Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

MLB - Top Players In Your Lifetime

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

MLB - Top Players In Your Lifetime

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Was debating this one at work yesterday and found it interesting how everyone ranked...

Top 2 at all field positions & closers and the top 5 starting pitchers we've ever witnessed:

C- Johnny Bench, Mike Piazza
1B- Pete Rose, Eddie Murray
2B- Joe Morgan, Robbie Alomar
3B- Mike Schmidt, George Brett
SS- Robin Yount, Cal Ripken
LF- Barry Bonds, Rickey Henderson
CF- Ken Griffey Jr, Kirby Puckett
RF- Reggie Jackson, Tony Gwinn
RP- Dennis Eckersley, Mariano Rivera
SP- Roger Clemens, Greg Maddox, Tom Seaver, Steve Carlton, Randy Johnson

Was a little too young to appreciate the prime years of Aaron, Yaz, Frank & Brooks Robinson...

Some tough omissions were Jeter, McGwire, Pujols, Jim Palmer, Rollie Fingers & Nolan Ryan...

Lookin over my list and damn, that Big Red Machine was awesome
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: MLB - Top Players In Your Lifetime

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Pat Tabler, Corey Snyder, Felix Fermin, Junior Noba, Luis Medina, Jerry Browne, Mell Hall, Carlos Martinez, Brook Jacoby, Andy Allanson, Greg Swindell, Doug Jones.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:05 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Pat Tabler, Corey Snyder, Felix Fermin, Junior Noba, Luis Medina, Jerry Browne, Mell Hall, Carlos Martinez, Brook Jacoby, Andy Allanson, Greg Swindell, Doug Jones.

No Paul Zuvella?

Yer nuts
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Hmmm this is very much off the top of my head but mine would be

C Pudge
1B Pujols
2B Alomar
3B Rolen/Chipper Jones
SS Omar
OF Griffey
OF Manny
OF Guerrero

DH Ellis Burks, The Big Hurt

SP Pedro
SP Clemens
SP Smoltz
SP Santana
SP Zito (Oakland days)

RP Eric Gagne (Only had 4 or 5 good seasons as a reliever but he had that phenomenal streak and him and Mota in the back of that LA bullpen were incredible. And it's not often a reliever wins the Cy Young Award)
RP Mo Rivera
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:42 pm

c- Bench, Pudge
1b-Pujols, Mattingly
2b- Alomar, Morgan
ss- Omar, Ozzie
3b- Schmidt, Brett
OF- Griffey Jr., Parker, Bonds
SP- Maddux, Pedro, Unit, Clemens, Carlton
RP- Eckersley, Rivera
DH- McGwire, Thomas

Top of the head.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby shamwow imitator » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Prisoner of the moment, but no Ichiro love in Right Field??
shamwow imitator

Favorite Player: Dick Jacobs
Least Favorite Player: Dolans

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:11 pm

C- Pudge Rodriguez
1B- Will Clark
2B- Roberto Alomar
3B- Matt Williams
SS- Omar Vizquel
LF- Barry Bonds
CF- Ken Griffey Jr.
RF- Paul O'Neill
DH- Edgar Martinez
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Pudge
Pujols
Robbie Alomar
A-Rod
A-Rod - probably the best SS and 3B of this generation, damn him for taking steroids
Bonds
Griffey
Ichiro
Pedro
Randy Johnson
Mo Rivera
Billy Wagner - threw 100 as a lefty closer, 6 94+ K years as a closer, career ERA+ of 187 and retired after arguably his best year coming off of Tommy John surgery

Prisoner of the moment, but no Ichiro love in Right Field??

I swear I didn't see this before I posted my list.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:12 am

shamwow imitator wrote:Prisoner of the moment, but no Ichiro love in Right Field??

It really is amazing how much of an afterthought he is because he plays in Seattle.

We basically have the reincarnation of Ty Cobb (sans being a racist and an asshole) playing in modern-day baseball and the guy goes ignored.

Ichiro would've done better for his legacy had he turned on more pitches and hit for power (he could've if he wanted to). But I think he's a top 30 player of all time the way he is right now. One of the great defensive players of all time, one of the best lead-off hitters ever, can hit for contact, can hit for power and his OBP is pretty darn good for a guy who swings at everything. He's almost the perfect baseball player.
Dellucci TailGator

Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:22 am

Dellucci TailGator wrote:
shamwow imitator wrote:Prisoner of the moment, but no Ichiro love in Right Field??

It really is amazing how much of an afterthought he is because he plays in Seattle.

We basically have the reincarnation of Ty Cobb (sans being a racist and an asshole) playing in modern-day baseball and the guy goes ignored.

Ichiro would've done better for his legacy had he turned on more pitches and hit for power (he could've if he wanted to). But I think he's a top 30 player of all time the way he is right now. One of the great defensive players of all time, one of the best lead-off hitters ever, can hit for contact, can hit for power and his OBP is pretty darn good for a guy who swings at everything. He's almost the perfect baseball player.

And it's mind-bottling that he came to the US at age 27 and in 10 years has 2250 hits. He keeps in such good shape, it's not outside the realm of possibility for him to have 5 more good years (to age 42), not 220 hit years but good years for normal mortals. 5 more years of 150 hits would give him 3000 which would be incredible. Adding up his hits in the Japanese League and he could end up with over 4500 for a career (I don't know his Japanese totals but I do know he won a number of batting titles). And you mentioned his incredible defense and throwing arm. First ballot Hall of Famer.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:20 am

'Mind-bottling'?

Anyway, Good call on Ichiro. Maybe because he's reputed to be as selfish as any player in the league I just went with Parker in my OF (and believe me, I understand guy was a blow-freak).

Also props to Herm on Edgar at DH. :thumb up:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:31 am

peeker643 wrote:'Mind-bottling'?

Anyway, Good call on Ichiro. Maybe because he's reputed to be as selfish as any player in the league I just went with Parker in my OF (and believe me, I understand guy was a blow-freak).

I kinda go with the Adam Smith theory of capitalism with baseball. If everyone was as selfish, egotistical and single-mindedly consumed as Ted Williams and Ichiro were with hitting the stuffing out of a baseball, the greater team good would be better served.

I guess that's assuming everyone has superhuman hand-eye coordination, though.

It's also why I'm a sucker for guys like Adam Dunn...players that so many people dump on, but if you had nine of them you'd have the greatest line-up in baseball history.

Amazing thing about Edgar was he did all that damage basically without any legs supporting him. All arms. People rag on him for DH'ing while completely ignoring the fact that with better knees, who knows what kind of power numbers he could've put up.
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby MikeCheckGW » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Being 27 years old, I only really have memories of the 90s until current day...

C: Mike Piazza Pudge
1B: Albert Pujols Frank Thomas
2B: Roberto Alomar Craig Biggio
SS: Cal Ripken Omar Barry Larkin
3B: Ken Caminiti ARod
OF: Ken Griffey JR Barry Bonds Albert Belle Tony Gwynn
SP: Greg Maddux Randy Johnson Pedro Martinez
RP: Mariano Rivera Troy Percival Billy Wagner Armando Benetiz (I always like his "stuff")
MikeCheck

Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
MikeCheckGW

Favorite Player: Asdrubal
Least Favorite Player: LBJ

Unread postby swerb » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Some things that stand out for me ...

Tony Gwynn is the best pure average hitter I've ever seen. Greg Maddux his equivalent as a pitcher.

Dennis Eckersley those years he was rollin with the A's as their closer and Pedro Martinez with the Sox (that changeup, my god) are the two most individually dominant pitchers I've seen with my own eyes.

In the field, Omar Vizquel. Those years he and Robby were up the middle for us, I will be talking about that the rest of my life. And Robby ... in his prime, prolly the best all around player I've seen.

Pure power hitters, harder to quantify with all the roids. Pujols has to be at the top of the list though. And Griffey back in the day with the Mariners, that sweet swing ... wow.

Thats what sticks out for me.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Listing Will Clark & Paul O'Neill in front of Pujols & Ichiro + my Tribe takes in general = why I don't spend too much time on this forum.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:41 pm

My backups are best defensive. No known druggies.

C-Bench, Carter
1b-Murray, Hernandez (hated him for the year here)
2b- Morgan, Alomar
SS- Yount, Omar
3rd-Schmit, Robinson
LF-Henderson, Yaz
CF-Griffey Jr, Puckett
RF-Jackson, Ichiro

SP- Ryan, Johnson, Mike Scott, Guidry, Maddox

RP- Fingers, Ek, Gossage, Hrabosky, Gagne

Manager-Billy Martin

Know I left a bunch off or forgot about probably more deserving but I feel good enough to post this collection.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Rickey Henderson, Pujols and Bonds. And then the rest of my list would be a notch below.

Anyone remember Rickey causing routine 1st innings to last a half and hour? LP saw nobody...NOBODY effect a major league baseball game like Rickey.

And the years he created for players and teams....he helped Mattingly become Donnie Baseball.

And good to see Barry Larkin listed. Most underrated player of my lifetime. And it's rough in these here parts, but fact of the matter is you win more games with Barry Larkin at short than Omar, and it wouldn't be all that close.

Lastly, how far off is Miggy Cabrera? If not for Albert, he'd be the best Right Handed hitter I ever saw. Still only 27, played, or playing in terrible parks to hit...Christ is he good. And he could go shot for shot with the Mick.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:35 pm

swerb wrote:In the field, Omar Vizquel. Those years he and Robby were up the middle for us, I will be talking about that the rest of my life. And Robby ... in his prime, prolly the best all around player I've seen.
As I was reading down thru this thread, I was thinking exactly this. I count myself blessed to have had the chance to see the Robbie-Omar double play combo every night. There was a put-to-music highlight every game with those two. I have said it here before... I remember watching the Tribe with my young (at the time - he's in college now) son after they pulled one of their amazing double plays and saying to my son that I wanted him to really remember this, that we were quite possibly watching the best double play combo ever. I want him to be able to tell his kids about it someday.

Add Kenny Lofton and Sandy Alomar and that Tribe was very solid up the middle, front to back.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:35 pm

peeker643 wrote:'Mind-bottling'?

Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:37 pm

leadpipe wrote:And good to see Barry Larkin listed. Most underrated player of my lifetime. And it's rough in these here parts, but fact of the matter is you win more games with Barry Larkin at short than Omar, and it wouldn't be all that close.

The Omar Indians won 860 games from 94-2003 (time spent in CTown), Larkin's Reds won 779 (during that same span). You're right not even close.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:46 pm

FUDU wrote:
leadpipe wrote:And good to see Barry Larkin listed. Most underrated player of my lifetime. And it's rough in these here parts, but fact of the matter is you win more games with Barry Larkin at short than Omar, and it wouldn't be all that close.

The Omar Indians won 860 games from 94-2003 (time spent in CTown), Larkin's Reds won 779 (during that same span). You're right not even close.

Umm, if you had equal teams and put Larkin at short you would win more games than if Omar was there.

Using your rationale;

Put Frank Duffy on the '27 Yanks and he's a bigger winner than both of them.

From Bill James:

"Larkin is one of the ten most complete players in baseball history. He's a .300 hitter, has power, has speed, excellent defense, and is a good percentage player. He ranks with DiMaggio, Mays and a few others as the most well rounded stars in baseball history"

I'm not far from close. I'm right.

Here's the thing, Larkin was a FANTASTIC defensive player. Omar is arguable the best of all-time. Give Omar a 10/10 on defense, Larkin and his gold gloves (in a career overlapped at short by Ozzie Smith - who won GG's in 89' and 90 that Larkin should have won) are an 8 to 9.

And Larkin does EVERYTHING else better, and in many cases it's not close.

Hit .338 in the post season and wears a ring.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Thing is obviously we can never make the comparison a reality so it is a bit much to even make the suggestion. Was Barry the better offensive player, no doubt. Was he good defensively yes, very good, eh at times, but Omar was exceptional defensively all the time. But you know what part of their games is the real difference maker in regards to your original comment, the fact that Omar was an iron man compared to Larkin.

I have no problem if you want to say Larkin was the better player (and use his offense as the over riding factor) it is at least arguable to some degree. But your claim is just too far fetched based on the reality of their careers. When comparing the two players Larkin simply missed too many games to make such a claim, especially taking into account his replacement was obviously not as good as himself or Omar.

I loved Larkin a true baller in the mold of a Robbie Alomar type, but your notion of winning more with Larkin is not based on reality.

FUDU

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:59 pm

C- Pudge/Piazza
1B- Eddie Murray/Pujols
2B- Ryne Sandberg/Robbie Alomar
SS- Ripken/Arod
3B- Mike Schmidt/George Brett
LF- Ricky Henderson/Barry Bonds
CF- Ken Griffey Jr./Kirby Puckett
RF- Dave Winfield/Vlad
SP- Maddux/Pedro/Clemens: tough to say which guy was better.
RP- Eck/Rivera
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:03 pm

FUDU wrote:Thing is obviously we can never make the comparison a reality so it is a bit much to even make the suggestion. Was Barry the better offensive player, no doubt. Was he good defensively yes, very good, eh at times, but Omar was exceptional defensively all the time. But you know what part of their games is the real difference maker in regards to your original comment, the fact that Omar was an iron man compared to Larkin.

I have no problem if you want to say Larkin was the better player (and use his offense as the over riding factor) it is at least arguable to some degree. But your claim is just too far fetched based on the reality of their careers. When comparing the two players Larkin simply missed too many games to make such a claim, especially taking into account his replacement was obviously not as good as himself or Omar.

I loved Larkin a true baller in the mold of a Robbie Alomar type, but your notion of winning more with Larkin is not based on reality.

At what times was Barry Larkin not excellent defensively?

Barry Larkin was a better overall player. You win more games with better players. This sin't "far fetched," it's based on the facts.

And culling the stats you come up with "he missed too many games?" More than Ken Griffey Jr.?....

Omar was great, Barry was better. I'm always taking the best player if I want to win.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Larkin can be the better player, and you can take him over Omar every day if you want, but if Larkin isn't on the field how can he win you more games.

Omar averaged over 20 games played more a season, and in his first 19 seasons played over 140 games 15 times. Larkin fell short of 140 12 times in 19 years.

Being on the field is a big deal and significantly impacts a team winning or losing with either as their short stop.
Last edited by FUDU on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FUDU

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Seriously, Larkin vs. Vizquel is no contest.

(For Larkin if you couldn't tell)
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:43 pm

peeker643 wrote:Also props to Herm on Edgar at DH. :thumb up:

If you looked up "professional hitter" in the dictionary there'd be a picture of Edgar Martinez there.

And he MERKED Tribe pitching... except in the '95 ALCS, of course.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:49 pm

Now there is a list I'd like to see, everyone's line up made of only professional hitters.

Kevin Seitzer
Matt Stairs
David Segui
Will Cordero
Edgar Martinez (or any of those guys the Tribe picked up from 96-2001 for 1 or 2 seasons).
Pat Tabler

FUDU

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:52 pm

FUDU wrote:Now there is a list I'd like to see, everyone's line up made of only professional hitters.

Kevin Seitzer
Matt Stairs
David Segui
Will Cordero
Edgar Martinez (or any of those guys the Tribe picked up from 96-2001 for 1 or 2 seasons).
Pat Tabler

Jim Eisenreich
Dave Magadan
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:20 am

Remember Mike Easler of the Pirates? Now there was a professional hitter.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:24 am

Rob Deer.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jameseboy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:28 am

Going from memory

C Yogi Berra Thurman Munson
1b Boog Powell
2b Robby Alomar, Bobby Avilla
ss Ozzie, Omar
3b Al Rosen, Brooks Robinson
Outfield. Mantle, Mays, Colavito, Kuhn, Belle, Clemente

LH Herb Score
RH Nolan Ryan

I know I put a Tribe slant on that but I watched them more and they are my guys...some awefully good players there.
jameseboy

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:52 am

WarAdmiral wrote:My backups are best defensive. No known druggies.

C-Bench, Carter
1b-Murray, Hernandez (hated him for the year here)
2b- Morgan, Alomar
SS- Yount, Omar
3rd-Schmit, Robinson
LF-Henderson, Yaz
CF-Griffey Jr, Puckett
RF-Jackson, Ichiro

SP- Ryan, Johnson, Mike Scott, Guidry, Maddox

RP- Fingers, Ek, Gossage, Hrabosky, Gagne

Manager-Billy Martin

Know I left a bunch off or forgot about probably more deserving but I feel good enough to post this collection.

Loved Robin Yount as a kid.

Unbelievable player who wins a GG and MVP award at at SS and then another MVP as a CF.

Dude won two MVP awards and is a HOFer but made only three ALL Star games. Top 50 ALL TIME in hits, doubles, runs, x-base hits, sac flies and was a ridiculous defensive player at two of the toughest spots on the field.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jerryroche » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 am

Here are my choices. Realizing that I'm pretty much giving my age away, I did not include Mantle, Mays, Musial and Williams -- all of whom I saw but were in the twilight of their careers when I was a young'un.
Also, no steroid or other prohibited-drug users on this list.
My dream line-up card:
1. Ichiro Suzuki, OF (over Carl Yastrzemski and even Pete Rose)
2. Roberto Alomar, 2B (over Joe Morgan)
3. Albert Pujols, 1B
4. Hank Aaron, OF
5. Mike Schmidt, 3B
6. Johnny Bench, C
7. Roberto Clemente, OF
8. Ozzie Smith, SS
9. Sandy Koufax, SP*
Bob Gibson, SP, Pedro Martinez, SP, Randy Johnson, SP (over Nolan Ryan), Mariano Riviera, RP
*Koufax was at the top of his game for only a few years, but during that time he was virtually unhittable. ERAs of 1.75, 1.88, 2.04 and 1.73 in between 1961 and 1966. Three no-hitters in that span.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:Remember Mike Easler of the Pirates? Now there was a professional hitter.

and a Cleveland boy to boot
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby MikeCheckGW » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:59 pm

jerryroche wrote:Here are my choices. Realizing that I'm pretty much giving my age away, I did not include Mantle, Mays, Musial and Williams -- all of whom I saw but were in the twilight of their careers when I was a young'un.
Also, no steroid or other prohibited-drug users on this list.
My dream line-up card:

8. Ozzie Smith, SS

Ozzie Smith was a hard omission from my list. I only have vague memories of him, but from what I recall he was a magician with the glove. SS has had some good depth with Omar, Jeter, ARod, Ozzie, Cal Ripken, Larkin, Yount, etc. And those are just the top froms the 80s on.
MikeCheck

Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
MikeCheckGW

Favorite Player: Asdrubal
Least Favorite Player: LBJ

Unread postby Liondrew » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:01 pm

These are the guys I have actually seen play (I am 27):
Catcher: Ivan Rodriguez
First base: Frank Thomas
Second base: Roberto Alomar
Shortstop: Omar Vizquel
Third base: Cal Ripken Jr.
Outfield: Albert Belle, Ken Griffey Jr., Manny Ramirez
Designated hitter: Edgar Martinez
Starting rotation: Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux, Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling
Bullpen: Dennis Eckersley, Jonathan Papelbon, Mariano Rivera
Liondrew

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB