be going anywhere.

Yeah its incredibly frustrating but its not impossible he turns it around again.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB