Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

There's the Jeremy Guthrie we all know and love

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

There's the Jeremy Guthrie we all know and love

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:14 pm

Trachsel retires the first two batters in the 6th, then walks Nixon and Peralta back-to-back. Then he gets taken out for Jeremy Guthrie, who promptly hits Dellucci, gives up a 2 RBI single to Josh Barfield, then gives up a 3-run inside the park HR to Sizemore. Good to see he hasn't changed!
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: There's the Jeremy Guthrie we all know and love

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:17 pm

StewieG wrote:Trachsel retires the first two batters in the 6th, then walks Nixon and Peralta back-to-back. Then he gets taken out for Jeremy Guthrie, who promptly hits Dellucci, gives up a 2 RBI single to Josh Barfield, then gives up a 3-run inside the park HR to Sizemore. Good to see he hasn't changed!

I've always said that HRs are overrated when it comes to excitement. Triples are most often the most exciting hits, but Grady's Inside the Park Homers are some of the most exciting hits I've ever seen. I was very happy with Barfield's clutch hit (and he's had his share of those). I felt like a HR was coming on with Grady and was disappointed when it hit the top of the wall, but began jumping up and down like crazy when I saw he was rounding 3B.

Inside the Park HRs without errors are things of beauty.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Absolutely. I always stop whenever I hear the possibility of one of those happening, even when it's against the Indians. Those are the most exciting play in baseball, bar none, because there's almost always enough time for the fielder to recover and at least get close to having a play at the plate. If the cutoff man gets the ball in right away, it's a lot closer than it was. I still say he's safe though :mrgreen:
StewieG

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:26 pm

14 quality starts in 20 games for Indians starters this year. That's pretty good.
StewieG

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 pm

I've always said that HRs are overrated when it comes to excitement. Triples are most often the most exciting hits, but Grady's Inside the Park Homers are some of the most exciting hits I've ever seen.

Agreed for the most part.

IMO nothing beats a base loaded double or triple (especially with 2 outs) which gets the wheels moving. Just seeing those 4 guys running all out crazy like that the same time in a big circle is great.

The replay of Omar's shot down the right field line in the Seattle comeback is the perfect example, seeing Cordero, Diaz and Lofton all running for their lives was incredible.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:08 pm

StewieG wrote:14 quality starts in 20 games for Indians starters this year. That's pretty good.

Too bad one of those starts was messed up by Eric Wedge and his "let's pitch to A-Rod with first base open" theory of management.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby unvme2 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:10 pm

Quality starts good - pitch count bad
unvme2

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB