Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Valbuena

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Valbuena

Unread postby Spanky » Thu May 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Got called up today. Thoughts?
Spanky

Favorite Player: Omar
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Re: Valbuena

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu May 19, 2011 5:03 pm

He's shit
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu May 19, 2011 5:10 pm

A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Hafner go on the DL or someone else sent down?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu May 19, 2011 5:18 pm

peeker643 wrote:Hafner go on the DL or someone else sent down?

Germano DFA. OCab in South Carolina to become US Citizen. Needed another bat, probably didn't want to waste the option on Phelps prior to the Super Two deadline.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Bigfist » Thu May 19, 2011 6:19 pm

My guess is that Valbuena is here until Talbot is off the DL. Then Talbot goes to long relief (Germano's old spot) and White stays in the rotation. Valbuena goes back to Columbus when Talbot is activated.

OTHOH, I suppose if the bullpen is used a lot before Talbot is activated, then Herrmann could be recalled and Valbuena sent down.
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Unread postby huber14 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:41 pm

who takes Germano's place on the 40 man?
huber14

Favorite Player: none
Least Favorite Player: LeBron

Unread postby Bigfist » Fri May 20, 2011 6:15 am

huber14 wrote:who takes Germano's place on the 40 man?

Lots of stuff to be determined yet. But if either Buck or Hafner go on the DL, then I think that Carrera would get that spot (he is not presently on the 40 man roster), as he was removed from the Columbus lineup last night. Not sure what happens if both Hafner and Buck go on the DL.

The moves seem to indicate that Talbot is headed to long relief when he returns.
Bigfist

Unread postby paulcousineau » Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 am

Bigfist wrote:

Lots of stuff to be determined yet. But if either Buck or Hafner go on the DL, then I think that Carrera would get that spot (he is not presently on the 40 man roster), as he was removed from the Columbus lineup last night. Not sure what happens if both Hafner and Buck go on the DL.

The moves seem to indicate that Talbot is headed to long relief when he returns.

Zeke Carrera is, in fact, already on the 40-man.
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Unread postby huber14 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:12 am

Hey Carrera is on the 40 man. I hope the put Chisenhall on it and we finally get to see what this kid has.
huber14

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri May 20, 2011 11:13 am

huber14 wrote:Hey Carrera is on the 40 man. I hope they put Chisenhall on it and we finally get to see what this kid has.

So let me get this straight: you want to see what a kid has by displacing the guy who has arguably shown the best leather at the hot corner in the entire AL while doing it for the best team in the AL? Got it.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby huber14 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:53 am

You would rather start a guy who has gone 5/32 lately? With Sizemore and Pronk out and with Choo and Santana not producing the Indians offense is terrible. Show me a team with great defense that can't score runs and I'll show you a loser.
huber14

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 20, 2011 11:56 am

huber14 wrote:You would rather start a guy who has gone 5/32 lately? With Sizemore and Pronk out and with Choo and Santana not producing the Indians offense is terrible. Show me a team with great defense that can't score runs and I'll show you a loser.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310516107&teams=cleveland-indians-vs-kansas-city-royals
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Bigfist » Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 pm

paulcousineau wrote:
Bigfist wrote:

Zeke Carrera is, in fact, already on the 40-man.

You guys are right..he is already on the 40 man roster. How about Jerad Head? He has been tearing things up..not really sure he is much of a prospect, but could be added to the 40 man if needed, as it only stands at 39 right now.
Bigfist

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri May 20, 2011 12:34 pm

huber14 wrote:You would rather start a guy who has gone 5/32 lately? With Sizemore and Pronk out and with Choo and Santana not producing the Indians offense is terrible. Show me a team with great defense that can't score runs and I'll show you a loser.

Can't score runs meaning 2nd in the AL in runs scored, 5th in hits, 4th in HR, 1st in batting average, 2nd in team OPS? We also faced a murderes row of pitching in 7 of our last 14 games dating back to the west coast trip in which we played + .500 ball. 5/32 is your example to take out Hannahan for an unproven kid who has only recently started to look like the guy we think he might be? I'll admit, Chiz has been raking over the past couple of weeks and has brought his BA up to a respectable .280 and a + OPS of .800., but you don't take a solid guy like Jack out when this team is winning right now. If we're having this conversation 2 months from now and Hannahan is hitting around the Mendoza line and Chiz is hitting +.300 with xx/xx 2B/HR, I might be on board.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby Toxicadam » Fri May 20, 2011 1:28 pm

As far as I'm concerned Valbuena >> Everett. So, I really hope Luis performs well and sticks as our UI for the rest of the season.

I'm really amped if Zeke Carrera gets a shot. We need another speedy OF'er. Someone who can pinch run late in the game, or spell Brantley/Sizemore in CF.
Toxicadam

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Fri May 20, 2011 3:07 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310516107&teams=cleveland-indians-vs-kansas-city-royals

How many runs they score the last two nights against real pitching?

I expect them to beat up on the Royals, but they've been on the losing end of some pretty good pitching performances this season. Maybe not a huge issue right now, but if this team is to be considered legit, they're going to have to start beating top of the rotation guys a bit more, espeically, dare I say it, come playoff time.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby TonyIPI » Mon May 23, 2011 9:59 am

FYI, but the open 40-man spot will likely go to Jared Goedert who is currently on the 60-day DL and has to come off on May 31. Outside shot they use it in the meantime on Phelps/Huffman/Head in the meantime and then figure out the Goedert roster issue after....but right now Goedert is the 40-man addition coming to fill the open spot.
Follow me on Twitter: @TonyIPI
STOHD.com blog: http://www.stohd.com/Blogs/MinorHappenings.aspx
2011 Indians Top 100 Prospects and More book now available: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2 ... -book.html
TonyIPI

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Trevor Crowe

Unread postby huber14 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=310524105
http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=310521105
http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=310518104
http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=310519104

oh and how about that error tonight?
huber14

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB