Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Random impressions on Draft Day

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Random impressions on Draft Day

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:18 am

OK, Tomlin has now started 17 games going back to last year and won 10 of them. Should have been 11 if Perez hadn't blown that save last week. I'm officially sold. He's the next Jake Westbrook. Hell, he may be better than Jake.

I thought the Royals might get to him after he shut them down last week, but he was still effective the second time around against a team that is second or third in runs scored so far this year, so that says a lot. He gives you a quality start every time out.

Marson's hitting is 150% better than last year. He's taking everything to right field and getting great results. Rather than try to pull the ball he's waiting longer and making better contact. He's even showing some power with a home run to right center and that sac fly to the warning track last night. If Santana stays below the Mendoza line (by continuing to try and pull everything) they should think about playing Marson more than once a week.

Hannahan is an amazing story so far. I saw a quote from him in spring training where he said he spent the last three years trying to be a power hitter because that's what 3rd basemen are supposed to do. It didn't work so this year he's going back to hitting with his natural style. So far the results are amazing. I'm not counting on him hitting .290 for the season, but he's a different player this year.

LaPorta and Brantley are starting to justify their inclusion in the Sabathia deal. LaPorta has been solid at 1st base and his bat is really coming around. He looks relaxed at the plate and is not fishing nearly as much as last year. Brantley just looks like a veteran out there - nothing phases him. The one thing he needs to work on is stealing bases. With his speed he should be doing more of that. Choo needs to give him some lessons.

Speaking of Choo, he had two opposite field hits last night, one a double off the wall. He's coming out of his slump by hitting up the middle and going the other way. Maybe Santana should pay attention to what Choo and Marson are doing.

Tribe All-Star candidates so far: Masterson, Tomlin, and Sizemore. Pronk has a shot hitting .347 but he's a DH and doesn't have the big HR and RBI numbers so that works against him. Hannahan would probably get named if the selection was today, but I don't expect him to keep hitting like this. Long shot - Vinnie Pestano, but only if Acta makes him the setup guy over Sipp.

It's NFL Draft day and the Tribe is all alone in first place. It don't get much better than this in Cleveland.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Re: Randon impressions on Draft Day

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:18 am

This Indians team is so likable. Was at a bar in Tremont last night ... people were going crazy. While it hasn't yet reflected in the attendance, the team has the town's attention.

It's really exhilirating to see all of these young players playing at or above expectations. And veteran grinder guys like Hannahan, OCab, Duncan, Buck ... also performing.

It is early, yes. The team and some of the individual performances are unlikley to keep up. But one thing is clear - this team is a helluva lot better than we all thought they'd be.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby statmasta » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:00 am

swerb wrote:This Indians team is so likable. Was at a bar in Tremont last night ... people were going crazy. While it hasn't yet reflected in the attendance, the team has the town's attention.

It's really exhilirating to see all of these young players playing at or above expectations. And veteran grinder guys like Hannahan, OCab, Duncan, Buck ... also performing.

It is early, yes. The team and some of the individual performances are unlikley to keep up. But one thing is clear - this team is a helluva lot better than we all thought they'd be.

The great thing about the bolded part is that it goes both ways. Sure, there are guys playing above their heads that will come back to earth (Hannahan, Masterson, Tomlin), but when that happens the team should be picked up by the guys going the opposite direction: vastly underperforming and bound to get hot (Choo, Santana, Carmona).
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: Random impressions on Draft Day

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:13 am

My favorite stats from this year: Indians are currently #1 in run differential in the majors. And maybe even more impressive, the Indians, as a team, have struck out the 7th fewest times in the league. In 2010 they were had the 10th most strikeouts and were in the bottom 10 in run differential.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:46 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:My favorite stats from this year: Indians are currently #1 in run differential in the majors. And maybe even more impressive, the Indians, as a team, have struck out the 7th fewest times in the league. In 2010 they were had the 10th most strikeouts and were in the bottom 10 in run differential.

Four of their eight losses were by one run! And another loss was by two runs. They have only been hammered in 3 out of 23 games so far, and two came on the first two days of the season. So in 19 of their last 21 games they either won or lost by one run!

This really is a solid team. Even guys who don't play much like Duncan, Marson and Everett have been productive when they get a chance. And Grady has given them a huge lift since his return with a 1.300 OPS and improved defense in center field.

The question now is whether can they keep it up with two starters on the DL and the back end of the bullpen showing some cracks in the last week.

It helps that nobody else in the A.L. Central is over .500. I still fear the Twins, though. That's a great team when everybody is healthy. They were injured and on the road most of April. As soon as Mauer gets back I expect them to start rolling.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:50 am

So in 19 of their last 21 games they either won or lost by one run!

Yeah.... that's not even close to being correct. They've had 6 one-run games this year.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:54 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Yeah.... that's not even close to being correct. They've had 6 one-run games this year.

I thought 4+2=19. Are you telling me that isn't the case?
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 am

Jesus Christ... ::doh::

And Pros, we don't need your 'random thoughts/impressions' every day. All of your thoughts are random. Put them in an existing thread. Better yet, keep them to yourself ;-) ;) :wink:

We also don't need your 'Scouting the ______ ' threads. They're useless and that info can be found in the 'Notes' section of any paper. You looking at the USA Today or sportingnews.com ain't doing anyone any good. In fact, many have sid it makes them physically ill.

Thanks.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:45 am

This Indians team is so likable. Was at a bar in Tremont last night ... people were going crazy. While it hasn't yet reflected in the attendance, the team has the town's attention.

I agree that the city is interested, but it's time for fans to start showing up. I was at the game on Tuesday and to fall short of 5 figure attendance for a 1st place/3rd place game on a beautiful 72 degree night is a joke. The weather is getting better, the stadium's still awesome, tickets are cheap, this is a fun team to watch, and they appear able to stay in the race for a while. By June, any good sports town would have at least 20K out there on weeknights and 30 on weekends. We need to approach that.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:25 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

What I meant was that 19 of their last 21 games they either won the game (by various margins) or lost the game by only one run. I should have worded it better. Sorry for the confusion.

The reason their run differential is #1 is because even when they lose, most of their losses were close games.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:43 pm

peeker643 wrote:And Pros, we don't need your 'random thoughts/impressions' every day. All of your thoughts are random. Put them in an existing thread. Better yet, keep them to yourself ;-) ;) :wink:

Are you banning me from starting any threads? Because I've started exactly three in the last month. At least 90% of my posts already go into existing threads.

We also don't need your 'Scouting the ______ ' threads. They're useless and that info can be found in the 'Notes' section of any paper. You looking at the USA Today or sportingnews.com ain't doing anyone any good.

No problem. That was an experiment to see if anyone was interested in discussing the next opponent. Who's hot, who's cold, which pitching matchups are in our favor, you know, baseball stuff. Apparently nobody was interested. Much more fun to pick apart my post. Won't happen again.

In fact, many have sid it makes them physically ill.

Does that include you? If it does, I may have to re-think that. ;-) ;) :wink:

Thanks.

Any time. Always happy to hear from my favorite moderator.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm not banning you from anything. I'm asking you to recognize your weaknesses, avoid those, and concentrate on your strengths. Whatever you feel those may be. It's definitely not scouting threads or even starting them at all. They all end in you getting Plutonian Outlier around your neck, with crickets chirping like in the scouting one or like this one.

Badly is typically how they end. That's the word I was looking for.

:cheers:

Prosecutor wrote:
peeker643 wrote:And Pros, we don't need your 'random thoughts/impressions' every day. All of your thoughts are random. Put them in an existing thread. Better yet, keep them to yourself ;-) ;) :wink:

Are you banning me from starting any threads? Because I've started exactly three in the last month. At least 90% of my posts already go into existing threads.

We also don't need your 'Scouting the ______ ' threads. They're useless and that info can be found in the 'Notes' section of any paper. You looking at the USA Today or sportingnews.com ain't doing anyone any good.

No problem. That was an experiment to see if anyone was interested in discussing the next opponent. Who's hot, who's cold, which pitching matchups are in our favor, you know, baseball stuff. Apparently nobody was interested. Much more fun to pick apart my post. Won't happen again.

In fact, many have sid it makes them physically ill.

Does that include you? If it does, I may have to re-think that. ;-) ;) :wink:

Thanks.

Any time. Always happy to hear from my favorite moderator.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:58 pm

statmasta wrote:The great thing about the bolded part is that it goes both ways. Sure, there are guys playing above their heads that will come back to earth (Hannahan, Masterson, Tomlin),

I don't quite agree with this statement. Hannahan is the only one who probably should come back down to earth at some point, although if he truly has tried to change his approach away from being a power hitter, maybe he is a .270 hitter. I guess we'll find out because I think he's taken the 3B for himself this year.

There have been comments about Masterson 'regressing to the mean' at some point, but I don't think that he's really ever gotten to his mean. He's a young kid with a ton of talent that's finally starting to figure it out. If he can keep consistent, he could very well be a #1 type guy. There's a reason Boston inquired about bringing him back last year when he was struggling. He's got the goods, just hadn't had the light come on yet.

Tomlin's not a 1 or a 2 guy, but he's showing that he knows how to pitch, something many big league starters never quite get. He's a sleeper that has done nothing but pitch well and keep his team in games, even when he didn't have his best stuff.

Santana worries me a bit. He's had a ton of hype and a lot of expectations on him from day one. It's clear that pitchers studied him over the winter and have started to hit on his weak spots. He needs to show that he can adjust his approach and stop trying to pull everything. If he can't do that in the next month or two, maybe Marson takes over and he gets more AAA time to get his bat back. He's running a pretty fine line right now, I don't see them giving him all season to struggle with the stick, especially if Marson is at least putting in good ABs.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm not banning you from anything. I'm asking you to recognize your weaknesses, avoid those, and concentrate on your strengths. Whatever you feel those may be. It's definitely not scouting threads or even starting them at all. They all end in you getting Plutonian Outlier around your neck, with crickets chirping like in the scouting one or like this one.

Well, the Twins scouting report thread got 299 views in 18 hours, so I wouldn't exactly call that crickets chirping. And everybody could see who started the thread, so it could have been easily avoided by those who get physically sick by looking at stuff like that. But if trying to organize and present some data on the next opponent is causing folks to lose their cookies, that's easily corrected. Thanks for the advice.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Santana worries me a bit. He's had a ton of hype and a lot of expectations on him from day one. It's clear that pitchers studied him over the winter and have started to hit on his weak spots. He needs to show that he can adjust his approach and stop trying to pull everything. If he can't do that in the next month or two, maybe Marson takes over and he gets more AAA time to get his bat back. He's running a pretty fine line right now, I don't see them giving him all season to struggle with the stick, especially if Marson is at least putting in good ABs.

I can't see them sending him down unless he continues to flounder for at least a couple more months. I think he's going through the same progression Brantley and a lot of other rookies go through.

Brantley came up at the end of 2009 and hit .313 in 112 ABs. In 2010 he hit .118 in April and was sent down. He came back after the break and hit .284. This year he's at .291.

Santana hit .345 his first three weeks until pitchers got a book on him, and they've been toying with him ever since. Like Brantley, I expect him to adjust and hit much better in the second half. On second thought they might send him down like they did with Brantley and LaPorta last year, but as long as the team is winning I think they'll stick with him. Acta said he's not overmatched, unlike Brantley was last April.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:33 pm

My fridge door gets opened about 300 times a day too. Know how often my kids take out the leftover broccoli? None.

You're the leftover broccoli.

People open the door and look, shake their heads and shudder, and then move on.

Prosecutor wrote:

Well, the Twins scouting report thread got 299 views in 18 hours, so I wouldn't exactly call that crickets chirping. And everybody could see who started the thread, so it could have been easily avoided by those who get physically sick by looking at stuff like that. But if trying to organize and present some data on the next opponent is causing folks to lose their cookies, that's easily corrected. Thanks for the advice.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:12 pm

peeker643 wrote:My fridge door gets opened about 300 times a day too. Know how often my kids take out the leftover broccoli? None.

Prosecutor wrote:
I'm not banning you from anything......

Well, the Twins scouting report thread got 299 views in 18 hours, so I wouldn't exactly call that crickets chirping......

Boys, boys, what is it with you two? If there's a backstory I probably don't want to know. Do you have to have your schoolyard fight in public? I thought that's what the PM button is for...

BTW, leftover broccoli is good enough if you heat it with a piece of melty cheese. After all, EVERYTHING is better with cheese! Image (I suggest Velveeta!)

FWIW, I'm sure lots of us read and appreciate information we find on threads; just because we don't comment doesn't mean reading was a waste of time. If ya don't want to bother with someone's ramblings just don't read. Kinda simple, actually. Image
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:27 pm

You wouldn't eat brocoli if it was deep fried and covered in chocolate sauce.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Actually, TGIFriday's had deep-fried broccoli. Packed with spicy cheese first, then breaded and fried. It was great! Not too sure about the chocolate sauce over it though (and I have Hershey syrup running through my veins).
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:34 pm

I read Pros' stuff. Don't always agree, but I read it. Your stuff too, peek. More is better.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Pros=ramlov?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 pm

bac5665 wrote:I read Pros' stuff. Don't always agree, but I read it. Your stuff too, peek. More is better.

That's two for Pros and the rest for no more Pros. :dingle:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:40 pm

pup wrote:Pros=ramlov?

Don't know they're the same but they may as well be.

It appears the folks who have seen his show longer are a lot less inlcined to see more.

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Am I Here Again? wrote:Actually, TGIFriday's had deep-fried broccoli. Packed with spicy cheese first, then breaded and fried. It was great! Not too sure about the chocolate sauce over it though (and I have Hershey syrup running through my veins).

Doesnt the fact that it is deep fried and stuffed with cheese, cancel out the fact that you are eating brocolli?
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm

But I LIKE broccoli! And asparagus. And Brussels sprouts. Weird, I know. ;-) ;) :wink:
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:57 pm

I was with you until Brussels sprouts. Then you lost me.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:10 pm

^^Saute bacon. Remove bacon (everything is better with bacon, too) and saute mushrooms until brown. Add back the bacon and the lightly steamed sprouts along with a good portion of garlic powder and dried tarragon. Heat through and eat. Even better the next day so don't overcook the sprouts. Even our kids LOVED them!
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:20 pm

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:Pros=ramlov?

Don't know they're the same but they may as well be.

It appears the folks who have seen his show longer are a lot less inlcined to see more.

;-) ;) :wink:

I mean...it's turned into a thread about deep-fried veggies. I think that says it all at this point.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Anyone ever tried those deepr fried green beans from Applebees? They are pretty decent. And let me make it clear, I did not pick Applebees, someone else did, and I had no choice. I try my best to stay away from these white trash restaurants like Applebees, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Outback.

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:06 pm

For the record, I'm not ramilov or anybody else. If I do change my name it will either be Plutonian Outlier or Leftover Broccoli.

This thread is turning into something out of the Food Network. I'm getting hungry. Time to start focusing on the Browns draft anyway. I'll be checking in on the Tribe between picks, though. Fausto needs to get back on track tonight. The way to contend is to split with your opponents in their house and sweep them at home. A win tonight gets it done.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:37 pm

redneckofsc wrote:Anyone ever tried those deepr fried green beans from Applebees? They are pretty decent. And let me make it clear, I did not pick Applebees, someone else did, and I had no choice. I try my best to stay away from these white trash restaurants like Applebees, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Outback.

Never been to an Applebee's that does that. TGI Fridays does, though. If that's what you mean.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Peeker,

I am a frequent lurker on this board and you are out of line. I have been reading Prosecutor's takes here and on the PF scout browns board for going on 10 years. Some of his takes are good and some I disagree with. Please let me read his takes in peace. I'll decide for myself which takes I agree with and which I don't. I won't have this unreasonable bullying or I'll stop reading this board. Thanks.
People call it 'vision.' I call it running away.
-Josh Cribbs
rawdawgexpress

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:08 pm

rawdawgexpress wrote: I won't have this unreasonable bullying or I'll stop reading this board. Thanks.

I will tell you that Peeks doesn't care!

I eagerly await Peekers reply.... this should be fun.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Just want to say I'm not rawdawgexpress, either.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 pm

rawdawgexpress wrote:Peeker,

I am a frequent lurker on this board and you are out of line. I have been reading Prosecutor's takes here and on the PF scout browns board for going on 10 years. Some of his takes are good and some I disagree with. Please let me read his takes in peace. I'll decide for myself which takes I agree with and which I don't. I won't have this unreasonable bullying or I'll stop reading this board. Thanks.

Daz is right. I truly don't care where you lurk and where you don't participate. I am happy that you'll have an alternative place to follow Pros's ramblings if it ever comes to that though. That's great!! :thumb up:

And I hadn't realized there was a disruption to you reading Prosecutor in peace actually. That must have been traumatic. But to sum up, you've been reading him for years and rarely post and you're threatening to continue not posting or not to lurk anymore?

I'm thinking I can likely live with that really. No offense.

So I think it's infinity to 3 if my calculations are correct Pros. Are you married to Rawdawgexpress or related in any way? ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:44 pm

This is one of the funniest things i've read.

You hear that, Peek? He won't have it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 pm

"Are you married to Rawdawgexpress or related in any way?"

I just checked with my wife and she says she's not rawdawg. I haven't checked with all the relatives yet.

So you think there are an infinite number of lurking members who agree with you that I'm leftover broccoli but they just haven't gotten around to chiming in yet? Interesting.

Can we get back to talking about baseball now? Last I checked the Indians were doing pretty good.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:50 pm

We can go back to talking about broccoli.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Prosecutor wrote:"Are you married to Rawdawgexpress or related in any way?"

I just checked with my wife and she says she's not rawdawg. I haven't checked with all the relatives yet.

So you think there are an infinite number of lurking members who agree with you that I'm leftover broccoli but they just haven't gotten around to chiming in yet? Interesting.

Can we get back to talking about baseball now? Last I checked the Indians were doing pretty good.

I'm with CDT. If you start a thread about broccoli I will talk as much baseball as time will allow.

And no, I have no comment on (or need for) the lurkers. I'm speaking strictly of active posters. Lurkers come and go with winning sports teams. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:26 am

If Pros has to stop, so does SD.

/thread over.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:46 am

peeker643 wrote:My fridge door gets opened about 300 times a day too. Know how often my kids take out the leftover broccoli? None.

This needs to be recognized.

That's an effing hell of a post.

Whimsical in a way I could only to be ;-)
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:49 am

And at least Rambles is a creepy foreign immigrant. Pros is just stupid.

10 years and running.

rawdawg hasn't ever brought anything to a board either.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:51 am

Listen, sir, I come in to your bookstore daily and sit in your store with my coffee that I brought from the outside, read your books, then place them back on the shelf. Occasionally I will pretend I'm reading when in fact I'm checking out the backside of one of your clerks. If you don't stop with your chicanery, I will no longer take advantate of this free resource, and you will lose a non-customer. Final warning.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:27 pm

gotribe31 wrote:

Listen, sir, I come in to your bookstore daily and sit in your store with my coffee that I brought from the outside, read your books, then place them back on the shelf. Occasionally I will pretend I'm reading when in fact I'm checking out the backside of one of your clerks. If you don't stop with your chicanery, I will no longer take advantate of this free resource, and you will lose a non-customer. Final warning.

Even a lurker should know not to give lip to a mod. Its like me and Starcraft 2. I run at a 50-60 APM, but know well better not to cross a Korean.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby Mentok » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:37 pm

I think i'm out too. Enjoy the season guys.
Mentok

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:45 am

Mentok wrote:I think i'm out too. Enjoy the season guys.

NOOOOOOOO !!!!

I'm sorry. What can I do to keep you from leaving and not adding anything at all to this place?!?

I'll miss you terribly Mentos.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB