Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

SI Power Rankings has Tribe #1

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

SI Power Rankings has Tribe #1

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Fri May 06, 2011 4:44 pm

After Tribe games I surf the web looking for the different game wraps. SI actually had us as the headline story on their main webpage with the header "Who ARE These Guys?" :woot: We're Number One in the Power Rankings...for this week.

I realize at the end of the season where we're ranked in early May doesn't amount to a hill of beans but it's still nice to see some national people are finally noticing our Tribe.

If you want to check out how teams leading divisions in May wind up at the end of the season you can read the article here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... mlb_t12_a1
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Re: SI Power Rankings has Tribe #1

Unread postby fairvis » Fri May 06, 2011 6:05 pm

The amount of Major League references that this team can produce over the course of this year if they keep winning will be astounding. Such as the headline for the power rankings...
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 06, 2011 6:24 pm

fairvis wrote:The amount of Major League references that this team can produce over the course of this year if they keep winning will be astounding. Such as the headline for the power rankings...

Yeah, and it ain't even just the Indians players in that movie. I mean, if Chris Perez ain't Duke Temple, I don't what he is. If he was old enough he'd definitely throw at his own son in a father/son game.

I'll have to check out his nose hair.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:32 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
fairvis wrote:The amount of Major League references that this team can produce over the course of this year if they keep winning will be astounding. Such as the headline for the power rankings...

Yeah, and it ain't even just the Indians players in that movie. I mean, if Chris Perez ain't Duke Temple, I don't what he is. If he was old enough he'd definitely throw at his own son in a father/son game.

I'll have to check out his nose hair.

When he sneezes, he looks like a party favor
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm actually using "Wild Thing" Charlie Sheen as my FB avatar right now. My Red Sux fan neighbors hate me. More likely because our record is better than theirs. ImageMwaHaHa
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB