Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Zach MCallister

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Zach MCallister

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Does anyone think he may be getting the call here pretty soon? A few things have me thinking it may be sooner than we think( which I could be way off base on)

- The injury to White
- The injuries to Carrasco and Talbot. Both looked horrid after coming off the DL(which is almost to be expected) I think Mitch would be a nice candidate for the pen as the long man very soon.
- Zach is strait dealing in Columbus
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=mcalli001zac

I think realistically we can expect one of Talbot and Carlos to get it together here soon as they get back in the swing of things. Im pessimistic of Talbot as I dont think he has much upside beside what we have already seen. Hopefully by the end of the year we can have a rotation of-

Masterson
Carmona
Tomlin
White
MCallister

I hope CarCar can put it together though as he has really good stuff. But Im not holding my breath. Whats everyone's thoughts on this inevitable decision coming in the next few months. Again Im not advocating changes NOW, but its hard to ignore how well Zach has pitched.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Re: Zach MCallister

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 27, 2011 9:04 pm

McAllister is the next guy I'd like to see. I would have bet on Gomez but he's just a freaking mess right now.

Usually I'd think that Talbot would have a fairly long leash, but I bet the Indians contention has made it significantly shorter.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone higher on the list if the Tribe needs a starter. The clamoring will be loud for Pomeranz, but I don't expect to see him any time soon.

I think Zach is next. What say you Al?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Hes another guy who is hard to judge as far as potential goes. He looks like a very strong back of the rotation starter to me, with MOR potential. The few times Ive watched him this year he has been mighty impressive. Excellent command with pretty decent stuff. With this looking more and more like a playoff year I would be surprised to see them stick with Talbot if he keeps struggling. This is where the Alex White injury really hurts as he was looking mighty impressive.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 am

Funny you should mention Zach, as he was my "featured guy" on ATF yesterday: http://theclevelandfan.com/hitting-the- ... arm-may-26

Like I said in ATF, I love what he's done this year. Going into 2011, I had Kluber ahead of him in my prospect rankings. That's looking like a worse and worse decision with every start each of them makes. McAllister has been really good and really consistent. I still think he's behind Gomez in the eyes of the org, but I'd be 100% onboard with him getting a shot the next time we need a starter from AAA.

I think he has the potential to be a solid, innings-eating #4 starter, which is more than I could say last year.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat May 28, 2011 9:27 am

Let's hope he does better than the last Zach to wear a Tribe uni

"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sat May 28, 2011 11:04 pm

I saw him pitch on thursday down here in Norfolk when they beat the Tides.

He looked good or as good as I could tell he was from my seat by the right field foul pole, however the Tides minor league offense is absolutely atrocious, but he has been good all year so far so he might be for real so he probably does deserve the next call up in the event of an injury or if Mitch Talbot is not effective.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB