Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Good Luck Tony!

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Good Luck Tony!

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:34 am

Here's a Good Luck going out Tonys way.

He's made mention of it on his site(s), a tumor was found.

http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/

Again, Best of Luck Tony!
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."Holy Shit, what a f'in ride!"
The Tribe Zone

Favorite Player: Mattingly
Least Favorite Player: Canseco

Re: Good Luck Tony!

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 am

Amen. Best wishes for the best possible outcome.

The Tribe Zone wrote:Here's a Good Luck going out Tonys way.

He's made mention of it on his site(s), a tumor was found.

http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/

Again, Best of Luck Tony!
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks for posting this, have missed Tony's presence on the boards the past 2 years and now I can send him best wishes directly.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 am

I have always enjoyed Tony's posts, articles, tweets, etc. He is a tireless wealth of knowledge and his work is appreciated by the masses. Seeing that pic in his post of him with his kids really drives it home. Best of luck to you today (or tomorrow) T, we are all hoping for the best for you and your family.

Lache pas la patate, ol boy. Don't give up hope.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Jumbo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 am

Agreed. Good luck, Tony. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:47 am

Good luck man.

My next door neighbor just found out this exact thing a couple weeks ago. She's having surgery on May 5. Crazy coincidence.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:55 am

Thoughts and prayers T ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Damage » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:12 am

I was 29 (Novemeber, 2010) when I was diagnosed with Hodgkins, and am currently undergoing chemo for it. I certainly know how dramatic of an event this can be. No matter the outcome, it sounds like they caught whatever it is early. If it's benign, awesome. If not, he'll get treated and will be fine. You're in my thoughts, Tony
"I must be cruel only to be kind;
Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind."
Damage

Favorite Player: Terrell Brandon
Least Favorite Player: Joe Table

Unread postby Indyan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Tony's information was one thing which brought me here. Best wishes to you!
Indyan

Unread postby Eckersley » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:24 pm

My thoughts & prayers are with you Tony. Keep looking up!
If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Good Luck Tony! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby TonyIPI » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks everyone. I've been humbled at the outpouring of support from you guys, the Indians front office, players, and families, the agents and scouts all over, and fans. A lot of people whom I have never talked to ever, but taking the time to write. I am so appreciative of it, and I truly feel it has helped.

I'm amazed of where I have gone in 72 hours. Having connections and a lot of luck I think helps. Went from the emergency room on Friday for a non-related issue where "a cyst" came up on a CT scan....then in tests on Saturday the cyst was confirmed as a tumor....to going to the doctors on Monday and basically confirming renal cancer (kidney) and scheduling for a partial nephrectomy (part of kidney removed) next Thursday. They are going to try and save 2/3s of the kidney and take out the softball sized tumor. Quite amazing when you see it on the computer from the imaging.

The scary thing is it is completely undetectable. You are not symptomatic until it is too late. Probably have had that thing in there for years, and doctor said it could be in there another ten before I started showing symptoms. Says that kidney cancer is on rise mainly because so many doctors now request CT scans as normal practice when people come in for other issues in order to detect tumors on kidney, pancreas, gall bladder, stomach, etc.

No one ever prepares you for the word cancer. Or any other major disease. Especially when you are in your late-30s. Needless to say I have been scared shitless, though after yesterday am cautiously optimistic things are going to be okay. But wow how the mind and emotions were all over the place on Saturday and Sunday.

A reader who shared their personal plight mentioned how it will change my life. It already has. Have a few old friends who came out of he woodwork to reconnect through this wh I lost touch with in the past for personal reasons....but am happy to be reconnected. Also live for today and focus on the positive things. I'll try to do even more on that with the Indians and other Cleveland teams going forward. Lifes too short to be pissed off all the time at everything, no matter how bad it gets.

Thanks again though for the kind words. I'm truly humbled and grateful.
Follow me on Twitter: @TonyIPI
STOHD.com blog: http://www.stohd.com/Blogs/MinorHappenings.aspx
2011 Indians Top 100 Prospects and More book now available: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2 ... -book.html
TonyIPI

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Trevor Crowe

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 am

Tony, You've been crossing my mind a lot the last few days. Sorry to hear that it is cancer, but glad to hear that it sounds operable and was caught relatively early. Are you going to need Chemo or anything?

Just to echo, you'l be in my (and a whole lot of people's) thoughts and prayers.

BTW - I blame Andy Marte.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby TonyIPI » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:36 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Tony, You've been crossing my mind a lot the last few days. Sorry to hear that it is cancer, but glad to hear that it sounds operable and was caught relatively early. Are you going to need Chemo or anything?

Just to echo, you'l be in my (and a whole lot of people's) thoughts and prayers.

BTW - I blame Andy Marte.

Thanks. Amazingly, no chemo or anything as part of the recovery process. One of the unique differences with kidney cancer. Just gonna be laid up for a bit.
2011 Indians Top 100 Prospects and More book now available: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2 ... -book.html
TonyIPI

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Tony, I am very relieved for you. I lost my father to kidney cancer over ten years ago, but it had spread and was deemed unoperable. Your first tweet took me back to a bad time, but I prayed real hard for you, and am so glad that your condition is not similar to my fathers.

I am looking forward to getting Indians draft, prospects and farm news from you, for a long, long time.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby TonyIPI » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 pm

WarAdmiral wrote:Tony, I am very relieved for you. I lost my father to kidney cancer over ten years ago, but it had spread and was deemed unoperable. Your first tweet took me back to a bad time, but I prayed real hard for you, and am so glad that your condition is not similar to my fathers.

I am looking forward to getting Indians draft, prospects and farm news from you, for a long, long time.

Thank you and I appreciate the kind words and thoughts. I am also very sorry for your loss. I've never experienced a loved one or friend go through cancer, so I admit to being a bit niave about it....but holy shit is it scary as all hell once it affects you or someone close to you. I (hopefully) just got lucky.
TonyIPI

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:01 pm

I've been off the board for a few days due to pneumonia so I'm late to the party. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family will be in my prayers Tony. Glad to hear all the others praying for you and going above and beyond to get you treated as quickly as possible.

I saw a poster above mention the fact that you were influential in getting him to start reading/posting over here....You can count me into that category as well.

Keep up the good fight my man, you're in our thoughts and prayers.
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB