Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Sizemore Leaves Park in Street Clothes

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Sizemore Leaves Park in Street Clothes

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Not good:

MLBastian Jordan Bastian
Sizemore out of lineup. Told reporters he didn't have time to talk. Just left ballpark in street clothes. More on mlb.com when I have more.

Adam and I noticed how slowly he got up after that slide into 2B late in the game that gave Asdrubal an RBI infield hit.

Not lost on us either how it was a slide into @B that caused his original injury.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Sizemore Leaves Park in Street Clothes

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:16 pm

No
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed May 11, 2011 4:29 pm

My vote is for personal family issue. God please let it be a personal family issue that doesn't involve someone being dead.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed May 11, 2011 4:33 pm

He's getting an MRI on his right knee. Jammed it on the slide last night. TJ Zuppe says reports sound like it's precautionary.

I have an inquiry into a source of mine. Hoping to hear back.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:40 pm

cozmeesah wrote:He's getting an MRI on his right knee. Jammed it on the slide last night. TJ Zuppe says reports sound like it's precautionary.

I have an inquiry into a source of mine. Hoping to hear back.

Precautionary MRI's at 4:30 on gameday scare me. I would think they could have done it this morning if it were purely precautionary. This makes me think he came to the park and either couldn't get it loose or felt pain/movement.

I should clarify that the above statement is purely, 100% a WAG on my part.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby redneckofsc » Wed May 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Anyone need anymroe proof God hates Cleveland?
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Again, good news is it's right knee and not the surgically repaired left knee.

Again, bad news is this is how he effed up his left knee and the last thing dude needs is a matching set of micro-surgery scars.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:Again, good news is it's right knee and not the surgically repaired left knee.

Again, bad news is this is how he effed up his left knee and the last thing dude needs is a matching set of micro-surgery scars.

I wouldn't think it would be microfracture if it was so bad he needed surgery. He injured the left knee by banging it against his left leg and then the ground. I don't think it would be the same injury.

I don't think he was going to be in the lineup tonight regardless, having played 4 straight games and a tough LHP on the mound. My guess is that they were going to see how he felt when he came in today, checked it out and, since he has a history and wasn't going to play tonight anyway, they decided to send him for an MRI just to be safe.

FWIW, Hoynsie says:

Injury to Grady Sizemore's r knee injury not believed to be serious.

They might just not want to even take a chance with him.

ETA: Bastian's temporary blog about it: http://bastian.mlblogs.com/2011/05/11/s ... ight-knee/

Acta said the MRI was precautionary to give Sizemore “peace of mind” after what he has gone through injury-wise over the past year.
cozmeesah

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed May 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Huh. Means we need somebody else to feebly roll over a 1-0 pitch with a runner on 3rd less than 2 out. Who will step up?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:05 pm

cozmeesah wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Again, good news is it's right knee and not the surgically repaired left knee.

I wouldn't think it would be microfracture if it was so bad he needed surgery. He injured the left knee by banging it against his left leg and then the ground. I don't think it would be the same injury.

I don't think he was going to be in the lineup tonight regardless, having played 4 straight games and a tough LHP on the mound. My guess is that they were going to see how he felt when he came in today, checked it out and, since he has a history and wasn't going to play tonight anyway, they decided to send him for an MRI just to be safe.

FWIW, Hoynsie says:

Injury to Grady Sizemore's r knee injury not believed to be serious.

They might just not want to even take a chance with him.

ETA: Bastian's temporary blog about it: http://bastian.mlblogs.com/2011/05/11/s ... ight-knee/

Acta said the MRI was precautionary to give Sizemore “peace of mind” after what he has gone through injury-wise over the past year.

Are you a mom Coz? Because you're making me feel a bit better. I'm still not sold though. They didn't think a slide into 2B 2 years ago would sideline him for a few hundred games.

But still, keep it up. Your posts are like grilled cheese and tomato soup right now. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed May 11, 2011 5:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:Are you a mom Coz? Because you're making me feel a bit better. I'm still not sold though. They didn't think a slide into 2B 2 years ago would sideline him for a few hundred games.

But still, keep it up. Your posts are like grilled cheese and tomato soup right now. ;-) ;) :wink:

No, I'm doing it to make myself feel better actually. Because I'm real close to freaking out right now. :lmfao: But I'm glad I'm helping someone else. Hopefully it's not wishful thinking.

I don't know what to think. Acta says the team's medical staff doesn't think it's serious. But then the guy from Let's Go Tribe's source (a non-team source who said a bit before Bastian that he would be getting MRI today) says they are worried and that symptoms seem like it did at first with the other knee last year. Hard to tell about "sources" but it's also hard to tell with what teams are willing to say about their players.

FWIW, the LGT guy with the source even says this:
No, absolutely not [trying to mess with anyone]. I’m not an Indians reporter here, and Bastian and Hoynes have team sources. I choose to believe they’re nervous based solely on his history, and that Grady will be fine. And without tests, no reasons to think otherwise.

We'll see. I'm not that worried about the Tribe without him, though it does hurt to not have him around. I just hope for GRADY'S sake that it's not serious. That poor guy has got to be going crazy right about now, and if he's out for an extended period again... who knows how he'll handle it?

It's possible that something is wrong, but it's also possible it's just a small tweak and they are being overly careful with a star player who had a lot of problems the last couple years.
cozmeesah

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Wed May 11, 2011 5:23 pm

redneckofsc wrote:Anyone need anymroe proof God hates Cleveland?

No.

Buddy I play softball with had microfracture surgery last year. Played last night with him, his first game since the surgery. As he said to the rest of us schlepps he plays with, "They only do this on premier athletes." He's in great shape. The rest of us, well, aren't.

Anyway, he went in expecting to only have ACL surgery. They did microfracture. He wasn't real happy about it when he woke up, but he seems to have recovered fine. He's a big crazy and gung-ho, so he's taking it slow. Hit a triple last night, though he joked it would have been a HR pre-surgery.

Plus he just turned 40. He said they won't do it in people 40 or over because they don't grow back the cells or whatever the cracking of the bones is supposed to do. So he just made it under the wire. I, on the other hand, will never be allowed to have it.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Wed May 11, 2011 5:56 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Huh. Means we need somebody else to feebly roll over a 1-0 pitch with a runner on 3rd less than 2 out. Who will step up?

I wouldn't be that harsh, but looking on the bright side, we were still winning without Grady in our lineup.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby bookelly » Wed May 11, 2011 6:03 pm

They're saying right knee? Cause it looked from the slide that he certainly slid hard and hit the bag with that knee but it bent. What worried me at the time was how hard his left knee hit the bag. If it's his right knee I must say that's encouraging news.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Chicks dig scars.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Wed May 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Chicks dig scars.

And nude photos. :hide:

If it was really serious he shouldn't/wouldn't have finished the game last night right?
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Chicks dig scars.

And nude photos. :hide:

If it was really serious he shouldn't/wouldn't have finished the game last night right?

Who knows? It certainly wouldn't be a Santana-like knee thing since he stayed in the game. But it was still sore this morning.

If you watch the video of the slide that knee didn't hit anything, but it could have been twisted/tweaked just a little bit. Hopefully it's just a slight knee strain at worst.
Last edited by cozmeesah on Thu May 12, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cozmeesah

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed May 11, 2011 6:46 pm

More quotes from Acta in Hoynsie's piece on CleCom:

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ss ... right.html

"Grady banged his knee on second base Tuesday," said manager Manny Acta. "So he's going out today, for some peace of mind, to get a picture (MRI) taken.

"He jammed it on the bag when he slid. Our medical staff doesn't think it's anything serious. For his peace of mind, and today is a good day to give him a day off against a left-handed pitcher (David Price), we're just taking some precautions with him."

Sizemore finished Tuesday's game.

"When he woke up, it was a little sore," said Acta. "When you jam your knee on the bag, it's not going to go right away. We did this to clear his head after what he's gone through with the other knee."

Soooo ... there ya go. Take it for what it's worth. Hopefully it really is just them being overly cautious.

Bastian's article: http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/a ... e&c_id=cle

Quote for Al, who was wondering why it wasn't done this morning:

"It was scheduled from yesterday just to give him some peace of mind because of what he's gone through with the other knee."

"He felt good enough to continue to play," Acta said. "When he woke up, basically it was a little sore. When you jam your knee on a bag, it's not going to go away right away."
cozmeesah

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed May 11, 2011 10:16 pm

tribeinsider tweet from 16 minutes ago, and Manny just said same thing on postgame:

Mri confirms no structural damage to right knee. Day to day with a right knee contusion #Indians #goodnews

Glad that it's not any ligament/meniscus issues. Phew.
cozmeesah

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu May 12, 2011 2:09 am

skatingtripods wrote:Huh. Means we need somebody else to feebly roll over a 1-0 pitch with a runner on 3rd less than 2 out. Who will step up?

austin kearns is just the man to do it!!! yeah, right. :pb:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:42 am

cozmeesah wrote:More quotes from Acta in Hoynsie's piece on CleCom:

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ss ... right.html

"Grady banged his knee on second base Tuesday," said manager Manny Acta. "So he's going out today, for some peace of mind, to get a picture (MRI) taken.

"He jammed it on the bag when he slid. Our medical staff doesn't think it's anything serious. For his peace of mind, and today is a good day to give him a day off against a left-handed pitcher (David Price), we're just taking some precautions with him."

Sizemore finished Tuesday's game.

"When he woke up, it was a little sore," said Acta. "When you jam your knee on the bag, it's not going to go right away. We did this to clear his head after what he's gone through with the other knee."

Soooo ... there ya go. Take it for what it's worth. Hopefully it really is just them being overly cautious.

Bastian's article: http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/a ... e&c_id=cle

Quote for Al, who was wondering why it wasn't done this morning:

"It was scheduled from yesterday just to give him some peace of mind because of what he's gone through with the other knee."

"He felt good enough to continue to play," Acta said. "When he woke up, basically it was a little sore. When you jam your knee on a bag, it's not going to go away right away."

Makes sense to me. Collective exhale....
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Always leery of the team news from the guys that brought you the info that Talbot was just set back a turn because of an off day. ;-) ;) :wink:

Sounds less serious than I feared though.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 12, 2011 1:11 pm

I have yet to see or hear of a player leaving the park still in uniform, but that's just me.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:14 pm

FUDU wrote:I have yet to see or hear of a player leaving the park still in uniform, but that's just me.

Ray Chapman.

:hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Thu May 12, 2011 1:15 pm

FUDU wrote:I have yet to see or hear of a player leaving the park still in uniform, but that's just me.

Jake Taylor left the park in full uniform driving the bullpen car. Duh.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby cozmeesah » Thu May 12, 2011 3:43 pm

peeker643 wrote:Always leery of the team news from the guys that brought you the info that Talbot was just set back a turn because of an off day. ;-) ;) :wink:

Sounds less serious than I feared though.

Heard from someone I know very close to the situation & Grady (non-team source) that it is nothing serious and not to worry. So there's someone not behind the typical "team cover up" mentality saying it's nothing bad. Take that for what it's worth. Image
cozmeesah

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu May 12, 2011 3:44 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Ray Chapman.

That was f-ed up.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu May 12, 2011 3:56 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Ray Chapman.

Too soon, man. Too soon.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB