Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

What is a ROOGY who can't get RH hitters out?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

What is a ROOGY who can't get RH hitters out?

Unread postby paulcousineau » Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Of the 29 RH hitters that Joe Smith has faced this year, 12 have reached base, with 2 doubles in there. If this guy's role on the team is to get out RH hitters and he's not doing it, am I wrong to assume that he's not long for the 25-man if this continues?
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Re: What is a ROOGY who can't get RH hitters out?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm

paulcousineau wrote:Of the 29 RH hitters that Joe Smith has faced this year, 12 have reached base, with 2 doubles in there. If this guy's role on the team is to get out RH hitters and he's not doing it, am I wrong to assume that he's not long for the 25-man if this continues?

I just wonder if the Indians have thought of having Smith throw BP to Kearns in a contract/dfa death match.

One of them would have to show they could hit or pitch, no?

I could see Smith and kearns hitting the dusty highway. OI could also see Germano going if only to keep Smith and see if he can find himself.

And somewhere, tongue in cheek and whistling past the graveyard, Chad Durbin is minding his own business and not calling one bit of attention to himself.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby scrambler » Thu May 19, 2011 4:34 pm

You're looking at it all wrong. He's been successful 17 out of 29 times. Baby steps. He'll get better as he can't get much worse. He's had a few good moments this year, and I remember two of those were hit off of home plate in Anaheim one Sunday.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu May 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Reminds me of that year we had Karsay, Rincon, and Shuey (I think those three) who were lights out, and everyone else three beach balls.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu May 19, 2011 4:55 pm

paulcousineau wrote:Of the 29 RH hitters that Joe Smith has faced this year, 12 have reached base, with 2 doubles in there. If this guy's role on the team is to get out RH hitters and he's not doing it, am I wrong to assume that he's not long for the 25-man if this continues?

They'll keep blaming it on how he missed Spring Training, so he was so much behind the other guys.

Worst part for me is that the first hitter he faces is 4-for-9. That and 63% of inherited runners have scored. Last year, it was 17%.

They'll give him another month to hang himself. If he does, he'll either fall behind Durbin or be let go.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB