Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Passan on Grady & The Tribe

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Passan on Grady & The Tribe

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:53 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... als_041811

“It’s nice,” Indians manager Manny Acta said, “to have him back.”

Such sentiment filtered throughout the clubhouse of the best team in the major leagues. One more time: Best. Team. In. The. Major. Leagues. Temporarily perhaps, but the Indians pushed their record to 12-4 with a 7-3 victory in 10 innings against their equally surprising AL Central running mates, the Kansas City Royals. Only Colorado matches the Indians’ win-loss mark, though the Rockies have avowed their status as contenders. Cleveland’s beginning-of-the-season surge emerged from nowhere, and they’re left now to prove its staying power.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Passan on Grady & The Tribe

Unread postby comish » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 am

This Top Thrill Dragster sort of start has been phenomenal. I'll admit, after the first two games I was already prepared to go into my summer long Tribe apathy defense mechanism. Don't know how long its gonna last, but damn if it isn't fun so far.

Enjoying the highlights, watching the clock anxiously for the first pitch, and spending time on the game threads akins back to a few years ago with thankfully no Joe Borowski in sight.

Nothing makes the summer better than a competitive Indians team. Hell, I might even go to a game or two.

:pop:
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:42 am

Guys,

Good to be back. I hesitantly ordered my MLB Extra Innings package. Last year was the first summer I did not watch the Indians since the package was started.

I was very down going into the season. I recall reading the paper and thinking, "Jack Hanna who?" and thinking why are we even bothering with Pronk. I am so happy to be eating crow and like the poster above, I too, watch the clock and cannot wait to eat dinner and then sit on the couch and watch the Tribe. I have missed one game -- opening day, due to work. I REALLY enjoyed the Red Sox series, but noticed in Seattle that this team had the makings of something special. The batting of '01...the pitching of '97....this team certainly reminds me of some of the recent era (though I will not push it and go as far as saying '95 or '99).

No matter what, this start has been worthwhile. I was so sick of Wedge and Willis and players like Borowski, Marte, Peralta, Dellichaels, etc. This team we have seems to have an excellent makeup...great chemistry and they look like they're having fun. Meanwhile, Choo, Santana, and LaPorta haven't even hit their stride yet. Great to have Grady back, but glad that Brantley is still getting a shot. We won 11 games WITH him.

I wam already counting down the hours until tonight!
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:53 am

TribeinLA

Good to see you back, hombre. Hope all is well, looks like the Tribe may carry us into fb season this year :cheers:
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:02 pm

bayou, same to you. I hope you're not thinking LSU baseball is over yet. I still feel like we can sneak into Hoover and make a splash as we did last year. vandy is gonna be a bitch of a series though.

Bayou, like you, I saw Drew Pomerantz pitch for Ole Miss when he played us in Alex Box Stadium. I know how excited Clevelanders are about him. He seems to be like Alex White (who we faced in '08) in that both are ready and able to be called upon by September (hopefully to bolster and not replace). I know how much I hated to see Drew pitch against us -- Alex also -- and it will be good to see the Tribe uniform on both of them.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB