Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe vs. KC: 04.26.11

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Tribe vs. KC: 04.26.11

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:I'd put O-Cab 5th just to break up the lefties but other than that...good shout

I thought it was dumb to put 3 lefties in a row in the middle of the order. This however, is much, much dumber. Why in the world would you move Orlando Cabrera UP in the order right now? He's enough of an RK in the 6-hole, thank you very much. I'm sure our cleanup hitter will get plenty of pitches to hit with Uncle Orlando and his sub-.700 OPS waiting in the on deck circle.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 am

I'd be dropping Orly down to 8th in the order. He's hitting .256 with an OBP of only .279. He has walked exactly twice in 82 ABs. You can't walk the guy - he hacks at everything. Last year in nearly 500 ABs he hit .263 with an OBP of .303, so he's right on last year's numbers. He doesn't hit for average or power and he doesn't get on base much. Also, he lacks range at second base. I see a lot of ground balls roll past him as he dives in vain.

He does turn the double play well and he started off strong at the plate, but he's tailed off recently (5 hits in his last 30 ABs) and at age 36 I think last year's numbers are the most we can expect. I think Kipnis or even Phelps will take over at 2nd in the second half. I recall hearing that Orly's been in the playoffs something like six of the last seven years so that's probably what Acta is looking for - somebody with experience on winning teams to lead by word and example. Whether the intangibles and leadership he provides is worth a .260 BA and .280 OBP with power and no range at second remains to be seen.

For now I'd put Santana, Orly, and Hannahan 7th, 8th, and 9th. Santana 7th because they need to take some pressure off him, Orly 8th because he's just not a good hitter, and Hannahan 9th because he's thriving in that spot so don't mess with him.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 am

Sizemore (Ted Williams only with more speed)

No one saw this? Seriously? Or do you all just have Prosecutor on ignore? Maybe you meant Ted Williams, the actual homeless guy, in which case I agree but Jesus Christ, think before you post.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:18 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

No one saw this? Seriously? Or do you all just have Prosecutor on ignore? Maybe you meant Ted Williams, the actual homeless guy, in which case I agree but Jesus Christ, think before you post.

Why, was Ted Williams good or something? :hide:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:48 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

That was a joke. I was referring back to this post on page 1 from BP:

Grady batting Ted Williams style

Coincidently Grady is hitting .406 after last night's game. Does that number look familiar? He's Ted Williams with more speed, at least for the last two weeks. If he keeps this up they may freeze his head someday, too.

Hey, if Underwood is under the weather maybe we could get the homeless Ted Williams to audition for his job. I'll bet he's got a better HR call than "gone to Souvenir City".
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby andrew6586 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

You're right, it is a ridiculous comparison. Williams couldn't carry Grady's jock.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Prosecutor wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

That was a joke. I was referring back to this post on page 1 from BP:

Grady batting Ted Williams style

Coincidently Grady is hitting .406 after last night's game. Does that number look familiar? He's Ted Williams with more speed, at least for the last two weeks. If he keeps this up they may freeze his head someday, too.

Hey, if Underwood is under the weather maybe we could get the homeless Ted Williams to audition for his job. I'll bet he's got a better HR call than "gone to Souvenir City".

Ah, I didn't see the Williams reference on the first page. Makes more sense now.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB