Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe-Rays 5/10/2011

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Tribe-Rays 5/10/2011

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:18 am

bookelly wrote:Underwood the other day, "Well this game is gonna stay at 2-1, or somebody else is gonna score more runs." Manning, "..."

I didn't know Underwood was related to Tim McCarver.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 am

Oh and what a hell of a game. I was excited, pissed, my fist was pumping, WTF shouts, thrilled, stressed, and relieved that we somehow pulled it off again and won... several times while watching a Tribe game.

God I really did miss those times. Good to be an Indians fan.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed May 11, 2011 8:12 am

XUDawg wrote:Nice win, but embarassing RISP hitting tonight. God awful. They MUST do better. Grow a pair. Hit the ball, boys. Anywhere, just hit it.

No reason the game should have been that close.

It's good to hear Hammy yelling about the winning run.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby pup » Wed May 11, 2011 8:13 am

XUDawg wrote:Nice win, but embarassing RISP hitting tonight. God awful. They MUST do better. Grow a pair. Hit the ball, boys. Anywhere, just hit it.

See, you guys are all missing the greatness. This is a great win for the Tribe. It helps us regress our stats to what everyone says they are supposed to be and adds a victory.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 am

What about Tomlin? This guy is the perfect example for young pitchers out there. He reminds me of how Cliff Lee pitched the last couple of years here, in regards to his command. He goes out there with long relief stuff, and gets #2 results. It's pretty rare, for a guy to master his command like this, and to be so consistent with it.

Ugly game, with all the runners left on base. Seems like the laws of averages, was trying to level our RISP average in one night.

At some point, Carlos is going to go on one of those streaks. I am gonna trust Manny on it, but I do admit, to having very little confidence, when Carlos comes up with a runner on first. One could make a lot of money by betting on him to hit into a double play. The switch by the Rays is telling about him not going with the pitches, and trying to hammer everything into Lake Erie. He is probably over swinging as well. Hitting coach, has his work cut out for him.

Brantley is killing inside pitches. I would love to see his hit rate on inside pitches, if they keep such a thing.

Manny is like a good poker player, who is on a hot streak. He is making great EV+ plays, and getting his cards on the river. Just like a good poker player, will hit some bad runs, I am sure Manny will hit some this year, but that doesn't mean, it will be to poor coaching. I think a good coach, does the obvious, more times an not, and doesn't allow emotions to effect his decisions, a lot like good poker players. When they start outsmarting themselves, and trying to make more out of what is there, they end up in the cashier/unemployment line.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:27 am

skatingtripods wrote:Sorry I took McPeek away from the game thread. He came down and watched the last 4 innings on the Porch with me.

A game we didn't deserve to win thanks to all the blown opportunities, but a win's a win.

Tough go of it tomorrow with Price v. Carrasco, but we've done the improbable so far, time to do it again.

I need to talk Swerb into getting a TCF apartment right downtown. Early wake up calls after 5 hours of umm... almostrain and baseball makes for a tough start the next day.

Worth it. Good talking through the pitch-by-pitch with Adam and hanging with him and Jennifer on the wall (I can't help but see Adama as Nicholson in 'A Few Good Men'- You want him on that wall..you NEED him on that wall).

I thought there was a solid chance for a win when Farnsworth came in with no margin for error. Dude's whole life is lived out of control.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:35 am

Hammy was saying Farnsworth hadn't given up a walk until yesterday, so go figure.

Man,Maddon sure threw the entire bullpen out there, didn't he? And I don't know their pitchers' strengths re: matchups, but he sure didn't seem to be playing for lefty vs. lefty and righty vs. righty.

Maybe TCF can ppopularize Capsule Hotels in Cleveland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_hotel
"Certain visitors (especially on weekdays) are too inebriated to safely travel to their homes, or too embarrassed to face their spouses."
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 am

peeker643 wrote:I need to talk Swerb into getting a TCF apartment right downtown. Early wake up calls after 5 hours of umm... almostrain and baseball makes for a tough start the next day.

At least you made it home safe. That's good to hear.

Worth it. Good talking through the pitch-by-pitch with Adam and hanging with him and Jennifer on the wall (I can't help but see Adama as Nicholson in 'A Few Good Men'- You want him on that wall..you NEED him on that wall).

Yeah, hope I didn't annoy the piss out of you. It's nice to have somebody to talk strategically about the game with. Jennifer's not too keen on the pitch-by-pitch, hit-and-run kind of stuff.

I've been in that exact spot for some great things. Hoping there are many more to come.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB